Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/20/2019, 03:39 PM   #1
Wunderpus
Registered Member

BioCube 32 LED vs. JBJ 28 LED

All, looking for some input on deciding between the JBJ and the BioCube nano tanks w/ LEDs.... Biocube just released the "updated" version, which seems to just have a nicer stand. I know JBJ's historically have had lighting issues, serious issues... Have they fixed this? Which would be a better "out of the box" option for a basic LPS tank? This is my segway back into the hobby, so I want to start out right...

Also, I need a "closed" lid, not open top option.... So many of the other nano tanks, unfortunately, will not work.

Thank you everyone!

Wunderpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/22/2019, 08:39 PM   #2
rockhead51
Registered Member

I've got the BC32 LED with a Steve's LEDs upgrade and I love it, but it is my first tank so I can't compare. Happy to answer questions, though.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

rockhead51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2019, 07:30 PM   #3
NanoReefLovers
Registered Member

I too have the Biocube 32 with the Steve’s LED upgrade. I did the upgrade because I want hard corals. The LEDs the come with it are good for soft corals. I have always had large tanks in the past and this is my first experience with a Biocube but so far so good.

And God said, “Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures.”
Genesis 1:20a

Current Tank Info: 32g BioCube, Tunze 9001 skimmer, Icecap 1K power head, Steve’s LEDs
NanoReefLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/15/2019, 08:40 AM   #4
Rule69
Registered Member

Following as I want to get back into the hobby after a 10yrs of being out do to life. Wife will not allow a huge tank right now.

Rule69 is offline   Reply With Quote