Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/29/2016, 07:28 PM   #1301
illjoshlli
Registered Member

Standbys stopped working

Has anyone ran into issues with their standbys no longer working after the latest upgrade? When I click any standby it turns green but never actually activates and the counter never shows up. when I refresh it is no longer green.

i can't say for 100% it was due to the upgrade but the timing is suspect. I haven't made any other changes that I can think of.

I've tried multiple restarts and full shutdowns. i've also pulled the drive to validate there were no disk errors.

any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

illjoshlli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2016, 08:12 PM   #1302
MJNTWise
7 Year Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illjoshlli View Post
Has anyone ran into issues with their standbys no longer working after the latest upgrade? When I click any standby it turns green but never actually activates and the counter never shows up. when I refresh it is no longer green.

i can't say for 100% it was due to the upgrade but the timing is suspect. I haven't made any other changes that I can think of.

I've tried multiple restarts and full shutdowns. i've also pulled the drive to validate there were no disk errors.

any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Yep there is a issue....The standby works but there is not count down....I hope they fix it this week

Current Tank Info: 180 gal. 40B gal. sump. 100 lbs live rock, Duel Cor 20 return pump,30"lifereef skimmer,4 MP 40, 4 XR15w Pro 4 with 2 50/50 reefbrites, Apex Control
MJNTWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2016, 08:21 PM   #1303
Pickupman66
Registered Member

This has been reported and should be resolved soon. With the recent major Web update this arose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

15 years reef keeping experience in old school simplistic ways.
/><{{{{"> Archon BETA

Current Tank Info: 66 Gallon SCA Rimless, Custom 40 Breeder sump, DC pumps, Lumentek Pro 240 controlled by my Archon
Pickupman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2016, 08:23 PM   #1304
n2585722
Registered Member

I just checked. The beta version does have the coutdown so it should be out to you on the next update.

n2585722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/30/2016, 09:25 AM   #1305
shellsea
Registered Member

Still having trouble after new modem installed. I can get to the Archon to setup page. Fill in everything. Tried each setting in the encryption drop down but get no email or text from Archon with IP address. When I connect to Archon wifi on my iPad I can see a IP address but when I go back to my home network and try that ip I can not connect. Had same problem way back when and pickup man helped with some router changes I had to make. Maybe need same with the new router? Pickup is there a link somewhere for that process you could send?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 05/30/2016, 02:47 PM   #1306
Pickupman66
Registered Member

Unless I wrote it down I do not remember what I did to help you last time. maybe this next week we can set up a call and discuss it

/><{{{{"> Archon BETA

Current Tank Info: 66 Gallon SCA Rimless, Custom 40 Breeder sump, DC pumps, Lumentek Pro 240 controlled by my Archon
Unread 05/30/2016, 04:30 PM   #1307
shellsea
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickupman66 View Post
Unless I wrote it down I do not remember what I did to help you last time. maybe this next week we can set up a call and discuss it

That would be great. Thanks Lindsey. Seems that my timers and all were still working last night. Not sure about today I have fooled around with flash drive. Will see if timers still intact tonight. I will run on manual until you get some time or I get luckylol. Enjoy what u have left of holiday.

Unread 05/30/2016, 09:55 PM   #1308
puckett26
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickupman66 View Post
Come out of the analog ports on your IOE and then make you a harness where it splits the single analog pair into three pairs. Wire them in parallel. Sort of like a "y" but with 3 into one instead of 2. Having the ioe will make this an easy hookup.

On your lights. Once you know how to tap into them, wire the negative terminals of white channel together and the positive together then connect that to analog port 1 on archon. Do the same on the blues.

Am I supposed to be using advanced light settings to program this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

puckett26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2016, 05:51 AM   #1309
Pickupman66
Registered Member

If you want the lights to ramp up and down use the ramp function. I have attached my programming. You will need to create a timer to begin when you want your lights to come on and you want it to end when you want your lights to start ramping back down. For instance in my example below my lights come on at 10 a.m. the ramp is 5 hours and 30 minutes but the timer is 6 hours and 30 minutes. When the timer is done the lights will ramp back down for 5 hours and 30 minutes. This gives me one hour at full strength.

/><{{{{"> Archon BETA

Unread 05/31/2016, 05:54 AM   #1310
Pickupman66
Registered Member

One more thing. Most of the analog controlled ballast will not ramp below 10%. So you may want to take that into account if that is the case with yours

/><{{{{"> Archon BETA

Unread 05/31/2016, 01:56 PM   #1311
FlyingFishSKYw
Registered Member

I performed a major reefer faux pas just now... I clicked Update Software on my Archon from 4,200 away!!

Good news: flawless update!

Current Tank Info: 75 Gal, H2Overflow, LifeReef VS3-24 Skimmer, 2x Hydra 26, 30 gal diy sump, Apex
FlyingFishSKYw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2016, 03:13 PM   #1312
Pickupman66
Registered Member

YIKES. ive done this several time with good results. but it always makes me pucker.

/><{{{{"> Archon BETA

Unread 05/31/2016, 03:15 PM   #1313
FlyingFishSKYw
Registered Member

Digital Aquatics Archon Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFishSKYw View Post
I performed a major reefer faux pas just now... I clicked Update Software on my Archon from 4,200 away!!

Edit: 4,200 -miles- away

I really debated whether or not to update, but I'll be home Friday and a couple days in the dark was worth the risk. . That and my tank is in a non-critical decline right now as I get my 75 ready for the replacement.

