User Tag List

Unread 12/10/2013, 02:16 PM   #51
MarineDepot
Sponsor

NOW IN STOCK: AquaMaxx ConeS CO-2 and CO-3 Protein Skimmers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoricuaMojao View Post
Thanks, I tried that already.

Since I built the sump with the 9.5 inch skimmer chamber I'm thinking I'll just raise the skimmer slightly with something underneath.
Raising the skimmer just enough to get the silencer out of the water will solve the problem. Let us know if you run into any more trouble.

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2013, 02:20 PM   #52
BoricuaMojao
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineDepot View Post
Raising the skimmer just enough to get the silencer out of the water will solve the problem. Let us know if you run into any more trouble.
will do. Any suggestions on something inert but that would isolate vibration?

The SSA that I had before had rubber feet, the cones-1 solid legs sit right on my sump's glass and transfers some vibration that makes noise.

Current Tank Info: 70 gal cube reef to be, apollo reef solarblast, SSA-CS7
BoricuaMojao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2013, 02:31 PM   #53
MarineDepot
Sponsor

BoricuaMojao - Neoprene mouse pads or an old wet suit are a classic favorite for DIY hobbyists.

Unread 12/10/2013, 02:42 PM   #54
ECFENCING
Registered Member

Is this a typo? Shark versus Sicce?

From your website:

Specifications
Model Item # Tank Size
(Max) Height FootPrint Pump Chamber
Diameter
EM100 UJ00160 120 Gal 21.7" 6.3" x 8.6” Sicce 1.5 4.7"
EM200 UJ00161 240 Gal 22.8" 6.7" x 9.8” Shark 2.0 6"
EM300 UJ00162 340 Gal 22.8" 9.1" x 13" Shark 3.0 8"
EM500 UJ00163 500 Gal 22.8" 11" x 16” Shark 5.0 10"
EM600 UJ00164 600 Gal 22.8" Shark 3.0 & 5.0 12"

Do you stock the EM100? and would that be a better fit or should I go with the EM200?

ECFENCING is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2013, 02:47 PM   #55
MarineDepot
Sponsor

NOW IN STOCK: AquaMaxx ConeS CO-2 and CO-3 Protein Skimmers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECFENCING View Post
Is this a typo? Shark versus Sicce?

From your website:

Specifications
Model Item # Tank Size
(Max) Height FootPrint Pump Chamber
Diameter
EM100 UJ00160 120 Gal 21.7" 6.3" x 8.6” Sicce 1.5 4.7"
EM200 UJ00161 240 Gal 22.8" 6.7" x 9.8” Shark 2.0 6"
EM300 UJ00162 340 Gal 22.8" 9.1" x 13" Shark 3.0 8"
EM500 UJ00163 500 Gal 22.8" 11" x 16” Shark 5.0 10"
EM600 UJ00164 600 Gal 22.8" Shark 3.0 & 5.0 12"

Do you stock the EM100? and would that be a better fit or should I go with the EM200?
This is not a typo, basically the "Shark" is a modified Sicce brand pump. The EM100 model is no longer available.

I think you will be much happier with the EM200. It is less sensitive to water level and will handle a heavier bio-load when compared to both the CO-1 and EM100.

Unread 12/27/2013, 12:18 PM   #56
Brian Crook
Registered Member

Hi there!

I would very much like to purchase the ConeS CO3 protein skimmer but it appears to be out of stock.

The website says that it's a 3-6 month backlog.. Is this accurate?

Just hoping you could provide a bit more information for me as my Christmas money is burning a hole in my pocket.

Cheers

Brian Crook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2013, 12:30 PM   #57
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Question AquaMaxx ConeS CO-3 Protein Skimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Crook View Post
Hi there!

I would very much like to purchase the ConeS CO3 protein skimmer but it appears to be out of stock.

The website says that it's a 3-6 month backlog.. Is this accurate?

Just hoping you could provide a bit more information for me as my Christmas money is burning a hole in my pocket.

Cheers
Cheers, Brian!

That ETA is not accurate. Our ETA system gets screwy sometimes when we have multiple purchase orders pending so I apologize for the confusion.

We are anticipating delivery at MDHQ here in SoCal by the second week of January (as long as there are not any unforeseen delays!). So we'll keep our fingers crossed for you!

If you're not in a huge hurry but want to save a few bucks, you can backorder one today and use coupon code FISHMAS to save 10% off your order. We'll charge you and ship your new ConeS CO-3 once it arrives here.

