Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/08/2011, 12:21 AM   #1
1$R
Moved On

Cool Ben's Nano Reef Tank (Jbj Nano Cube 24 Gal)

Hi!!!! My name is Ben and I'd like to introduce my reef tank to you guys as I will be adding new corals/fish/inverts every week or so. New pics will be uploaded every 2 weeks and a video of my reef tank as well.
As of now I have a Jbj Nano Cube 24 Gal with:
1. Duncans
2. Open Brain
3. Red Seafan
4. Pink Spotted Shrooms
5. Lunar Palys
6. Orange Yuma Ric
7. Green Bullseye
8. Plate Coral
9. Cleaner Shrimp
10. 2 Sand Snails/Snail
11. Sand star
Any comments, questions, advices, etc are welcome!!

You are welcome to watch my 1st youtube video of my nano reef tank :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx5rP...el_video_title

Will be uploading more soon!!! stay tuned...

1$R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/08/2011, 12:22 AM   #2
1$R
Moved On

Will be uploading more soon!!! stay tuned...

Unread 05/08/2011, 12:22 AM   #3
1$R
Moved On

Unread 05/08/2011, 11:37 AM   #4
JLopez
iNano

that sea fan is tight. looks good

what kind of fish are you planning to add

JLopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/08/2011, 12:07 PM   #5
1$R
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLopez View Post
that sea fan is tight. looks good

what kind of fish are you planning to add
thanks man, JLopez, I've actually just added some new fishes/1coral yesterday, and am about to post it later on today(six-line and a bangaii cardinal). I am planning on adding a baby maroon yellow stripe clown as well as a yellow watchman goby, but we'll see how it goes, I might change my mind depending on what I see in the store that's goodLike lol I wasn't expecting to buy a six-line yesterday but it looked soo beautiful at the store, so I bought it so yeah it really depends.

Unread 05/08/2011, 12:42 PM   #6
bwidner
Registered Member

You will need to target feed the star, a nano just cannot provide the food it will need. But its easy enough just place a peice of food and set the star on top of it. Tank looks good!

bwidner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/08/2011, 12:51 PM   #7
1$R
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwidner View Post
You will need to target feed the star, a nano just cannot provide the food it will need. But its easy enough just place a peice of food and set the star on top of it. Tank looks good!
hmm are you talking about my sand star? lol I've been having it in my tank for a yr already

Unread 05/08/2011, 08:40 PM   #8
1$R
Moved On

Yoooo Hi guys, welcome back again ladies and gentlemen again!! I've went to the sw shop today and there I saw some pretty nice corals/fish/inverts. However, my cash was limited to $100 so I've only bought 3 new things. It was very hard deciding whether to get the rose tip stripped anemone for $80 or the red/pink cynarina for $80. Since, I've never taken care of a red rose top stripped anemone(or any other anemones because I heard you have to direct feed it),I made my final decision on the pink/red cynarina. Definitely, there were other very nice stuff I saw today such as very nice color Yuma Rics(pink and orange), but they're running for $55 a head, and they were really small(1.5inch) on a nice rock(2.5 inches), or really big(2.5inches) on a really big rock(4-5inches) which were not the sizes I was looking for(I only look for 2-3inches yuma rics on 2-3inches rock). For example of a perfect yuma ric size I was looking for, is my orange yuma ric in my tank. As you can see, all my corals are about 2-3inches big.

The other 2 things I've bought were a six-line wrasse and a bangai cardinal, I saw a leopard potter's wrasse from hawaii today, but I didn't want to risk raising it in my tank. I also saw sunburst anthias, but didn't want to risk that either.

Here is a new update video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8ecP...el_video_title

Here are the new pics:

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions/questions!!!

Unread 05/10/2011, 01:02 PM   #9
1$R
Moved On

Got bad news, got in a little car accident, costing at around 2 grand, so won't be buying new corals for about 2 months, sucks I know

Unread 05/13/2011, 01:08 AM   #10
1$R
Moved On

Well as it turns out, I won't be able to get new corals for a while. This is due to a little car accident costing me $1500. Sad thing is, that person that I had to pay was my close friend's(an enemy now) uncle, my friend lied that it wasn't his responsibility for letting me drive his car when he knows I didn't have a permit/license, and it was my 1st time driving, so yeah he pretty much didn't have to pay any part of the damage fee to his uncle. He got this cheap, greedy of money, lying habit from his rich parents who didn't want to pay at all either.Sad story, just too sad for me and my mom. Sorry mother for having to put you through all this trouble. May god, jesus and buddha strike him to hell or hurt him in any way, karma such as him having to get sued, loss of worthwhile things.

Unread 05/13/2011, 04:37 AM   #11
grmoore
Registered Member

Dude, grow up, grow a pair and take responsibility for your own actions. Driving is a privledge, not a right.

Oh, and the tank is looking good.

grmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2011, 10:43 AM   #12
1$R
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmoore View Post
Dude, grow up, grow a pair and take responsibility for your own actions. Driving is a privledge, not a right.

thanks for the tank comment,
about the incident, yeah I know but it wasn't 100% my fault, he should of at least took partial guilt which he did not, I grew up with this kid since we were little, and yet he had no shame whatsoever, my mom would always feed him up at my house when we were little/take care of him/etc(his family didn't do anything for us), and yet he would'nt put any partial fee into this tiny accident, anyways all I can say is this situation needs to be told the whole story detailed for you to understand why I and my mom weren't happy with him and his really rich parents(my mom is poor btw), his parents even faked/acted out this dumb act(playing mind games) between their brother/sister(my friend's uncle/auntie) on us to get more money from us(because they were laughing after we paid them/etc), Anyways, all I can say is it was unfair and I will never ever make a bad friend(who got this attitude from his greedy,no-manner parents) like this again, learned my mistakes.

Unread 05/13/2011, 11:05 AM   #13
1$R
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmoore View Post

eh, i guess i could give you a bit more detail, it was night time at 9pm in local streets and I even asked if we could try in a large parking lot some other time during daytime, he insisted no, and the car is an old car(only worth $2100) toyota tacoma 1990 in bad condition, etc, we had an estimater from auto shop to see this car.

Unread 05/19/2011, 12:32 AM   #14
1$R
Moved On

Wow, so I was wondering why my orange/blue yuma ric wouldn't open to its fullest for the past week(all other corals were doing fine and healthy), and now it made me come to my senses and I realized it was in the process of splitting. This Yuma Ric was purchased a month ago at a size of 3inches in diameter, now slowly into 2 rics of 1.5 inch each.
HERE IS NEW PIC:

Please let me know what you guys think

Unread 05/24/2011, 01:49 AM   #15
1$R
Moved On

Found this hitchhiker couple months ago and finally had the chance to snap a shot of it.
Say hello to Mr.Krabs with red eyes..

Unread 05/26/2011, 05:05 PM   #16
1$R
Moved On

Finally, some new updates, I've had this blueberry gorgonian for about a week as well as the orange/yellow carnation? or is it tree coral? It resembles more of a tree coral to me because its stalk is multiple whereas for carnations, those have a single long stalk that is more see-through color.
Though there has been bad news, my 2 fishes died due to isopods....Because of that, I won't be getting fishes for a year.
Youtube video will be coming soon.

Unread 05/27/2011, 03:54 PM   #17
1$R
Moved On

Current Fts:

Unread 05/24/2012, 02:44 PM   #18
calistyle
Registered Member

wonderful looking tank.

Tags