Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/07/2019, 10:43 AM   #1
wrxreefer823
Registered Member

Considering a 210 build

Hey all, so a dude on a local Facebook page has a 210 reef ready w/stand for sale for $300 bucks, QUITE the steal! It couldn't come at a better time as we've just built a house and we close in less than a month, and I got a sizable year end bonus from work so the wife gave me the green light to get the tank (not realizing what she just said yes to). The stand looks to be in decent shape as does the tank, I think I'll probably tank my time on this build, sand down the white paint on the stand and restain it to match the woodwork in the house and piece together a good system. Let's get down to the nitty gritty:

First; a LFS just started carrying a new line of tank called Pro Clear, they have a rimless 110 w/stand, sump, plumbing and an okay LED light (probably good for softies) for 1300 or so. I'm tempted to just get this instead because I LOVE the rimless look as opposed to having a big ugly rim to look at, also its not used so any variable that comes with a used tank is out of the question. That being said, I'd still need to source a few items. Skimmer, GOOD lights, powerhead, return pump being the main few.

IF I go with the 210, here's a few of my concerns;

Lighting: I'm a self proclaimed Ecotech fanboy. I'd most likely go with a set of three Radions (I'd consider AI, but so far I'm not too pleased with my AI Prime HD on my 20x20x20 cube). Would the Radion be able to penetrate a 30 inch deep tank? I plan on doing mainly SPS and LPS.

Flow: I've never used anything bigger than a MP10, would two MP40's be better than a MP60? I know the MP40 is rated for up to 500 gallons and two of them would literally be the same price as a single MP40. I'm also very interested in the AI Nero 5, the lfs has one on their Red Sea XXL and it seems to be a good product, just not a fan of the sloppy cord in tank set up.

Has anyone had any experience with Pro Clear? From just looking at the tank at the store, it seems to be very well made. Dare I say they may be come competition for Red Sea and their reefer tanks (except the lighting). As I type this I'm also thinking about just going all in on a Red Sea reefer too. TOO MANY OPTIONS!

Current Tank Info: Currently setting up a Red Sea 625 XXL
wrxreefer823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/16/2019, 10:59 AM   #2
jefra
Registered Member

I just bought this same tank myself. Waiting for delivery so can't tell you too much about it. PMed you some more info I have.

jefra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2019, 06:53 AM   #3
wrxreefer823
Registered Member

I sent you a PM

wrxreefer823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2019, 01:05 PM   #4
wrxreefer823
Registered Member

Mods please close