Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/02/2016, 09:13 AM   #1
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

Auto feeder

Has there been any updates or changes to the AFS? In regards to the lid issue and dumping food?

Unread 05/03/2016, 08:28 AM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

There is no lid issue. The issue with them falling off is a user issue. I've had the AFS since it was released and never once have I had an issue removing the drum and my AFS is in a precarious spot too. You just need to be cognizant of the lid when you remove the drum and grasp the whole drum assembly and not just the lid.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/03/2016, 01:33 PM   #3
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

That is good to hear, thank you.

Unread 05/07/2016, 11:39 AM   #4
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

Got the feeder on Thursday, everything mounted and programmed. Works great, easy to use, and shouldn't have any issues...thanks again.

Unread 05/07/2016, 06:14 PM   #5
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullBoreReefer View Post
Got the feeder on Thursday, everything mounted and programmed. Works great, easy to use, and shouldn't have any issues...thanks again.
Great to hear. I think you will really appreciate having it. I know I do as do my fish. It's simple to program and I love the fact that I can hit a feed button and feed the fish on the spot or remotely when I'm traveling.

The issue with the lids coming off is much to do about nothing. I am sure you can see how people who are careless would have that issue but if you know the feeder and pay even a little bit of attention when removing the drum, you will find it's a non issue. Like I said before, I've had it since it was first released and despite mine being in a precarious location, I've never once even come close to spilling the food when removing the drum.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 05/07/2016 at 06:24 PM.
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2016, 09:02 PM   #6
dentnshell
Registered Member

I had one of the first ones, Pre-Order. I have dumped some food, before I learned that you MUST pull the container straight out. I have not dumped anything in over a year.

I like the unit so much (other than noise) I just ordered my second one. One for each side of the tank and different sized pellets. I use NLS 0.5mm in one and NLS 1.0mm pellets in the other.

My second unit is noticeably quieter than the original. I don't know if my original was abnormally loud ( I thought it was and posted a youtube video about it ) or my new one is quieter.

Whatever the case. The both work great and I am very happy with them.

Current Tank Info: DSA rimless 105
dentnshell is offline   Reply With Quote