Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/02/2018, 03:16 PM   #4001
ccallahan
Registered Member

ATI Schedule/Settings

Guys,
I am looking for ATI schedule/settings that would work best for my set up. I jumped back in the hobby after a long absence. I currently run my fixture at 90%-100% from 10am to 10pm. Only coral in the tank is a neon green candy cane which has been in since Saturday(29th). I wanting to be able to have soft and hard corals. Just want to make sure i start off on the right track. Appreciate any help!!! Tank specs are below.

Crystaline 48"x24"x21" w/external OF
Trigger sump
Crystalline stand
Ecotech Vectra L1 Return Pump
2 - Ecotech MP40QD
Simplicity 240DC Skimmer
Neptune Apex
Neptune Atk ATO
48" 3x75W LED & 8x54W T5 LED-Powermodule
ATI 48" 54W Bulbs
BRS Dual Media Reactor w/Pump
Trigger ATO 10g
Miracle Mud 15 lb
Kessil A80 Fuge Lite w/mount arm
Tropic Eden 30lb
Real Reef Rock

ccallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2018, 03:49 PM   #4002
ccallahan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccallahan View Post
Guys,
I am looking for ATI schedule/settings that would work best for my set up. I jumped back in the hobby after a long absence. I currently run my fixture at 90%-100% from 10am to 10pm. Only coral in the tank is a neon green candy cane which has been in since Saturday(29th). I wanting to be able to have soft and hard corals. Just want to make sure i start off on the right track. Appreciate any help!!! Tank specs are below.

Crystaline 48"x24"x21" w/external OF
Trigger sump
Crystalline stand
Ecotech Vectra L1 Return Pump
2 - Ecotech MP40QD
Simplicity 240DC Skimmer
Neptune Apex
Neptune Atk ATO
48" 3x75W LED & 8x54W T5 LED-Powermodule - 14 inches above Tank
ATI 48" 54W Bulbs
BRS Dual Media Reactor w/Pump
Trigger ATO 10g
Miracle Mud 15 lb
Kessil A80 Fuge Lite w/mount arm
Tropic Eden 30lb
Real Reef Rock

ccallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2018, 05:44 PM   #4003
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

ATI Powermodule Hybrid Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchanello View Post
Having an issue with my 80 watt wifi powermodule. Will turn on, can log in, no lights. Started when I removed the cable from the controller unit last night. Tried the factory reset and still no good.

I'm in Australia so tried to log a ticket with ATI (Europe). Basically their online help is non-existent. Won't even allow me to submit. Getting pretty worried. Unit is only 8 months old.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pm @Keith@ ATI NA I’m quite sure he can get you pointing in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orcus Varuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2018, 10:37 AM   #4004
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus Varuna View Post
Pm @Keith@ ATI NA I’m quite sure he can get you pointing in the right direction

The 80w dimmable Powermodule in Australia is not a fixture we offer since we are on 120v so I am not sure how much help I can offer. I have never heard of this happening and is likely due to the cord being unplugged.

Do not ever unplug the fixture from the control box while they are powered up on any generation fixture.

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/06/2018, 03:23 PM   #4005
eviltwin52s
Registered Member

I'm thinking about purchasing the 48" 8 bulb Hybrid wifi powermodule. I must be overlooking the overall dimensions of the light housing on the ATI America site.
Can someone provide to me the outside to outside dimensions of the 48" 8 bulb fixture?

I would be running this in an open top canopy. Been reading that it is a PAR monster. So do others run their light much higher over the tank vs. 6-8" like other T5 kits?

Thanks in advance for the insight.

eviltwin52s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/06/2018, 06:04 PM   #4006
Jay Ellul
Registered Member

After a few years of using a powermodul I have finally found my perfect bulb combo!!!

For anyone interested back to front:

C+
B+
ABS
B+
LED set to b+ 100%
ABS
B+
C+
B+

Unread 10/08/2018, 10:44 AM   #4007
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin52s View Post
I'm thinking about purchasing the 48" 8 bulb Hybrid wifi powermodule. I must be overlooking the overall dimensions of the light housing on the ATI America site.
Can someone provide to me the outside to outside dimensions of the 48" 8 bulb fixture?

I would be running this in an open top canopy. Been reading that it is a PAR monster. So do others run their light much higher over the tank vs. 6-8" like other T5 kits?

