Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/30/2018, 12:00 AM   #1
Macca_75
Registered Member

Maintanence of GHL probes

Afternoon,

Can GHL probes (specifically and Conductivity probes) be given a vinegar soak to clean the tips as part of maintenance to remove any crud off the ends (such as calcium deposits, etc)? Would there be any harm done to the probes?

If it cannot, what is the correct procedure to maintain the probes and clean them?

Thanks in advance.

Macca_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2018, 03:30 AM   #2
Happyschneider
Registered Member

There was a recommendation from ghl in the packaging that I received. But now I cannot find it anymore I seem to remember that for the pH HCl is recommended but not sure that is true for the others, especially the conductivity. Maybe they have something online?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

180 liter, sumpless reef, no skimmer for the moment.

Current Tank Info: Juwel VISION 180, currently only invertebrates, planning to have low bioload as I have no skimmer and no refugium for the moment.
Happyschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2018, 11:31 PM   #3
Macca_75
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyschneider View Post
There was a recommendation from ghl in the packaging that I received. But now I cannot find it anymore I seem to remember that for the pH HCl is recommended but not sure that is true for the others, especially the conductivity. Maybe they have something online?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Thanks - have been looking but found nothing so far.

Macca_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/04/2018, 12:20 PM   #4
slief
RC Sponsor

I normally just take a soft toothbrush to my probes every month or so. If you do soak in vinegar, I would dilute it in fresh water by about 50% before doing so.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote