Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/31/2015, 07:39 AM   #1
Duality
Registered Member

Tricks on adding new arrivals to your tank

So I'm just wondering what/how you responsible reefs add a new arrival to your aquarium. It could be how u add new fish, like an acclimation box or corals, by starting them off in the sand bed.
So I've used this method every time I've added a new tang to my tank. I'm currently at 6 tangs in my 300 gallon.

Here's the order of how they all went in
First to last the sohal, purple, blue, yellow, clown, and sailfin.
I call it my secret weapon against fighting tangs. I utilize the secret weapon for a week after the new arrival has been put in the tank and when I take it down the tangs all act like they've been together for years.
So here's my secret weapon. It's a full length mirror that I place on one side of the tank. The tangs get so wound up in there own reflection that they don't even see the new arrival and spend most of the day fighting them self that by the end of a week there burnt out and careless.
Well that's what I have noticed when ever I add a new tang.

Duality is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/31/2015, 08:08 AM   #2
itz frank
Gives Bad Advice.

Mirror Outside or inside the tank?

itz frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/31/2015, 08:29 AM   #3
Duality
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itz frank View Post
Mirror Outside or inside the tank?

Out side but right up against the tank.

Duality is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/01/2015, 04:59 AM   #4
FishN00b83
Registered Member

yeah mirrors work sometimes but it also stresses the hell out of every fish in the tank. I only use a mirror as a last resort.

Unread 09/03/2015, 06:16 AM   #5
lars65inc
Registered Member

I feed them pellets and nori till they all look like pigs! It's like thanksgiving and they are too fat and tired to chase each other around

If that doesn't work, I feed them again then black the tank out for 24 hrs (no food during the 24 hrs). Cover it with a heavy blanket so it's completely dark. They all find their own little hiding spot and go to sleep. They all wake up and usually are fine. I've had to repeat that one time when my flame angel and coral beauty wouldn't get along.

Eric

Unread 09/07/2015, 09:16 AM   #6
Skaters216
Registered Member

nice tank

Skaters216 is offline   Reply With Quote