Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Central Illinois Marine Aquarists (CIMA)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/11/2006, 11:48 PM   #1
epon
Registered Member

Thinning the Herd

Time to make some room. In addition to frags of the sps you see in the pics, 3 small rbta clones are up for grabs. They are the type that stay small and split before getting much larger than a tea saucer. $80 each, preference given to local buyers.

There's also other sps available and I can add pics based on interest.

These pics are for reference only, actual animals are clones and smaller. I can also add pics of them if necessary.

Thanks for looking.

epon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/12/2006, 12:33 AM   #2
Freed
It's what it's

Is your clam happy being vertical like that in the first pic?

Current Tank Info: 180gal(1120 watts of MH/VHO light), 60gal "sump", Deltec 601 calcium reactor, Euro Reef CS8-3+ skimmer, 20 gallon QT
Freed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/12/2006, 12:34 AM   #3
epon
Registered Member

The pic was from a while ago, I think he eventually jumped.

Unread 11/12/2006, 03:02 AM   #4
scottflanagan
Registered Member

rbta is an anemone right? if so what type of light set up do you have? i have 4 24" vho's in a 40 breeder. i'm not sure if that is suficent. i have been looking for a small loweer wattage metal halide that i could put in a corner as a spot to a. confine the anemony and b. save on power. so far i have had no luck finding what i'm looking for because i only have 4.5" of clearance in my hood.

scottflanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/12/2006, 03:11 AM   #5
Lothar
Premium Member

If you decide to ship, let me know what it would cost to send a rbta to 95405.
Thanks

Current Tank Info: 75g
Lothar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/12/2006, 09:56 AM   #6
epon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scottflanagan
rbta is an anemone right? if so what type of light set up do you have? i have 4 24" vho's in a 40 breeder. i'm not sure if that is suficent.
Yes, stands for rose bubble tip anemone.
I'm running 2 x 175w 20k and 4 x 4' vho. As long as the bulbs were fresh and the anenome was placed near the top of the tank I'm guessing it would do fine.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lothar
If you decide to ship, let me know what it would cost to send a rbta to 95405.
Thanks
Ok, still going to wait for local sales at this point. I'm guessing around $50 for overnight.

Unread 11/12/2006, 12:33 PM   #7
scottflanagan
Registered Member

i have had my tank set up for 4 weeks now.
It's a 40 with about 20 lbs of live rock that i bought from inland and 6" of sand(not live) i also added like 20 lbs of sand stone(not cultured) i have been able to suport 3 cromis snails hermits a mushroom and some button polops. i have a leather that is not looking too good in there and i already pulled a monapora and a frog spawn out to store in my roomates established tank.
What does an anemony need to sustain life?
Can it live in such an imature tank?
The reason i thought i needed to find some metal halide is because salfin keeps anemonys in their tank under vho and it seams their health is always on a slow decline till they leave the tank. mabey there lacking some trace nutrients?
I do however want to get an anemony established soon before i start to realy lay out the reef work because i want to know were it will take residence so it doesn't profanity removed with any coral.

Last edited by BrianD; 11/12/2006 at 02:02 PM.
Unread 11/12/2006, 05:52 PM   #8
epon
Registered Member

I'd wait a few months atleast to get things settled out. I'd try and get water change water from someone like david lee or another established tank to speed up the process. I think sailfin just needs enough light over their stuff to sell it and arent providing conditions for long term care. rbtas are known to do well under lower lighting, not all anemones are that way.

I dont directly feed mine, they get good light and water flow and catch some flake and cyclopeeze here and there. An occasional blast of flake wouldnt hurt but for the most part when you have vho, t5, or mh they will live off the light.

hth

Unread 11/12/2006, 10:03 PM   #9
scottflanagan
Registered Member

cool thanks for the detailed responce.
i'll probably be contacting you next semester, i'm sure they'll keep dividing