Otherwise we'd recommend clicking the "Add to Cart" button and then clicking the "Notify When Available" option so we can send you an email once they arrive since they'll be fulfilled on a first-come, first-serve basis (with the backorders getting priority fulfillment).

Unread 12/27/2013, 12:55 PM   #58
Brian Crook
Registered Member

Thank you for the reply.

Order is placed.

Can't wait!!

Unread 12/27/2013, 12:58 PM   #59
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Thumbs up AquaMaxx ConeS CO-3 Protein Skimmer

Quote:
Thank you for the reply.

Order is placed.

Can't wait!!
Awesome!

Did you add the free shirt to your order? If not, PM me your order # and shirt size and I'll add it for you internally.

Thank you so much for shopping with us.

If for any reason you change your mind about the skimmer before we fulfill the order, just give us a ring and we can cancel the order or set you up with something else (if time becomes an issue).

Unread 12/27/2013, 05:41 PM   #60
Reepicheep
Registered Member

I'm ready to buy a skimmer as well and can't decide between an Aquamaxx CO-3 or the Ecomaxx EM300. I'm fine with a backorder of a few weeks. My tank is 180 gallon barebottom fish only with an enormous 100-gallon sump. Suggestions?

Reepicheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2013, 07:22 PM   #61
rownsurf
Registered Member

Been running the Cone 3 for several years and it's been great, so I imagine anyone looking at a Co-2 or 3 will be quite pleased, though unfortunately I've just run into trouble..ugh...

MD, my Cone 3 pump just died and I'm trying to find info on replacing it. I honestly cannot afford the full replacement right now and wondered if there is any difference between the Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0 and the Cone 3 pump, other than the inlet attachment (which I obviously have already), and the heavy acrylic piece that is placed in the outlet to attach to the skimmer body (which I figure I can duplicate with plastic for now).

rownsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/28/2013, 07:32 AM   #62
ksed
Registered Member

I have the EM 300 and works very well. The Syncra 3 should be the same just take the pinwheel out and the front cover.

ksed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/28/2013, 09:36 AM   #63
Brian Crook
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reepicheep View Post
I'm ready to buy a skimmer as well and can't decide between an Aquamaxx CO-3 or the Ecomaxx EM300. I'm fine with a backorder of a few weeks. My tank is 180 gallon barebottom fish only with an enormous 100-gallon sump. Suggestions?
It sounds like space isn't an issue in your sump, so my suggestion would be to purchase the one which provides more space for the water in the skimmer(pump external to skimmer body). In this case, I think the CO-3 would be the better choice, as the Ecomaxx appears to be designed for those with less space to work with.

I don't think you'd go wrong with either option, but I think you may be paying a premium for the Ecomaxx because of it's compactness, as the CO-3 is a comparable price and is rated for a larger aquarium volume.

My $0.02 (keep in mind that I haven't received mine yet though).

HTH

Unread 12/30/2013, 03:20 PM   #64
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Exclamation Protein Skimmer Recommendation

Quote:
Hi, Reepicheep. We're super-swamped today (and grateful for it, of course) so it's taking a bit longer to respond to your inquiry than usual. If you were hoping to redeem the 10% off coupon that expires at midnight tonight, would you mind calling our tech support staff directly at 1-800-566-FISH (3474). We've got a reply pending from one of our team members, but just in case your question is time sensitive we wanted to follow-up now. Thank you for your patience and the opportunity to assist you!

Unread 12/30/2013, 03:25 PM   #65
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Exclamation AquaMaxx Skimmer Pump Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rownsurf View Post
Been running the Cone 3 for several years and it's been great, so I imagine anyone looking at a Co-2 or 3 will be quite pleased, though unfortunately I've just run into trouble..ugh...

MD, my Cone 3 pump just died and I'm trying to find info on replacing it. I honestly cannot afford the full replacement right now and wondered if there is any difference between the Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0 and the Cone 3 pump, other than the inlet attachment (which I obviously have already), and the heavy acrylic piece that is placed in the outlet to attach to the skimmer body (which I figure I can duplicate with plastic for now).
Good afternoon, rownsurf. We passed along your questions to our tech team so we've got a more thorough reply pending, but just in case your questions are time sensitive (since we have a 10% off site-wide sale that ends at midnight) we wanted to request that you call in for support toll-free at 1-800-566-FISH (3474). Otherwise we'll have one of our more savvy staffers follow up that is familiar with AquaMaxx skimmer parts. Many thanks in advance for the opportunity to assist you!