Thanks in advance for the insight.
46.2" x 20.4" x 2.4" (L x W x H)

Unread 10/11/2018, 05:09 AM   #4008
blackizzz
Registered Member

Hi Keith,

Is there anywhere you know of where PAR output measurements are available for the 4x24w LED hybrid?
Been trying to figure out what kind of PAR I'm getting over my tank, but without a par meter it's kind of guess work whether my acros are getting blasted with light or not.

Thanks

Unread 10/11/2018, 10:56 AM   #4009
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackizzz View Post
Hi Keith,

Is there anywhere you know of where PAR output measurements are available for the 4x24w LED hybrid?
Been trying to figure out what kind of PAR I'm getting over my tank, but without a par meter it's kind of guess work whether my acros are getting blasted with light or not.

Thanks
Sorry I dont have par data, how big is your tank?

Unread 10/11/2018, 11:04 AM   #4010
blackizzz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@ ATI NA View Post
Sorry I dont have par data, how big is your tank?
It's a shallow SPS tank. 30x20x14.

Currently I'm running T5 (2b+ 1 purple+ 1 Coral+) on 100%. Leds are as most on 50%. (Had them on 65% before)
Light is around 10" above surface.

Unread 10/11/2018, 11:22 AM   #4011
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

I can’t imagine you wouldn’t have plenty of light. If the corals look good I wouldn’t sweat it.

Unread 10/11/2018, 11:25 AM   #4012
blackizzz
Registered Member

Quote:
I can’t imagine you wouldn’t have plenty of light. If the corals look good I wouldn’t sweat it.
Actually worried there might be too much light, a few acros are a bit on the pale side, but thanks I'll let it be and see if I can get ahold of a PAR meter for some accurate readings

Unread 10/20/2018, 09:37 AM   #4013
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

@Keith@ ATI NA can I remove the power cord from the side of the fixture. I don’t see anything saying you can’t but I’m also not seeing anything say you can either. Thanks

Unread 10/22/2018, 09:10 AM   #4014
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
@Keith@ ATI NA can I remove the power cord from the side of the fixture. I don’t see anything saying you can’t but I’m also not seeing anything say you can either. Thanks

I am not sure what you mean by remove the power cord. You can certainly spin the whole fixture 180 degrees and have the cord on the right, there is no "front" of the fixture. You cannot however move the cord somewhere else, there are 28 (going from memory) wires inside that cord, it would be extremely difficult to rewire.

Unread 10/22/2018, 09:32 AM   #4015
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
I am not sure what you mean by remove the power cord. You can certainly spin the whole fixture 180 degrees and have the cord on the right, there is no "front" of the fixture. You cannot however move the cord somewhere else, there are 28 (going from memory) wires inside that cord, it would be extremely difficult to rewire.

Where the power cord meets the fixture it came attached but appears screwed on. I want to place the light in a canopy I’m making and being able to unscrew the cord from the fixture would change the design of the canopy. Don’t worry it will be very well ventilated lol

Unread 10/22/2018, 10:37 AM   #4016
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Where the power cord meets the fixture it came attached but appears screwed on. I want to place the light in a canopy I’m making and being able to unscrew the cord from the fixture would change the design of the canopy. Don’t worry it will be very well ventilated lol

The cord is hard wired into the fixture, it is not a plug that can be removed. What you are seeing is the strain relief so the cord is protected from the edges of the aluminum end plate. If you attempted to loosen it you would discover all the wires travel into the fixture.

Unread 10/22/2018, 10:39 AM   #4017
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

ATI Powermodule Hybrid Club

Quote:
The cord is hard wired into the fixture, it is not a plug that can be removed. What you are seeing is the strain relief so the cord is protected from the edges of the aluminum end plate. If you attempted to loosen it you would discover all the wires travel into the fixture.

Ah got it... I will design the canopy accordingly. Thanks Keith

Unread 10/23/2018, 09:02 PM   #4018
Flagswipe
Registered Member

Earlier someone in this thread said they had added Reefbrite XHO to their Hybrid
I just had a new 60" x 8 bulb hybrid wifi fixture today to replace my current 60" Powermodule with 60" reefbrite
The number one reason I upgraded was to be able to ditch the Reefbrite XHO as its ugly as sin sitting on the beautiful fixture and above my ELos 150 XL.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I was really hoping to only have the fixture hanging and not have to add a secondary light source

My Powermodule is 8-10 years old and I thought it was time for an upgrade

I grow SPS with a few softies on the sand and am excited to get this new unit hanging
I did have a 24" over my Elos 50 but it was not so great, the LEDs rusted and stopped working entirely but of course the T5 worked flawlessly. Ive been an ATI guy for a long time, I even have their Cone skimmer !

