Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/11/2019, 10:16 AM   #1
ocram
Registered Member

50 Gallon DIY AIO Tank

Hi all

I'm planning to DIY a 50 gallon AIO Tank.

I will buy the tank which will be made of glass (to avoid scratches) and will be rimmless.

I will build in a rear sump including a tunze 9012 protein scimmer and a refugium with chaeto and leds behind the tank to grow them.

I want the water level in the rear sump to be significantly lower than in the display tank so that the skimmer does not stick out and so that the last chamber incl. the return pump can host the automatic top off.

How would you build this rear sump?
- acrylic (watertight) box with black front, baffles and transparent back that i can just put in the tank?
- All glass (since there seems to be no colored glass i would need to put black acrylic in front to get background)
- silicone in acrylic back wall (dont think that this will be stable enough with lower water level in the back)

Any other suggstions?

Thank you, Marco

ocram is offline   Reply With Quote