Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/16/2018, 09:33 AM   #1
chucklez
Registered Member

So I am about to start...

...a new build. Actually, I am downsizing my current system of 2x125g, 80g sump, and 60g frag tank. Replacing the 2x125 with 1x150 tall and moving it upstairs to the living room as the current system doesent get the love it deserves in the basement. I have been playing with a free program from Google called Sketchup. Not the most intuitive thing to learn, but it helps to model pretty well. Well, I have completed a few models of the system, but just want to get others opinions.

System will be a 150g tall SPS dominant reef with 3x Radions and 2 retrofit dimmable 39w T5s. Sump and frag system will be in a basement room directly under the tank. Tank itself has already been drilled as a CL system. Plan to run the CL using a Vectra L1 in reef crest mode. Return pump in basement will be a around a Panworld 200PS, maybe a bit smaller. Second pump in basement running frag/reactors/skimmer has yet to be decided. Possibly another L1. Only thing I have changed from the attached pics is I am NOT going to be putting ball valves on the CL returns on the tank. Dont see much of a reason for that now that I look at it.

So, anyone give me thoughts or suggestions. Trying to make this the most easy to mantain system I have had to date. If its hard to keep up, maintenance becomes a chore.

orange = CL system
Gray = overflow
Blue = Return
Green = Filtration

Current Tank Info: 150g
chucklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2018, 10:15 AM   #2
oldhead
Registered Member

Looks pretty easy to maintain to me. Anything in a roomy basement would be easier than an in stand sump. Often thought of moving my sump to the basement. Maybe one day.

oldhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2018, 10:29 PM   #3
lionfish300
Registered Member

Look sweet with the fish room it ought to be easy for maintenance

lionfish300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2018, 12:23 AM   #4
gonereefing654
Registered Member

Sweet. I’m so jealous. Of both your setup and you’re ability to make drawings like that!!
Can I ask how many hours the plans took to make like that?

gonereefing654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2018, 10:19 AM   #5
chucklez
Registered Member

Over the course of several days, I probably spent 2-3 hrs total. Most of the components are already created, just drag and drop then rotate them to where you want them.

The drawing helped to figure out sizes and number of fittings needed

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 150g
chucklez is offline   Reply With Quote