Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/21/2006, 09:36 AM   #1
vanmo92
Registered Member

my new 72 gallon bowfront tank blog

Well some of you may remember the terrible thread about my 20 gallon FOWLR hair algae infested tank.

Well i just got a brand new 72 gallon bowfront. It was pre drilled with an overflow.

Inside the overflow (not best pic)

Heres what came with it to hook up to the overflow. I dont really like this system so i think that I am going to plug the 3/4" hole and not use any of the white tubes. and i will just run a return line up to the other end of the tank. This pic if the back of the tank showing the overflow. Sorry its sideways.

I need a skimmer. i want a good skimmer but i dont want to spend over 200 but preferably not to far iver 150. I was thinking ASM, aquaC, or coralife super skimmer. What do you guys recomend.

For the sump i have a 20 gallon rubbermaid. I want to do a refugium with all the equiptment in it. I mean i want a sump with a light over it where i can grow my chaeto and have the skimmer, heater,etc.

I will also have a uv sterilizer (already have it).

I do not plan on doing corals as i do not have the money for the corals of for the lights that they need.

I plan on getting more sand so there is 1- 2 1/2 of sand. I plan on getting some live rock but i want most of it to be base rock. and i will also move the (about) 50 lbs of rock from my current tank. I will only use RO/DI water since i have my own unit now. I am going to use instant ocean salt.

The fish I plan to have are the 5 that I already have which are
2: chromis, 2: ocelaric clowns, and 1: 6-line wrasse. I also plan on getting: 1:yellow tang, 1 or 2: tomato clown(s), 1 or 2: firefish,
1 or 2: neon goby(s), 1:sergeant major, MABY a royal gramma, and MABY a blue damsel.

I want to do this right. So i need your input.

Current Tank Info: 72 gallon bow Mixed Reef 1 fw tank
vanmo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/21/2006, 09:40 AM   #2
vanmo92
Registered Member

Heres a link to the skimmer i want

http://www.asmskimmer.com/catalog/pr...7bcce6b152cd1a

Current Tank Info: 72 gallon bow Mixed Reef 1 fw tank
vanmo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/21/2006, 10:42 AM   #3
vanmo92
Registered Member