Unread 12/30/2013, 05:35 PM   #66
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Question AquaMaxx Skimmer Pump Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rownsurf View Post

Thank you for your patience. Echoing ksed's feedback:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksed View Post
I have the EM 300 and works very well. The Syncra 3 should be the same just take the pinwheel out and the front cover.
We believe this to be the case as well. AquaMaxx states the pumps have been specifically modified for use in the skimmer, however, so you may want to hit them up to confirm before you buy.

Last edited by MarineDepot; 12/30/2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Typo
Unread 12/30/2013, 05:51 PM   #67
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Question CO-3 vs. EM300

Quote:
Quote:
It sounds like space isn't an issue in your sump, so my suggestion would be to purchase the one which provides more space for the water in the skimmer(pump external to skimmer body). In this case, I think the CO-3 would be the better choice, as the Ecomaxx appears to be designed for those with less space to work with.

I don't think you'd go wrong with either option, but I think you may be paying a premium for the Ecomaxx because of it's compactness, as the CO-3 is a comparable price and is rated for a larger aquarium volume.

My $0.02 (keep in mind that I haven't received mine yet though).

HTH
Brian Crook is right about the EcoMaxx EM300 having a smaller footprint. But, like he mentioned, it doesn't sound like space is an issue for you. We'd go with the CO-3. It's rated for tanks up to 500 gallons (vs. 340) and the price difference for the performance is nominal. You're also getting AquaMaxx's most refined design and technology, including the cool conical diffusers on the bubble plate and the handy handle on the collection cup.

Unread 12/30/2013, 10:26 PM   #68
Meldrath
Registered Member

Anyone on the fence about the aquamaxx em series... don't be.

I have the em200 for the past 4 months and it's dead silent, easy to clean (just becareful of the air intake acrylic), and excellent at it's main purpose: pulling crap from your tank.

Fine tunes easily for wet/dry skimming. It's worth the wait I promise you, especially at the price.

Meldrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2013, 08:03 AM   #69
Reepicheep
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi, Reepicheep. We're super-swamped today (and grateful for it, of course) so it's taking a bit longer to respond to your inquiry than usual. If you were hoping to redeem the 10% off coupon that expires at midnight tonight, would you mind calling our tech support staff directly at 1-800-566-FISH (3474). We've got a reply pending from one of our team members, but just in case your question is time sensitive we wanted to follow-up now. Thank you for your patience and the opportunity to assist you!
Thanks MD! I didn't want the discount to expire so I went ahead and backordered the CO-3. Space really isn't an issue for me, so I went for the biggest/newest of the options. Looking forward to when it comes in!

Reepicheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2013, 02:06 PM   #70
unze
Registered Member

I really like the look of the EM skimmer, but I see they only come in black.
Will white color be available soon?

unze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2013, 03:04 PM   #71
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Question Available in White?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unze View Post
I really like the look of the EM skimmer, but I see they only come in black.
Will white color be available soon?
We haven't heard any news about the EM Series becoming available in other colors. We do know they have new skimmers in the works, though. We saw photographs yesterday of a new prototype they are testing that isn't like anything else they're offering right now. New tank tech always gets us excited. lol

Unread 01/07/2014, 06:38 PM   #72
Brian Crook
Registered Member

Hey there Marine Depot, I was just wondering if you have any news on the shipment of ConeS CO-3's?

Thanks

Unread 01/08/2014, 10:36 AM   #73
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Question AquaMaxx ConeS CO-3 Protein Skimmer

Quote:
Hey there Marine Depot, I was just wondering if you have any news on the shipment of ConeS CO-3's?

Thanks
We have 20 on the way. We're hoping they arrive tomorrow! Thank you for your continued patience. We know it's been almost 2 weeks since you ordered. You must be getting anxious to get this baby in the water!

Unread 01/08/2014, 11:20 AM   #74
Brian Crook
Registered Member

That's awesome news, and yes I am very excited for the skimmer!

Cheers

Unread 01/08/2014, 11:06 PM   #75
dodgerblew
Registered Member

What about the co1

Obladi Oblada, life goes on Brah!

Current Tank Info: Tankless in TX and watching from the sidelines
dodgerblew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquamaxx co-1, aquamaxx co-2, aquamaxx co-3, aquamaxx cones, marine depot