Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tampa Bay Saltwater
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/07/2019, 05:41 PM   #1
arky69
Registered Member

Setting Up my 210 in New Tampa

I live south of Wesley Chapel. Is it possible to do a local pickup of the two parts of The Package? Also, 420 lbs of rock sure seems like it would be too much rock. Is that much really what I should use? Thanks.

arky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/08/2019, 04:47 AM   #2
liverock
RC Sponsor

Local

Can do...use the online order form, and under comments, local pick up and Deb in shipping will get with you....

Two pounds per gallon will give you a 3/4 reef.......like these folks....with the Package also......all with 2# per gallon..

https://www.tbsaltwater.com/testimonials/index.html

sea ya
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

www.tbsaltwater.com
Find us on Instagram tbs_liverockrocks

Current Tank Info: mixed reef
liverock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/08/2019, 01:20 PM   #3
arky69
Registered Member

Okay. Thanks. I need to get all my equipment setup and saltwater in the tank first.

Obviously, I don't want to fill the tank/sump completely and then add the rock. So, approximately how much volume will be displaced by the sand and rock? Perhaps half full or 3/4 full of saltwater prior to placing the sand/rock and then top off the saltwater to get proper levels? Or should I use some other method?

arky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/08/2019, 02:28 PM   #4
liverock
RC Sponsor

Yes....fill it up....let the system run a week or two.....make sure everything is kosher....no leaks...issues........I had a 210 here in my living room........great tank...I had 5 purple tangs...perfect citizens.....ran it on a MD4 little giant...that was it...no other filters...add ones...nada...was a perfect tank using the real live sand and rock.....until one sunday I was in the keys collecting and the other 1/2 called me at 3am......nothing like a seam spit on your tank in the middle of the night...lol.....it did last 15 years....and failure was my fault...the 1/2 plywood base....failed due to saltwater creep.....use starboard for sure....plywood......a little sag....and leak time...starboard does not sag....ever....great stuff I use it on my boat a lot also....

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

www.tbsaltwater.com
Find us on Instagram tbs_liverockrocks

Current Tank Info: mixed reef
liverock is offline   Reply With Quote