Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aqua Cave
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/15/2009, 09:09 PM   #1
AquaCave
RC Sponsor

Vertex Mocean Wave Makers - Available Early July

We are happy to announce the release of Mocean Oscillating wave maker.
There has been major improvements made to the body to assure flawless operation.
Wavemakers are scheduled to be available in the first week of July.
For more information please visit us at http://aquacave.blogspot.com/

Albert

www.aquacave.com

AquaCave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2009, 12:27 AM   #2
KMP
Wag More; Bark Less

Albert - thanks for letting us know.

Can you give us the history behind the Mocean since it seems to be a rebadged WavySea? As I'm sure you are aware - many WavySea owners were left stranded with what is a great product - when it's working - but the customer support and ability to get repairs made were nonexistent.

- What are the major improvements?
- Does the product or AquaCave have any affiliation with the previous WavySea owners?
- What warranty is available?
- Who are we calling/who's taking care of us if something goes wrong?
- Can you buy a controller separate?
- Will the controller work with a WavySea so I can replace the one that burned up on me vs. throwing $300 in the trash?

Current Tank Info: 70g Shallow Reef [Home]; 15g Starfire Cube [Office]
KMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2009, 09:46 PM   #3
wpnorton
Registered Member

Yep....I won't touch it with a ten foot pole unless they can assure it's not the same horrible product support as before. I sent my broke Wavy sea in for warranty repair...never to be seen again...Poof...$300 down the drain!

wpnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/24/2009, 04:08 PM   #4
Proline
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KMP
Albert - thanks for letting us know.

Can you give us the history behind the Mocean since it seems to be a rebadged WavySea? As I'm sure you are aware - many WavySea owners were left stranded with what is a great product - when it's working - but the customer support and ability to get repairs made were nonexistent.

- What are the major improvements?
- Does the product or AquaCave have any affiliation with the previous WavySea owners?
- What warranty is available?
- Who are we calling/who's taking care of us if something goes wrong?
- Can you buy a controller separate?
- Will the controller work with a WavySea so I can replace the one that burned up on me vs. throwing $300 in the trash?
Hello Kenny,

Perhaps I can take a stab at these questions for you:

- As you can see, this is the Wavy Sea product, but through a distinctly different channel along with much needed re-engineering and improvements. Vertex Aquaristik, through Proline Aquatics, is now handling the product line.

- The original problems with the Wavy Sea unit stemmed from a design flaw with the worm gear driving the drum within the main body. There was a weak junction point that readily snapped at standard stressed levels. Wavy Sea, along with Vertex Aquaristik, has taken the last year to address this issue - the gear and gear mounts have since received considerable attention and reinforcement and now operate well beyond the required specs of the unit.

- Warranty will a one-year standard service on all parts.

- Should you have issues with the unit, please contact your local dealer for assistance. They will receive full support from Proline Aquatics.

- The controller will be available separately and will be fully functional with any existing Wavy Sea units.

Quote:
Originally posted by wpnorton
Yep....I won't touch it with a ten foot pole unless they can assure it's not the same horrible product support as before. I sent my broke Wavy sea in for warranty repair...never to be seen again...Poof...$300 down the drain!
The original distributor is no longer handling the product. Your dealer will now be taking care of any warranty-related issues with direct support from Vertex Aquaristik and Proline Aquatics.

- Albert

Proline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/24/2009, 11:01 PM   #5
KMP
Wag More; Bark Less

Thanks Albert,

Seeing "Proline" chime in wsa probably the most convincing angle for me to consider giving this a go again. There may be hope after all!

Current Tank Info: 70g Shallow Reef [Home]; 15g Starfire Cube [Office]
KMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/27/2009, 04:42 PM   #6
jjfplumemt28
Registered Member

READ BEFORE BUYING

The following remarks come from me who runs a saltwater sales company in a retail and online pet store. I bought two of the WavySea wavemakers. Both of them broke with in less than a year. The product looks the same but with a different name. IT ISN'T EVEN WATER PROOF. Just because Proline says they re-designed a gear inside doesn't mean they did. Prove to the reefers out there that allready got screwed by the WavySea, that this product actually was re-designed and works longer than a year. If they can't prove that it has been re-designed with water-proof components and working gears then NO-ONE SHOULD WASTE THEIR MONEY ON THIS! It is not worth it to waste money on something that is so critical for your tank. I encourage others out there that were screwed with this junk to speak up as well. I don't know how you can do it but prove that you re-designed it and the thing actually works and then maybe I and the rest of the reefing community may give it another shot... Till then everyone look somewhere else for a wave maker. I challenge Proline and or VERTEX AQUARISTIK to prove that this product actually works properly.

jjfplumemt28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/28/2009, 12:09 AM   #7
wpnorton
Registered Member

....And I thought "I"got screwed.

wpnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2009, 10:35 PM   #8
Aquaticadvisor
Registered Member

And I was just going to by one.....think I am going to wait and see.....

Aquaticadvisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/27/2011, 11:23 AM   #9
loknar28
Registered Member

Some photos of the problem areas of the design.

Last edited by loknar28; 10/27/2011 at 11:30 AM.
loknar28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/2011, 05:44 PM   #10
SoLiD
-=Snake=-

I guess there won't be a reply from the vendor dealer or vendor.

Current Tank Info: Where you'll find an Acan and Orange Ricordea Garden in Bloom...
SoLiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/04/2011, 08:59 AM   #11
AquaCave
RC Sponsor

SoLiD,

The reason why we do not have any input is because the unit in question WavySea have been discontinued and the manufacturer is no longer in business. Although, Vertex have a similar product we are not able to ask for support. We have not carried WavySea for years now based upon my recollection. Please give us a call at your convenience for us to further assist you.

Unread 11/27/2013, 05:07 AM   #12
reefman069
Registered Member

well im going to call aquacave. so i have 3 wavy sea's that the motor burned up. can i buy new motors for them?

reefman069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2013, 02:52 PM   #13
AquaCave
RC Sponsor

WavySea is no longer in business but Vertex Mocean is basically the same unit with some structural improvements. motors alone are not available but we can get replacement bodies (w/o controllers). Call us if you would like to get this arranged.

Albert

Unread 01/02/2016, 12:39 AM   #14
thefuz
Registered Member

Hello, Albert. Haven't seen a reply in this thread for quite some time - I have acquired a pair of MOCEAN 3500 modules. Some questions, if you're still able provide answers:

1. How do I tell if these are the upgraded units? The box has "www.vertexaquaristik.com" on it.
2. Is there a PDF manual available? I'd like to know how to properly program these units rather than just guessing.
3. Does the unit retain its program after power loss?
4. What is the maximum flow rate?

Thanks in advance for your help!

thefuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/04/2016, 09:11 PM   #15
thefuz
Registered Member

Happy New Year. Any response on this, please?

Unread 01/05/2016, 11:25 AM   #16
AquaCave
RC Sponsor

Thefuz,
I will have Adam from Vertex reply to your questions later today.

Albert

Unread 01/05/2016, 06:48 PM   #17
redddogg69
Registered Member

1. If it says "Moceans" and not "wavy sea" it is the upgraded version.
2. I do not believe there is a PDF available. But to program the unit, press "set 1" for the first stop point, then press "set 2" for the second stop point.
3. No i do not believe it will retain the set points.
4. Maximum flow rate is 3500gph

I hope this answers your questions.

redddogg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/06/2016, 06:43 AM   #18
thefuz
Registered Member

Thanks for the answers, although 2 and 3 are disconcerting at best. For a unit that costs this much a digital copy of a manual isn't an outrageous thing to expect. In addition, it seems crazy that the manufacturer couldn't be bothered to spring for a memory module. This is an important (critical, I'd argue) feature to have. Doesn't instill confidence in future products...

Unread 01/06/2016, 07:21 AM   #19
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuz View Post
Thanks for the answers, although 2 and 3 are disconcerting at best. For a unit that costs this much a digital copy of a manual isn't an outrageous thing to expect. In addition, it seems crazy that the manufacturer couldn't be bothered to spring for a memory module. This is an important (critical, I'd argue) feature to have. Doesn't instill confidence in future products...
it definitely doesn't have memory and that was the main reason I got rid of mine. Came home after a power failure to find water being blown out of my tank every time the return nozzle rotated by the back panel. Huge design flaw IMO.

Am I really doing all of this for a fish tank??????

Current Tank Info: 360g Envision Acrylic Tank, Closed Loops, Vectra L1's, MP40QD's, 400w Radiums, Regal 300ext, Dastaco Ext3 CaRx, Controlled by GHL Profilux
SPotter is offline   Reply With Quote