Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/18/2017, 06:07 AM   #701
biggles
Registered Member

Are you going to scape it for three sided views Conor, having the ability to temporarily place pieces and look from all three sides along with great fiddling access will be something you'll really like i'm sure buddy

Unread 05/18/2017, 05:26 PM   #702
cFloor
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
Are you going to scape it for three sided views Conor, having the ability to temporarily place pieces and look from all three sides along with great fiddling access will be something you'll really like i'm sure buddy
Yea, I'm gonna scape it so you can view it from 3 sides. I'm going to be taking a page out of your book for this tank. I want a low lying scape and each rock will only have 1 or two acros on it. What I don't like about my current tank is how difficult it is to work on and certain areas of the tank are impossible to access. One of the things I love about how you have yours set up is how you can easily work on whatever you want, from cleaning sand, glass, or rockwork to fragging or moving corals with ease. This is something I definitely want to achieve on this new tank.

Instagram: @cfloorsaltwater
cFloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/24/2017, 11:36 PM   #703
cFloor
Registered Member

Unread 05/25/2017, 12:13 AM   #704
cFloor
Registered Member

Unread 05/25/2017, 03:37 AM   #705
kevlow
Registered Member

Thanks for the tank video and especially for the tour. Very educational. It shows that great results like yours come through preparation.

That is also a beautiful pic posted last. I an not a big fish guy but those are healthy and colorful. They add a sense of activity and life to your pic.

Good Luck with your transfer!

Kevin

kevlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/25/2017, 09:28 AM   #706
Usernam Invalid
Moved On

Awesome... everything looks so healthy

Usernam Invalid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/25/2017, 03:30 PM   #707
reefmutt
Registered Member

Connor, your tank is astonishing! As I've said many times. It fully deserves to be a tank of the month..
As far as I'm concerned it is one of the most impressive tanks I HAVE EVER SEEN.
The sheer size of the echinatas- not to mention the torts have to be some of the largest captive colonies in the frickin US!!
All with two part only.. just amazing.
You are a young reef god, my friend!
I will be very sad to see this tank go but I'm grateful to have watched this farewell video.
I wish you my sincerest good luck with the transfer!!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/25/2017, 05:25 PM   #708
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing it with us Conor. I wish you all the luck. I echo what Matt said above about TOTM.

Cheers

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [Bacto-Balance A-; Reef Actif; Nitribiotic; Iodine]
DiscusHeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/25/2017, 07:02 PM   #709
bgouges
Registered Member

Good luck mate! Hope all goes smoothly with the transfer

Current Tank Info: 800l SPS
bgouges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/26/2017, 12:11 AM   #710
watchguy123
Registered Member

Wow. Incredible colors and amazing colonies

watchguy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/27/2017, 06:51 PM   #711
cFloor
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlow View Post
Thanks for the tank video and especially for the tour. Very educational. It shows that great results like yours come through preparation.

That is also a beautiful pic posted last. I an not a big fish guy but those are healthy and colorful. They add a sense of activity and life to your pic.

Good Luck with your transfer!

Kevin
Thanks for checking out the vid Kevin! When I set up a new tank, I literally can't sleep at night thinking of how to prepare for it,
I always say that I'm a coral guy and not a fish guy, but it's time I'm honest with myself, haha. The combo of both, is what I'm drawn to. I really tried to have only a few fish in my new tank and already that hasn't happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usernam Invalid View Post
Awesome... everything looks so healthy
Thanks bud, I appreciate it and I'm looking forward to following along with your project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Connor, your tank is astonishing! As I've said many times. It fully deserves to be a tank of the month..
As far as I'm concerned it is one of the most impressive tanks I HAVE EVER SEEN.
The sheer size of the echinatas- not to mention the torts have to be some of the largest captive colonies in the frickin US!!
All with two part only.. just amazing.
You are a young reef god, my friend!
I will be very sad to see this tank go but I'm grateful to have watched this farewell video.
I wish you my sincerest good luck with the transfer!!
Matt, this comment means so much to me. Like yourself and many others on here, I'm obsessed with reef tanks. I'm constantly trying to improve on what I'm doing and I hope this new tank will achieve just that. I've moved all my corals over to it and sold off a bunch that wouldn't fit. Go figure, I've gone to a larger tank and couldn't get everything in there. So far, everything seems happy. But again, thank you for the very kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscusHeckel View Post
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing it with us Conor. I wish you all the luck. I echo what Matt said above about TOTM.

Cheers
Thanks you! I always felt this tank still had a long way to go but I was always happy with where it was at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgouges View Post
Good luck mate! Hope all goes smoothly with the transfer
Thanks bud, so far so good I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchguy123 View Post
Wow. Incredible colors and amazing colonies
Thanks! I feel the same about your corals and photography!

Unread 05/30/2017, 12:12 PM   #712
swk
Registered Member

Have you started a new tank thread Connor? I swear I'm going to make it over one of these months lol....

Let's try to touch base and see if you want anything from my tank before I end up coming by.

Current Tank Info: 75 gal SPS dominant reef. Geo calcium reactor with masterflex pump, Deltec 1455 skimmer, 2 mp40QD, mp10wes, lit by a 6x54 dimable ATI sunpower and controlled by Reef Angel
swk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2017, 10:59 AM   #713
cFloor
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swk View Post
Have you started a new tank thread Connor? I swear I'm going to make it over one of these months lol....

Let's try to touch base and see if you want anything from my tank before I end up coming by.
Hey, what's up! No I haven't started a new thread yet. I'll probably get some pics together and get it going in the next few days. Yes, please come by! Anytime bud.

Unread 05/31/2017, 10:21 PM   #714
Reefnub
Registered Member

Conor, forget meeting me at Neptune.
Would love to come see it in person one of these days.
Your tank is definitely one of the best in the Bay!

Unread 06/03/2017, 05:26 PM   #715
markalot

6 year old cali tort. Wow. It's so nice to hear of some of these longed lived corals and the fact you've managed to care for them so well. I'm honestly scared about the upgrade, I hope it goes well for you!

And I agree with Matt, this is a tank of the month. Extreme talent and patience to grow all those corals to that size. How the heck have you avoided accidentally breaking them.

Unread 06/03/2017, 08:59 PM   #716
cFloor
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefnub View Post
Conor, forget meeting me at Neptune.
Would love to come see it in person one of these days.
Your tank is definitely one of the best in the Bay!
Thanks! Please come by and check out the new tank anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by markalot View Post
6 year old cali tort. Wow. It's so nice to hear of some of these longed lived corals and the fact you've managed to care for them so well. I'm honestly scared about the upgrade, I hope it goes well for you!

And I agree with Matt, this is a tank of the month. Extreme talent and patience to grow all those corals to that size. How the heck have you avoided accidentally breaking them.
Thank you Mark, I appreciate it and I feel the same about your amazing tank! All my corals are in the new tank and so far so good. I've lost some color but that's to be expected. I don't think I'm outta the woods yet, but I'm happy with the transfer so far. And I accidentally break corals all the time!!! Pretty much every time I try to work on the tank. Hopefully that won't happen as much with the new tank, one of the reasons I wanted to move to a shallower peninsula.

Unread 06/04/2017, 01:13 AM   #717
cFloor
Registered Member

New tank:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2639451

Last edited by cFloor; 06/04/2017 at 01:20 AM.