Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/15/2017, 02:02 PM   #26
thaitopher
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Darilek View Post
I feed the tank once a day (trying to keep my phosphates down). The initial aquascaping was done prior to water being added, but I've changed it enough to say that it's been redone with water in there. The rocks are secured in place with putty, which seems to be working really well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Its good to hear that you have had success with your flame angel and only having to feed it once a day. Where do you buy your seaweed and do you simply hang it on the side of the glass?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

thaitopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/15/2017, 02:39 PM   #27
thaitopher
Registered Member

Quote:
I feed the tank once a day (trying to keep my phosphates down). The initial aquascaping was done prior to water being added, but I've changed it enough to say that it's been redone with water in there. The rocks are secured in place with putty, which seems to be working really well.

Adding Caulerpa did miracles for reducing my phosphates. Does your tank have a big enough sump in the back to add?

Unread 07/15/2017, 10:27 PM   #28
Ryan Darilek
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaitopher View Post
Adding Caulerpa did miracles for reducing my phosphates. Does your tank have a big enough sump in the back to add?

Yeah it was a bit of a gamble, but I'm glad that it's worked out! Here's a photo of the seaweed I use. I get it from my LFS but I know it's online as well ... And yes, I have it on the glass on a clip I really wanted to add a fuge in the back because there is a lot of room, but the guys at my LFS said it would be a waste/not worth it for this small of a tank so I went with a Phosguard bag instead and it seems to be working pretty well. Hope things are going well with your transfer!

Ryan Darilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/15/2017, 10:43 PM   #29
thaitopher
Registered Member

Quote:
Yeah it was a bit of a gamble, but I'm glad that it's worked out! Here's a photo of the seaweed I use. I get it from my LFS but I know it's online as well ... And yes, I have it on the glass on a clip I really wanted to add a fuge in the back because there is a lot of room, but the guys at my LFS said it would be a waste/not worth it for this small of a tank so I went with a Phosguard bag instead and it seems to be working pretty well. Hope things are going well with your transfer!

I have phosguard in a media bag too. Not sure how well it is really working. Will probably eventually convert to a reactor when I get the money

Unread 07/18/2017, 09:09 AM   #30
imjdoggie
Registered Member

Very nice looking tank great job on the rock placement but as others have said beware of that Angel. In my opinion its only a matter of time before he finds those zoa's or something else he likes in there..................

imjdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/21/2017, 01:53 PM   #31
Pelagic_e36
Registered Member

Does your flame angel poop a lot? Ever since I got my coral beauty it poops like crazy human shaped poops that roll around on my sandbed, sometimes multiple logs at a time. Just curious if this is with all dwarf angels... cause the coral beauty is the only one I've had.

Current Tank Info: 55 Gallon mixed reef, Eshopps Overflow, Diy Sump
Pelagic_e36 is offline   Reply With Quote