Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Reef Breeders LEDs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/29/2017, 05:23 PM   #26
Sawdonkey
Registered Member

How's everyone liking these lights? I still haven't got mine connected to my LAN but still haven't tried very hard to do it.

The only downside it that I can't use lightning/clouds on demand with my two fixtures unless I program it in.

Sawdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2017, 07:04 PM   #27
mindi
Registered Member

Loving it...have hung mine on clear fluorocarbon from my tackle box, can only see the splitter tube at the top of the V on each end. I am also going to move mine forward of centre a little . Heaps of light...I cant give a tech evaluation, just estabnlishing a replacement tank so everything is changed..literally...so I wont see any coral growth for a while

Current Tank Info: Cade PR1500 with Seachem Kona Coast and Sanrise 120 LED
mindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2017, 08:08 PM   #28
Sawdonkey
Registered Member

Sanrise 120

My tank has been acting weird for months, so I'm hoping these lights help turn things around in general.

Here's my schedule. (I also run to coral + T5 bulbs between 4-9 pm)

Old 05/02/2017, 06:52 AM   #29
richiero
Registered Member

Reefbreeders contacted me the other day and said there will be an app update coming out that will allow you to control your light from remote locations. They will be testing first on their nano light.

richiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2017, 02:19 PM   #30
PAXpress
Registered Member

I've had mine for almost a year now and not sure I like my program. Downloaded the excel sheet that was posted in this thread towards the beginning. I'll try that out. How high above the water surface do you guys mount the light? My current tank is a 75g mixed reef.

Old 05/18/2017, 06:37 PM   #31
mindi
Registered Member

Sanrise programming

I dont really have a clue about my program...I have just taken their LPS program and added a bit more blue and a bit less white. Looks good to me but the corals haven't commented...so I dont have any idea what I am doing.

Old 05/19/2017, 03:45 AM   #32
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAXpress View Post
I've had mine for almost a year now and not sure I like my program. Downloaded the excel sheet that was posted in this thread towards the beginning. I'll try that out. How high above the water surface do you guys mount the light? My current tank is a 75g mixed reef.
You aren't sure if you like the program you are using?

What about it don't you like?
You know you can change it, right?
I set my Photon V2 on the tall side of the legs that come with it, so it's between 10" and 12" off the water. What yo want to do is set the fixture at the point above the tank that you cover the entire tank (inside) with light and minimize the spill of light outside the tank. Height above the water isn't an issue to how bright things are like it was 6 or 7 years ago before led fixtures came with dimmers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindi View Post
I dont really have a clue about my program...I have just taken their LPS program and added a bit more blue and a bit less white. Looks good to me but the corals haven't commented...so I dont have any idea what I am doing.
You've probably started at a good place. Especially if your corals are doing OK. Two questions, 1) Do you know the power levels of the 2 blue channels, the violet channel and the white channel? 2) How long is you light at those levels?

Do you have a link to the LPS program settings you are using?

Old 05/19/2017, 04:55 PM   #33
mindi
Registered Member

Ron....This is what I am doing in consultation with Logan...cant show you the schemes embedded in the Sanrise App without overwriting this...just download the app.?

John

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2017-05-20-08-48-46.jpg (40.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2017-05-20-08-52-06.jpg (41.9 KB, 11 views)

Old 05/20/2017, 05:34 AM   #34
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

mindi, IMHO your lights are on at high enough levels for long enough to have good healthy coral and good growth. As long as you don't have any issues with nuisance algae, the red and the white channels are OK. Personally, I don't use the red at all and I use a little less white. But that's more about personal taste and ascetics than concern for coral. And I do run on the edge of having some algae issues.

Old 05/20/2017, 11:31 AM   #35
Sawdonkey
Registered Member

So, is anyone controlling two of these over their LAN? I still can't figure out why my lights won't connect to my LAN and I've given up. It's a real pain to make adjustments because I have to connect to each light's wifi signal, make the adjustment, and then do the same to the other fixture. I cannot get them to work together. Really annoying.

Old 05/23/2017, 09:34 PM   #36
Reef_Breeders
Sponsor

Please send me a PM or email- there is a step by step guide in the app and instructions.

One thing that tripped me up- you need to back all the way out to the main menu BEFORE you search for the lights in the app. They only sync when you are on the main screen, because the app will actually control the screen on the light, and it needs to starting point to be the same on each light in order to do so.

Reef Breeders LLC
Reef_Breeders is offline   Reply With Quote