Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Marine Depot
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/19/2019, 01:37 PM   #1
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Arrow The best Gyre pumps yet—NOW IN STOCK!

The best Gyre pumps yet—NOW IN STOCK!

No water left unturned with near-silent operation!

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2019, 08:10 PM   #2
reelredfish
Registered Member

So I have a 180 BB tall that I haver an MP60 on one end and two MP40's across from it on the other end. Now I am looking for something to place on the back wall on each side of overflow. I want something to stream across the bottom of the tank. I don't want stuff collecting want to keep it suspended until its gone. Wondering how these work. Not had any experience with others than the MP's.

reelredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/26/2019, 10:54 AM   #3
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelredfish View Post
So I have a 180 BB tall that I haver an MP60 on one end and two MP40's across from it on the other end. Now I am looking for something to place on the back wall on each side of overflow. I want something to stream across the bottom of the tank. I don't want stuff collecting want to keep it suspended until its gone. Wondering how these work. Not had any experience with others than the MP's.
180 BB, that sounds pretty cool. What is really convenient about bare bottom aquariums is that you can increase the power of your pumps without worrying about sand being pushed all over the place or all piled up on one end of the aquarium. Giving that you own the EcotechMarine, you can easily move the two mp40 pumps and place one on each side of the overflow box, considering that you want to add flow to the bottom of your tank, it would be a lot easier with the Mp40s since there are no cables that would be visible in your back wall, then you can add another pump to the side of the tank were the two Mp40s used to be. If you want to try the Gyre Pumps you can go with one of the Maxspect XF350 Gyre Pump with Controller, and keep that one closer to the top to generate a lot of surface agitation and a great amount of extra flow. The New Gyre XF350 are rated for glass thickness up to 3/4" just lit the MP40s so as long as your glass is within those specs then you can definitely add it to your tank.

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gyre, gyre xf330, gyre xf350, maxspect, maxspect gyre 300