Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/26/2018, 01:34 AM   #1
fishkeeprian
Registered Member

Heteractis crispa

Hello,

I have an H.Crispa that is excelling in my holding tank but I think it's not time to move to my DT.

The phosphates in the tank are 0.05 (Hanna low range checker) and nitrates are at 2.5ppm (salifert). The remaining parameters are in good order.

The Phosphates (currently fish only) in my main DT is 0 (Hanna low range checker) and 0 Nitrates (salifert).

Could this cause any health issues to my Anemone?

Thanks

Unread 07/27/2018, 02:01 PM   #2
Cancun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkeeprian View Post
Hello,

I have an H.Crispa that is excelling in my holding tank but I think it's not time to move to my DT.

The phosphates in the tank are 0.05 (Hanna low range checker) and nitrates are at 2.5ppm (salifert). The remaining parameters are in good order.

The Phosphates (currently fish only) in my main DT is 0 (Hanna low range checker) and 0 Nitrates (salifert).

Could this cause any health issues to my Anemone?

Thanks
Hi.... those numbers are not bad at all...I have a large blue carpet nem and 3 RBTS in my DT....my nitrates hover around 10ppm on Red Sea test kit.... phosphates around 2ppm....no issues from my nens, had them for several years. Now the H.Crispa might be more sensitive than RBTS, but I don't see you having a issue. Your parameters look good...

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL
Cancun is offline   Reply With Quote