Current Tank Info: 135 Mixed reef with lots of fish
Flagswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/25/2018, 05:08 PM   #4019
JWClark
Registered Member

Anyone know how to set the T5s to "manual" to burn in? NOT via the computer interface.

Got my new unit--non-wifi--up and running and just put the tubes in. I found a cheat Sheet on how to program using the brick from a UK website (I have Macs so am using the buttons to program) but, when it comes to the T5 channels, it warns to run in "manual" to burn in the bulbs before implementing the dimming function. However, they don't state how to do this and I don't see the option anywhere.

Right now, I just set it to run at 255 for 4 hrs and set a program point a minute before and after at 000. Is this sufficient? Figure if it dims it will be a quick dim (60 secs).

Current Tank Info: Reefer 450 seed tank for the retirement 315gal Reef Savvy build.
JWClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/01/2018, 12:41 AM   #4020
jjencek
Registered Member

I am looking into buying the ATI 48" wifi powermodule. I have the RS reefer 350 - so about 70 gal tank. According to the ATI website, the 4xT5 should be enough power, but ....

I noticed most of you seem to be using the 8 x T5 versions. The price difference between the 4 x and 8 x is not much. Could I buy the 8 x, but use only four or six T5s if needed? Would that work?

Anybody can come up with a reason why I should not do it?

jjencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/07/2018, 12:46 PM   #4021
BeanMachine
Registered Member

Does anyone know which lamps are connected to which ballasts in the fixture? I'm not sure which generation my light is. Maybe @Keith@ ATI NA ?

Channel 1 as far as I can tell is lamps- 1,2,7 & 8.

Channel 2 is- 3,4,5, & 6.

5 and 6 are not working. I'm wondering which lamps are connected to which ballast. Are there four ballasts inside the fixture. 2 lamps on each ballast?

Unread 11/07/2018, 01:38 PM   #4022
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanMachine View Post
Does anyone know which lamps are connected to which ballasts in the fixture? I'm not sure which generation my light is. Maybe @Keith@ ATI NA ?

Channel 1 as far as I can tell is lamps- 1,2,7 & 8.

Channel 2 is- 3,4,5, & 6.

5 and 6 are not working. I'm wondering which lamps are connected to which ballast. Are there four ballasts inside the fixture. 2 lamps on each ballast?
Each ballast does indeed run 2 bulbs. It should be between reflectors 5&6 but I would mark the end caps in question with some masking tape or similar so when you bring the light down to review it you don't get mixed up with 3&4. Your best bet is to follow the wires back to the ballast, to ensure you replace the proper one.

While this video is for the T5 only Powermodule, the process is the same. Also, while not stated be sure you remove the cover on the ballast so it can fit just like the one you pull out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qABYQiRLO6k&t

Unread 11/07/2018, 01:51 PM   #4023
BeanMachine
Registered Member

Quote:
Each ballast does indeed run 2 bulbs. It should be between reflectors 5&6 but I would mark the end caps in question with some masking tape or similar so when you bring the light down to review it you don't get mixed up with 3&4. Your best bet is to follow the wires back to the ballast, to ensure you replace the proper one.

While this video is for the T5 only Powermodule, the process is the same. Also, while not stated be sure you remove the cover on the ballast so it can fit just like the one you pull out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qABYQiRLO6k&t
Thanks for that. I will double check its not the lamps first then go from there.

Unread 11/26/2018, 04:13 PM   #4024
BeanMachine
Registered Member

@Keith@ ATI NA

I am missing the screws for the shield so I ordered this.

https://store.atinorthamerica.com/co...nt=33285696961

I received just one screw and a female threaded piece that I didn't need. Are both screws the same for each end of the shield? Should I have ordered two packages?

Last edited by BeanMachine; 11/26/2018 at 04:39 PM.
BeanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/26/2018, 04:34 PM   #4025
BeanMachine
Registered Member

Sorry I have one more question. I cannot find the cord to connect the controller to my computer. Can I order that from the ATI website?

I manually programmed the LEDS and I think I'm happy with it for the most part.

I have the 60" … not sure either Gen 1 or Gen 2. I don't believe these T5s dim. If I want Channel 1 to be on from 2pm to 730pm, would this be how you would program?

1400- 0 , 1600- 255, 1930- 0 ?

It seems that as soon as the controller goes to say- 1 or above. The T5s come on.

I guess I could set the first time point a minute before? So say 1559- 0, then 1600- 255? Then 1930- 0?

Does that make sense? Does it matter which way? Thanks!