Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/25/2018, 12:13 PM   #1
Optionman
Registered Member

Apex Fusion Issue

yesterday after i got to work i noticed that my reef temp was dropping lower then it should based on my apex on/off settings. the apex app said the heater was "ON" but temp kept declining. when i clicked on the EB832 it showed that plug #4 (heater's outlet) was putting out 0/0/0 amps, etc. but the other 7 outlets were working perfectly.

i had nobody at my home to call and ask to check the heater and/or apex so i was contemplating going home from work early to prevent the temp from dropping dangerously low (it was very cold outside and my house runs cold).

suddenly after 3 hours of watching the temp drop, the EB832 reversed course and showed plug #4 putting out normal amps, etc. and my tank temp began to rise. when i got home i checked the plug going into outlet #4 and it was fully inserted. no issues since yesterday.

does anyone have a viable explanation for this happening?

thanks

Optionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/25/2018, 02:33 PM   #2
Optionman
Registered Member

just happened again. everything was working and suddenly plug #4 is dead.

Unread 01/27/2018, 12:57 PM   #3
aaronpentz
Registered Member

Have you checked that the heater is not the faulty piece of equipment. Swap outlets with something else. Change programming between the two outlets. Doing this will determine if the outlet or attached equipment is faulty.

Problem stays with the outlet then the outlet is bad. Problem moves with the heater then the heater is bad.

You can also monitor the current draw and have the apex alarm out if the outlet is on and not using any electricity

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 67 Long

Last edited by aaronpentz; 01/28/2018 at 12:14 PM.
aaronpentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/31/2018, 10:01 AM   #4
Optionman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpentz View Post
Have you checked that the heater is not the faulty piece of equipment. Swap outlets with something else. Change programming between the two outlets. Doing this will determine if the outlet or attached equipment is faulty.

Problem stays with the outlet then the outlet is bad. Problem moves with the heater then the heater is bad.

You can also monitor the current draw and have the apex alarm out if the outlet is on and not using any electricity

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Apex tech support was very helpful. when i got home it appears the heater was shot. the outlet worked perfectly. i replaced the 200w heater with a more powerful 500w titanium unit and all is well.

Unread 02/20/2018, 02:34 PM   #5
jubjub47
Registered Member

Sounds to me like the heater has a separate thermostat that is dialed down too low

jubjub47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/21/2018, 01:49 PM   #6
wmo168
Registered Member

APEX saved your tank! You should have program if Temp below or above certain degree raise alarm and shut off outlet

wmo168 is offline   Reply With Quote