Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself > The R3CA Project
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/06/2013, 01:30 PM   #1
poos1
Registered Member

Temperature Measuring

I am doing a project to measure the temperature of my tank using a thermistor and Arduino. Please anyone suggests me a good circuit for interfacing the thermistor with the Arduino analog input.

poos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2013, 11:01 AM   #2
Jodah
Registered Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DS18B20-...item43ba820050

These work well, are cheap, and you can run multiples off the same pin on the arduino. Each has a unique serial address that allows this. There are plenty of sketches online that can show you how to use them.

If I remember correctly, you only need 1 4.7k ohm resister for the circuit even when you use multiple sensors. I'll post some links after the Nascar race. :-)

ninja edit: race doesn't start for another half-hour, so here is a simple tutorial on using the ds18b20 temp sensor. http://www.hacktronics.com/Tutorials...-tutorial.html

Last edited by Jodah; 04/07/2013 at 11:09 AM.
Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote