Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/26/2017, 04:44 PM   #51
Mrlttran
Registered Member

Seriously considering pulling the trigger here. Sick of these Jebao pumps failing...should have bought the best to begin with...Still torn between the 6105 and this pump. Suggestions?

Unread 05/26/2017, 04:47 PM   #52
MSHUR
ugust 2011

I just pulled the trigger) Ordered from PA...Hopefully they have it in stock so i can play around next week..

Current Tank Info: Reef Savvy crystal glass, Profilux network system,PS -Diuna T5-10 bulbs, BK SM-300
MSHUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/26/2017, 09:42 PM   #53
Mrlttran
Registered Member

Well if it's good enough for a former TOTM, it will be plenty good for me!

Unread 05/30/2017, 08:34 AM   #54
rvitko
RC Sponsor

How big is your tank?

If I had to list pros and cons of the two-

6105 pros, smaller, more adjustable in positioning, stronger magnets available.

6105 cons, needs more frequent maintenance, every 3-6 months. Life span is typical of DC pumps, not likely more than 10 years.

6150 pros, nice wide flow with a long reach, higher overall flow rate, very low maintenance, should last nearly indefinitely though it will need parts and repairs.

6150 cons, large, magnet holders are weaker and 3/4" is the strongest available. slightly more limited in placement (this is compensated largely by how much wider the flow is).

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/02/2017, 11:15 AM   #55
Mrlttran
Registered Member

So i purchased the Stream 3 and its setup and running. Can you recommend the setting i should be looking at? Here is my setup with the Stream 3 hidden horizontally behind the rock work on the left about 8 inches up from the sandbed. I do have a center overflow i am sure messed with the flow.

[IMG][/IMG]

Unread 06/14/2017, 07:14 PM   #56
MSHUR
ugust 2011

Finally i got the time to install and play with it.Unfortunately pump wouldnt stay , it slides down even with extra magnets..Glass 3/4"...Very disappointing...I have tried to ally magnets and found best positioning but still when i try to increase power ,pump start to move down ( Suks.....

Current Tank Info: Reef Savvy crystal glass, Profilux network system,PS -Diuna T5-10 bulbs, BK SM-300
Unread 06/14/2017, 07:28 PM   #57
Bryan
Registered Member

Probably not the ideal solution, but can you add another magnet below the pump so the pump rests on it, should stop it from sliding down.

Current Tank Info: 10g nano reef
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/14/2017, 07:46 PM   #58
MSHUR
ugust 2011

i guess i can do that, but i need to sleep with it.. you know what i mean..i have 300g full of SPS colonies..i dont want to take any chances..

Unread 06/15/2017, 08:00 AM   #59
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Please see my PM, the magnets are not installed correctly, they completely replace the stock magnets which are removed.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 06/15/2017, 10:56 AM   #60
Ricardo18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
Please see my PM, the magnets are not installed correctly, they completely replace the stock magnets which are removed.
Roger, I just ordered 2 more pumps.I am tired of my MP's failing all the time!
...Please PM me about the magnet placement/replacement. I want to make sure I have it right on my current pump.

Current Tank Info: 500 gallon display,650 system Lifereef Skimmer Ozone UV Apex Radion Genesis
Ricardo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/15/2017, 11:02 AM   #61
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Ricardo, how thick is the glass? You only need new magnets if the glass is thicker than 2/3rd inch. The factory included magnets work for 1/2" just fine and if you have 3/4" you have to replace the magnets the pumps come with with 2 sets of 6025.500. A lot of people ask why we don't just include the stronger magnets, the reason is mostly that if the magnet is too strong it pulls on the impeller causing vibration, with the magnetic levitation magnetic fields affect the balance, so they include what will work for most people on the more common glass sizes.

Unread 06/20/2017, 10:46 AM   #62
Ricardo18
Registered Member

Quote:
Ricardo, how thick is the glass? You only need new magnets if the glass is thicker than 2/3rd inch. The factory included magnets work for 1/2" just fine and if you have 3/4" you have to replace the magnets the pumps come with with 2 sets of 6025.500. A lot of people ask why we don't just include the stronger magnets, the reason is mostly that if the magnet is too strong it pulls on the impeller causing vibration, with the magnetic levitation magnetic fields affect the balance, so they include what will work for most people on the more common glass sizes.
Thanks Roger..so I will just replace the 2 DRY SIDE magnets with the new ones

Current Tank Info: 500 gallon display,650 system Lifereef Skimmer Ozone UV Apex Radion Genesis
Ricardo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 10:49 AM   #63
rvitko
RC Sponsor

No, both sides, the 6025.500 is a complete pair inside and outside.

