Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/23/2020, 07:56 PM   #1
Valerie1064
Registered Member

My Nem and clowns

My anemone was attacked in my 75 gal tank by a camel shrimp, in that tank I housed 2 camel shrimp, 2 clowns (one designer and one ocellar), 2 blue velvet damsels and some hermit crabs. My clowns never took to the GBTA (about 3-4 weeks in), I was fine with them finding it on their own or whatever. I have since moved my anemone to our larger 180 gal tank with a pair of darwin clowns who have not left the anemone's side. They have not started to take to it but are always right there by it. I understand that many types of clowns don't always accept btas as hosts but I believe once our GBTA's stress level is down that these will. What are your thoughts on how to encourage this to happen? Should I just wait it out as the clowns are staying very close to the nem or post a pic showing them she is safe for them?

Valerie1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/23/2020, 08:21 PM   #2
WatDatThing
Registered Member

My black and white clowns wouldn't go near the BTA. After years, I added a ritteri and a gig. They love both. My maroon on the other hand, loves the BTA. There are man posts that list which clown like which anemone. Now, my LFS train the clown and BTA by putting them in a strawberry basket. Not sure it that work though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WatDatThing is offline   Reply With Quote