Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/20/2019, 06:35 AM   #1
nathanemmerich
Registered Member

Thinking of adding LED to my T5

I’m running 6bulb t5 (4 blue+, purple and actinic) and would really like to get a little more pop out of my corals. With a coral led flashlight they look a lot better. My question is will adding LEDs with the t5s still cause this. Or do the T5s wash out the intense coloration?

Any suggestions on lighting I could add? I was looking at the actinic sbar...

Thanks

nathanemmerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2019, 07:29 AM   #2
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Even just changing t5 bulbs can increase "pop"..
But yes many supplement their t5 with led...partly for pop and some to get some "shimmer" back...

Unread 01/20/2019, 08:31 AM   #3
Green Chromis
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanemmerich View Post
I’m running 6bulb t5 (4 blue+, purple and actinic) and would really like to get a little more pop out of my corals. With a coral led flashlight they look a lot better. My question is will adding LEDs with the t5s still cause this. Or do the T5s wash out the intense coloration?

Any suggestions on lighting I could add? I was looking at the actinic sbar...

Thanks
For the lighting part, there are many different brands you can buy, and just as many different prices you can pay. For the cheaper lights, look into all the different Chinese Black Box lights, for the middle of the pack lights, price wise, look into the Reef Breeders Photon V2+ lights , the Kessil lights, the AI lights, and many more in this price range, and if you want the high end lights, price and quality wise, look into the Mitra LX 7206 lights, the Radion lights, and the Orphek lights. Their are many different lights on the market, just do a little research, before you buy any particular brand of light.

Current Tank Info: 600 gallon Carribean Reef System, ETSS Protein Skimmer, 1.5HP Tradewinds Chiller, Reef Breeders Photon V2+ LED Lighting For The Refugium, Mitra LX7206 LED Lights For Display Tank
Green Chromis is offline   Reply With Quote