Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 08/27/2014, 06:10 PM   #1
NYfishies
Registered Member

MACNA Sales

So, we have to pay $16.25 in shipping to get the AFS? What kind of promo is that?! Am I understanding this correctly?

Unread 08/27/2014, 08:39 PM   #2
kurt_n
Registered Member

What kind of promo is that?

Let's see... you're getting something that normally costs $100 (plus shipping) for $16.25.

Yeah. What a rip off.

(From what I understand, this is only if you purchase a Apex "Gold" package during the appropriate time period. So if you're shelling out the $$$$ for a Gold package, really... what's another $16.25 for $100 worth of product?)

Unread 08/28/2014, 08:36 AM   #3
NYfishies
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt_n View Post
What kind of promo is that?

Let's see... you're getting something that normally costs $100 (plus shipping) for $16.25.

Yeah. What a rip off.

(From what I understand, this is only if you purchase a Apex "Gold" package during the appropriate time period. So if you're shelling out the $$$$ for a Gold package, really... what's another $16.25 for $100 worth of product?)
Thanks for your worthless reply. I don't like throwing away my money for ridiculous charges - you on the other hand might not care. Who in their right mind would pay $16.25 to ship a half pound piece of plastic that is supposed to be free? Charging that on a Promo which is designed to to move a product (the AFS) that has failed to sell is silly.

I agree that the price of the Gold package is very high, but that is beside the point. You failing to recognize the fact that it costs that $800 to earn the ability to buy the AFS for $16.25 is your ignorance as a consumer.

I bought my EHIEM auto feeder for $26. Neptune AFS a bit overpriced - yes?

I hope that somebody from Neptune responds. Thanks.

Unread 08/28/2014, 09:04 AM   #4
aquamanic
WHO DAT??

NY you should be ashamed of your response. Calling someone ignorant and their response worthless is out of line by anyone's standard. There's no place for that kind of vitriol here.

Unread 08/28/2014, 09:41 AM   #5
kurt_n
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYfishies View Post
I bought my EHIEM auto feeder for $26. Neptune AFS a bit overpriced - yes?
And how is that EHIEM auto feeder interfacing with your Apex? Pretty well?

I won't argue that the AFS isn't overpriced. But when it's the only thing out there that you can buy (without doing a bunch of DIY) that directly interfaces with the Apex, seems to me it's price is whatever Neptune says it is and the market will accept. Plenty moved off the shelves when it was first introduced.

No skin off my nose with the name calling. Guess I just have issues when folks can't be grateful for the deals they're offered. By all means, don't waste your $16.25 on the "free" AFS. I'm sure that'll teach Neptune a lesson!

Welcome to ReefCentral, by the way.

Unread 08/28/2014, 11:38 AM   #6
NYfishies
Registered Member

Boy, this is a friendly forum. Guess I should not have even bothered posting in the first place. I was not trying to upset anybody.

Unread 08/29/2014, 03:33 PM   #7
ggdowski
Registered Member

Not much sympathy here. I bought the AFS at full price about a month ago. That said, pay the $16. It is worth it. It is hard to synch up your eheim with turning off the pumps. It's not impossible, just hard. My eheims are sitting in the basement.

Unread 08/29/2014, 05:25 PM   #8
dc
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYfishies View Post
Boy, this is a friendly forum. Guess I should not have even bothered posting in the first place. I was not trying to upset anybody.
Let's see you come on here complaining and insulting people over something you don't have to have what do you want a hug?

This thread is done.

Why? Because I said so of course.

-Sent via Tapatalk Smoke Signals-
Closed Thread