Current Tank Info: 75 Gal, H2Overflow, LifeReef VS3-24 Skimmer, 2x Hydra 26, 30 gal diy sump, Apex
FlyingFishSKYw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2016, 05:16 PM   #1314
shellsea
Registered Member

Wow. Balls of steel. If I can say that here. I am a big fan of the Archon but even if I get to port forwarding not sure if I could pull that trigger with my lack of technology.

Unread 05/31/2016, 06:06 PM   #1315
puckett26
Registered Member

Just had to restore my Archon because the outputs wouldnt show, now I reprogram 4 PC4....

Unread 06/01/2016, 12:17 PM   #1316
elmexotics
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFishSKYw View Post

lol. I did the same thing to somebody's system. It was kinda fun

Current Tank Info: 20 custom nano, 400 reef(slowly setting it up)
elmexotics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2016, 05:57 PM   #1317
shellsea
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckett26 View Post
Just had to restore my Archon because the outputs wouldnt show, now I reprogram 4 PC4....

I had the same issue but resolved it by unplugging all bus cords to power bars and then plugging one back in waiting for it to be recognized then the next, waiting then the next. Resolved the matter. Good luck.

Unread 06/02/2016, 05:32 PM   #1318
puckett26
Registered Member

I did the update and now my archon won't boot up. When I did the software update. I couldn't connect to the Webserver so I checked the archon it was off. I unplugged it, then plugged it back in. The green light came on the nothing else. The orange one never came on. So I unplugged everything from it and try lied plugging the archon back in and nothing again. I'm at my wits end with this thing please help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Unread 06/02/2016, 06:02 PM   #1319
Pickupman66
Registered Member

Email eric at da. Go to their support link.

/><{{{{"> Archon BETA

Unread 06/06/2016, 08:56 PM   #1320
shellsea
Registered Member

Just a little shout out to the DA team Erik, et al especially pickup man. All have helped a non-techy guy like me reap the benefits of the Archon and all it has to offer. I have accomplished port forwarding two days before leaving on a 4 day trip and what a great feeling it is to be able to monitor my reef from miles away. Loving all the Archon can do for my tank.

Unread 06/06/2016, 09:39 PM   #1321
n2585722
Registered Member

To be safe don't try and do an update while you are gone. Have fun on your trip. Make sure you have someone that you can call to go check on things if you notice something wrong. Luckly I have my son and daughter that live nearby. they come by to feed the cats if we are away anyway.

n2585722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/06/2016, 09:40 PM   #1322
shellsea
Registered Member

10-4

Unread 06/07/2016, 02:45 PM   #1323
puckett26
Registered Member

Well unfortunately I believe its time for me to throw in the towel with the Archon. It was amazing while it was working. The last update that was released made it so that I can no longer access my Archon. I listened to the recommendation from this thread and tried trouble shooting with Eric through email with no luck this past Thursday and Friday. Saturday we got on the phone and did some troubleshooting. We tried to get in through telnet then even went as far as to open up the Archon itself. Last I heard from him Saturday was that he was going to go back to his office and look for another password or next day air mail me another archon. Fast forward to today, I received no Archon, no texts, no emails no phone calls. I have emailed him multiple times to see if he shipped it but nothing. I have even called and its like the dude has disappeared. I get he is a busy man and Im not his only customer and even that other people have had this issue but come on. A simple reply to one of the texts or emails with some sort of update would have been enough. You know like, sorry I haven't had a chance to ship or I been busy. Something would have been better then nothing. If this was just something I programmed wrong and I was trying to get help I could understand the delay but after talking to him it was nothing I did. This was something on their. Im so frustrated and tired of this thing.

Unread 06/07/2016, 08:26 PM   #1324
shellsea
Registered Member

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes it does seem insurmountable but I have always prevailed with help from those on this forum and Erik at DA. I am really loving the Archon these days. Don't give up yet. We all have things that pop up in our lives that prevent us from helping others in time of need. Even if it is our job sometimes.

Unread 06/13/2016, 03:00 PM   #1325
elmexotics
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckett26 View Post
Well unfortunately I believe its time for me to throw in the towel with the Archon. It was amazing while it was working. The last update that was released made it so that I can no longer access my Archon. I listened to the recommendation from this thread and tried trouble shooting with Eric through email with no luck this past Thursday and Friday. Saturday we got on the phone and did some troubleshooting. We tried to get in through telnet then even went as far as to open up the Archon itself. Last I heard from him Saturday was that he was going to go back to his office and look for another password or next day air mail me another archon. Fast forward to today, I received no Archon, no texts, no emails no phone calls. I have emailed him multiple times to see if he shipped it but nothing. I have even called and its like the dude has disappeared. I get he is a busy man and Im not his only customer and even that other people have had this issue but come on. A simple reply to one of the texts or emails with some sort of update would have been enough. You know like, sorry I haven't had a chance to ship or I been busy. Something would have been better then nothing. If this was just something I programmed wrong and I was trying to get help I could understand the delay but after talking to him it was nothing I did. This was something on their. Im so frustrated and tired of this thing.
Hello,
I do see that you received the new unit, I do apologize for disappearing, I had a battle with kidney stones that took me out for a while. Please let us know if there are any more issues.

Current Tank Info: 20 custom nano, 400 reef(slowly setting it up)
elmexotics is offline   Reply With Quote