Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tampa Bay Saltwater
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/27/2015, 08:05 AM   #1
hitdwight
Registered Member

Talking Great Experience with Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock

After extensive online research, I decided to follow the general consensus and purchase live rock for my FOWLR from Tampa Bay Saltwater (TBS). Richard (the head cook and bottle washer at TBS) responded promptly to my original inquiry. As a newbie I not only needed product, I needed information, advice and direction - all which Richard provided generously. It was truly a personal customer service experience from beginning to end.

Curiously, the rock was not readily available when I placed my order. Amazingly, it that was because he was going to 'dive' to get my custom order once the weather cleared in Florida. ! I do not know much about the industry but I suspect most places would have the rock stored in some type of industrial complex. My rock was hand picked with consideration of my setup and needs...Oh did I mention that he did not try to 'upsell' me. I have a 150 gal tank and the recommended order is 2 lbs/gal or 300 lbs. At the time my inquiry, I had dry corals in my tank that I wanted to incorporate with the LR. Rich recommended we start with 150 lbs of LR - this guy is definitely a throw back. TBS is the mom and pop corner hardware store to today's big box stores.

We got the order done, he dove and set up the delivery for a time that I requested. He followed the delivery and gave email updates. I had all of the information I needed regarding the Newark International pick up. Because of the weather in the Northeast, the package was delayed. He did not stop contact until I had my order....then....I unpacked the order and noticed that he added items to it as a courtesy..then he advised on setup. Then he advised on acclamation...then he quickly and patiently responded to the many questions I had the following day.

Then I told him that I was going to make my experience audible. Here it is and here are the before and after pictures.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image2.jpg (48.1 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg image4.jpg (54.4 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00307.jpg (60.3 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00301.jpg (72.5 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00305.jpg (66.2 KB, 127 views)
hitdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/14/2015, 09:09 AM   #2
Elite_Corals
Registered Member

Nice set up

Tags
experience, fowler tank, live rock, tampa bay saltwater, vendor