Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Coral Propagation and Aquaculture
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/18/2017, 04:59 PM   #1
Cambria
Registered Member

Label on millepora to search where it's from?

I got a maricultered millepora mini colony from someone and there's a tag attached to it. (I attached 2 photos of the tag and coral. Part of the tag was deep under the glued coral so I'm not able to all if it.) The person I got it from said that supposedly you are able to search and see what the coral is and where it's from but they weren't sure.

Has anyone seen this tag and where I might be able to go to search it? Sounds kinda cool if you're able to do that.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-05-18 15.49.52.jpg (60.5 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg 2017-05-18 15.50.44.jpg (38.4 KB, 76 views)
Cambria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2017, 05:27 AM   #2
Moort82
Registered Member

Just by looking at the label I think it shows the coral was mounted last September and that it's simple an acropora which is the f2 generation, meaning it's a product of fragging a frag of a wild colony. Would be interested to see if there is more to it.

Moort82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2017, 05:36 PM   #3
Cambria
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moort82 View Post
Just by looking at the label I think it shows the coral was mounted last September and that it's simple an acropora which is the f2 generation, meaning it's a product of fragging a frag of a wild colony. Would be interested to see if there is more to it.
Thanks for replying. That would make sense it's a 2nd generation, F2. I was wondering of the O3 666 meant something at the top right corner of the tag. I wish I knew what company it is based on the logo too.

Cambria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/21/2017, 03:56 PM   #4
Moort82
Registered Member

Again if I had to guess I would say that its coral frag number 666 and the o3 is a location like growout ocean table 3. I think these are more records for the company and how to track what they are growing and document it for quotas, rather than my benefit.
Would be happy to be proven wrong.

Moort82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/26/2017, 03:58 PM   #5
Sense of nature
Registered Member

I had a frag mounted exact same way w/ a identical tag ( different date) , It was labeled as a Bali aqua cultured in the LFS

Current Tank Info: 220 reef
Sense of nature is offline   Reply With Quote