Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/05/2020, 10:24 PM   #1
ahuaia
Registered Member

Pico ph

So I have a small 5 gallon pico I've been building. Its cycled and I have a new dottie back. Ever since my new fish went in my ph will drop super low every night it drops below a ph of 7.8 and I've done water changes and even dosed NaOH to artificial adjust the ph but I cant figure why its droping. No coral yet so my alkalinity shouldn't be changing and COČ should actually drop during the night because I open the window. Any ideas what to start looking at?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ahuaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/17/2020, 01:39 PM   #2
cody6766
Super Best Friends!

Don't chase pH, keep Ca, Alk, and Mg in line and you'll be fine. IME, in a nano, this is best done with small, regular water changes.

Current Tank Info: Cadlights 60G Arisan II mixed reef with 2x MP40s and 24" ATI
cody6766 is offline   Reply With Quote