Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > The Reef Chemistry Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/12/2020, 07:23 AM   #1
bucfan
Registered Member

Cycling question

Started a new 100g tank 7 days back. Used Brightwell's Microbacter XLM and Microbacter Quick Cycl. Ammonia been reading ~1 last 4 days. Nitrite 0.2 and nitrate 2. Are these expected results? When do I know if my cycle is done? Should I be expecting nitrite/nitrates to spike?

Unread 09/15/2020, 11:05 AM   #2
clevername
Registered Member

When you added the bacteria were the pumps off (all but powerhead)skimmer, UV and filter socks? Do you have a sand bed?

If you added the correct dosage you should have close to zero cycle. I added the same you did along with Dr Tims and added fish asap (which it tells you to do). Iv never had a spike in ammonia.