Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself > The R3CA Project
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/11/2013, 11:15 AM   #76
WSPepsilon
Registered Member

Very nice set up. Curious if you have any sketches or thoughts on your salt dispenser yet? Also, for your automated wc is your return section large enough to drain out the necessary 10-15% water volume without having to shut down your whole system?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

WSPepsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/11/2013, 11:37 AM   #77
Vancouver Reefr
Registered Member

Hi WSP - I have not thought to much on the salt dispenser yet but i was thinking about a hopper with a 1" SS auger controlled by a dc or stepper motor.

Im about a week away from getting the system wet so, im hoping i will be able to keep the system running while i do the WC. It will all depend how much i can drain before i get a vortex created by the 2" circ pump inlet. If i cant get a good amount i will experiment with either shutting the circ pump off during the change or running the WC more frequent. Either way wont be a problem.

VR

The Ultimate DIY Aquarium Controller of the 21st Century!!!

LED's, PH, Salinity, Clock, LCD, ATO, Auto Water Changer, Variable Speed Cooling Fan Control and lots, lots more......

Current Tank Info: 75 Gal in the making
Vancouver Reefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/17/2013, 07:28 PM   #78
aaronc1540
Registered Member

pump selection guide

Hi,

I was just reading the Welco pump selection guide.

Here's what I came up with and I think it will work for me.

WPX1-L-1/8-s-2-W4-R
WPX1-L-1/8-s-2-W4-B
WPX1-L-1/8-s-2-W4-G
WPX1-L-1/8-s-2-W4-Y

What configuration did you purchase?

Thanks,

Aaron

aaronc1540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/22/2013, 02:10 PM   #79
moncapitane
Registered Member

My DIY Automated Controller Build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver Reefr View Post
Hi WSP - I have not thought to much on the salt dispenser yet but i was thinking about a hopper with a 1" SS auger controlled by a dc or stepper motor.

Im about a week away from getting the system wet so, im hoping i will be able to keep the system running while i do the WC. It will all depend how much i can drain before i get a vortex created by the 2" circ pump inlet. If i cant get a good amount i will experiment with either shutting the circ pump off during the change or running the WC more frequent. Either way wont be a problem.

VR
Do you have the coding you used in your arduino mega? I would love to compare it to what I am planning to use if you are up for it.

moncapitane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2014, 05:24 PM   #80
Adrian.F
Registered Member

update?

Adrian.F is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/16/2015, 05:38 AM   #81
5yearplan
Registered Member

Great Job! I'll be following this thread, looking to do something similar. I'm impressed with the visual side of your program, being able to see everything on the computer as opposed to scrolling thru the LCD

5yearplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2016, 12:42 PM   #82
EFJ
Registered Member

@Vancouver Reefr any updates on this build. I am also looking at doing a DIY controller and really liked this thread. Was planning on going with Beaglebone Black but as a noob to the programming world I think running with Arduino would be better. Also is there a way of me getting my hands on your coding for this project. Love the detailed web page.

EFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/08/2020, 06:10 PM   #83
odwyerpw
Registered Member

This si very interesting. A fellow and I are taking similar approaches to a DIY aquarium controller using a RaspberryPi4 and Node-RED. He's documenting his on reef-2-reef... He is user MaddyP and he is employing it on a really neat custom tidal pool of sorts. I dont' know if links to other forums are allowed here, so I just cited the forum and the users... I've just started documenting mine on simplydiscus.. I am user FischAutoTechGarten over there... my objective is to employ it on a rack of aquariums using a common sump.

I've joined here as I was enticed by some efforts to build DIY controllers for the older Koralia Nano 12V pumps...

Anyway, I like what you've done...

odwyerpw is offline   Reply With Quote