Unread 06/20/2017, 11:55 AM   #64
RedStangGA
Registered Member

Would one of these be enough for a 72"x24"x30" or should it be accented with other power heads? Plan will be SPS but a pretty open aquascape. Return won't be contributing much.

I'm moving on from Ecotech as I just don't trust their longevity or customer service anymore. The stream looks very appealing though from a performance perspective and Tunze still has a solid reputation.

Unread 06/20/2017, 12:18 PM   #65
rvitko
RC Sponsor

You would need 2, my tank is 72 by 24 by 28 and I use 2 and I supplemented them with 2 6055 and my return is about 800 gph. 2 will generally do the job but you may find areas far from the pump that need some supplemental flow or specific inverts that you have to hit with more than the general flow in the tank.

Unread 06/20/2017, 12:24 PM   #66
RedStangGA
Registered Member

Quote:
You would need 2, my tank is 72 by 24 by 28 and I use 2 and I supplemented them with 2 6055 and my return is about 800 gph. 2 will generally do the job but you may find areas far from the pump that need some supplemental flow or specific inverts that you have to hit with more than the general flow in the tank.
Thanks, about what I figured but we reefers always hope to be able to do more with less lol! That's right about where my return is planned to be as well so thanks for the relevant feedback.

Unread 06/22/2017, 01:45 PM   #67
unze
Registered Member

Will set this beauty up today
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...pHU1JsSHNkMHh3

Last edited by unze; 06/22/2017 at 02:00 PM.
unze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/22/2017, 02:20 PM   #68
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I am eager to hear what you think of it when you have it running.

Unread 06/25/2017, 10:23 AM   #69
franco_oo
Registered Member

So guys are yours stream 3 doing

Unread 06/26/2017, 12:14 PM   #70
andyos
Registered Member

Hi Roger, I've ordered one Stream 3 (arrives on Wednesday) - because my tank is tight up against a wall I can't attach directly to the back wall, do you have any feedback on anyone using these with the Stream rock?

andyos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/26/2017, 12:55 PM   #71
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I generally am a fan of the other models of Stream rocks because they shield the pump intake and can make it reasonably safe for anemones, but the Stream 3 rock does not shield the intake, it is also fairly large. I have sold some and I have used one myself at a trade show, I won't say they are bad, but fairly large and lacks the one feature I really like about the other rocks. I don't have any feedback on them besides my own. In general I like to start a macro algae or zoos or mushrooms on the rocks as it hides them quickly and they are hardy enough to survive being removed from the tank for maintenance, but in this case the pump very easily just lifts out of the rock. They are ceramic, but fairly stark white until coralline grows over them.

Unread 06/26/2017, 01:22 PM   #72
andyos
Registered Member

Thanks Roger, I'll see how I go on with initially putting the pump vertically on the short side of the tank with the deflector on...roll on Wednesday

andyos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/2017, 11:29 AM   #73
sepius
Registered Member

After having the Stream 3 running in my tank the whole 2017, I am only able to praise this expensive tool. (Mine was one of the first 100 - shouldn't make a difference anyway)
Today I removed the "redirection" top cap and placed it so it blows from one side to another.... decreased from max to 60% and it still does a hell of a job. And it doesn't make a sound. Don't let me start on the Jebaos I had before in numbers....

Does anyone know what could be the reason for the bad availability?

sepius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/2017, 06:30 PM   #74
unze
Registered Member

Great pumps, installed one few months ago. i have it face upwards.

unze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/02/2017, 01:20 PM   #75
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The magnetic rotor of the drive unit is extremely difficult to manufacture and has greatly slowed production. It has two oppositely poled magnets, you imagine how hard it is to assemble two magnets that want to push each other way during assembly. Step by step they are getting this worked out so we have steady production.