Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/08/2021, 09:15 AM   #1
jfbhd4
Registered Member

Large tank Design Midwest

I am looking to put a 3-400 gal tank in my office. I live in St. Louis, hoping to find someone in the midwest that has designed alot of these systems so that i can do it once and do it right.

If anyone has any suggestions please link me. I know there are people locally, but i dont know if they are any good.

I presume i can find someone local to do the upkeep, but am not afraid to fly someone in to do the design/setup if necessary.

Thanks!

Current Tank Info: None currently
jfbhd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2021, 08:04 AM   #2
wtac
Registered Member

Google-fu-ed and found a few aquarium desgn/build/management companies in your area.

Being one that has retired from the business, my suggestion to you is to ask them for photos of their portfolio, references and understanding these interesting times, a visit to a few of these past projects and a conversation with the owner of those systems.

With the above you and the company must "click" with each other to work towards your vision of the system as well as ideas to streamline the maintenance and accessibility not only to make the work safe, efficient and easy. The extra you spend on the overall design for the aforementioned basic parameters will help ensure that what needs to be done regularly is done as its just the basic human condition...if its easy, it'll be done.

wtac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/28/2021, 06:21 PM   #3
biecacka
Registered Member

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=414

Here is a local group for you. Nanook has had some large amazing tanks....(Hi Dave )

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote