Macropharyngodon meleagris 78 33.05%
Macropharyngodon negrosensis 29 12.29%
Other 26 11.02%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Unread 02/19/2009, 01:13 PM   #151
flameangel88
Registered Member

Madfronter--I really like your Vermiculite Leopard Wrasse and I'll get a pair down the road.

Update on my 2--

Since both came out for the photoshoot on Sunday (2/15) I haven't seen anyone of them. I heard they usually come out after a week and I hope that's the case. I've plenty of pods and worms in there to support them.

flameangel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/19/2009, 09:39 PM   #152
flameangel88
Registered Member

So happy that both came out for a bit then went missing again.

Unread 02/19/2009, 11:29 PM   #153
WLachnit
Registered Member

I introduced a Vermiculite Leopard male female pair to my DT at the same time a month ago. They are eating prepared foods just fine. I noticed this week that the male is chasing the female around. Is that expected? Anything I should be doing here? I'm a little concerned that she will harass her excessively.

WLachnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/19/2009, 11:33 PM   #154
iamwrasseman
Registered Member

the only way you may be able to slow the aggresion would be to keep moving the rocks around in the tank .usually thats not an option so i have also found that if you feed them something like cyclopeeze it will take alot more time to eat and they will be distracted longer .feed 3x daily small portions .good luck

Dave

Current Tank Info: 40 freshwater,25saltwater 2000 gallons ,enough tanks for an army ?
iamwrasseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2009, 08:55 AM   #155
Madfronter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by flameangel88
Madfronter--I really like your Vermiculite Leopard Wrasse and I'll get a pair down the road.

Update on my 2--

Since both came out for the photoshoot on Sunday (2/15) I haven't seen anyone of them. I heard they usually come out after a week and I hope that's the case. I've plenty of pods and worms in there to support them.
Thanks flameangel88! She's currently my favorite fish. I think she is the most passive fish in my tank.

Madfronter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2009, 04:47 PM   #156
iamwrasseman
Registered Member

well i did it again ,just ordered a choati leopard wrasse from bluezoo .lets see what happens this time ,keep the fingers crossed and say a prayer !

Dave

Current Tank Info: 40 freshwater,25saltwater 2000 gallons ,enough tanks for an army ?
Unread 02/20/2009, 04:47 PM   #157
iamwrasseman
Registered Member

whoopee !

Dave

Unread 02/20/2009, 05:06 PM   #158
gflat65
Registered Member

I put a blue spotted leopard in last week (M. cyanoguttatus). It came out Saturday after the lights went out, so I turned on some actinics to give it a chance to hunt. I got up every two hours that night to check to see if it was still swimming around, and if the female bipartitus had come out. She came out around 1:00. Sunday, the blue spotted was swimming around, eating, and otherwise looking comfortable. It was out all day. Monday, I found it doing the death thrashing. Gills looked like they were distended, and it shot from spot to spot, running into everything. It didn't actually die until the next morning, though. I thought I was past the first hump when it was coming out and swimming around, only to be crushed the next day... Haven't seen the female bipartitus since Sunday, either...

Unread 02/22/2009, 02:17 AM   #159
Texsun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Texsun
  • Species of leopard: Female bipartitus
    Source (LFS, online, etc): LFS
    Method of introduction (quarantine, straight-to-tank, etc): Straight to tank. Drip acclimated for ~1 hour.
    Tank set up (reef, fowlr, size, age, etc): 30g mature SPS/LPS dominated reef.
    How many other attempts, if any, you made to keep a leopard wrasse and thoughts on why this attempt was successful (if applicable): Third attempt with bipartitus. First was successful for over six months but lost due to tank crash. Second attempt unsuccessful but admittedly shouldn't have brought her home (broken beak). Thought I could save her from certain death at the LFS.

My current bipartitus is going on 16 months now. Eats anything I throw in the tank and thriving.

I'm interested to hear from the 1 choati voter as I've tried a few and they seem to last, oh maybe 3-4 days at best.
Quick update on mine... still going strong at now 20 months. Hasn't grown much but still eats like a pig.

Eat them up, yum!

Current Tank Info: Dipping my toes back with an Elos Mini...
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/22/2009, 08:25 AM   #160
iamwrasseman
Registered Member

i have a choati coming on tuesday from bluezoo getting everything ready for him now ! crossing fingers as we speak

Dave

Unread 02/22/2009, 08:55 AM   #161
flameangel88
Registered Member

That's a very nice looking fish and you got either the only one they had or the last one as it's no longer available.

Good thing I went over to look for the picture because I didn't know certain wrasse will not tolerate copper. Also since it eats like Mandarin it should be out in the open all the time. Great pick-up!

Please post pictures!

Unread 02/22/2009, 12:34 PM   #162
iamwrasseman
Registered Member

yes i got the last one ,i almost bought two a week ago but they were a bit pricey so i just kept calling until he was the last . they had them for three weeks so i think i have a better chance ,its eating pellet food and all others .it is near the end of the summer in australlia so he probably is a bit older and that may help too .

Dave

Unread 02/24/2009, 11:18 PM   #163
AgentSPS
Registered Member

Updated shot of my potters....

AgentSPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/25/2009, 03:08 AM   #164
iamwrasseman
Registered Member

wow do you want me to keep him in MY tank ? i would do that for you ,uh no charge ! lookes awesome ,beautiful fish

Dave

Unread 02/25/2009, 12:09 PM   #165
zackdastack
Registered Member

Leopord wrasse's rock

zackdastack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/25/2009, 06:46 PM   #166
iamwrasseman
Registered Member

just got my choati leopard wrasse this morning ,looks awesome will get some pics asap but hes burried right now !

Dave

Unread 02/25/2009, 07:42 PM   #167
Ralph ATL
Formerly mysterybox

sweet!

Unread 02/25/2009, 08:31 PM   #168
iamwrasseman
Registered Member

now bluezoo has more choati leopard wrasses for sale , just got mine today. i might have to order a couple more !

Dave

Unread 02/25/2009, 08:38 PM   #169
flameangel88
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by iamwrasseman
just got my choati leopard wrasse this morning ,looks awesome will get some pics asap but hes burried right now !

can't wait to see the pictures.

btw--how big is it?

Unread 02/25/2009, 08:46 PM   #170
iamwrasseman
Registered Member

maybe 2 1/4 " , it was hard to see i kind of dripped and added him in the dark as to not stress him but i did get a decent look at him .he is fat and was breathing slowly so i think he was pretty calm and not to stressed out .then in the tank he was out for 30 seconds then under he went . plus the tank had a blanket wrapped around it so it was kinda dark .i will get some shots asap once he gets settlen in .

Dave

Unread 02/25/2009, 08:51 PM   #171
iamwrasseman
Registered Member

hey flameangel88 i just checked out your little red house that tank looks cool for sure . aint no corals going in there ,just be expensive food huh !

Dave

Unread 02/25/2009, 09:04 PM   #172
flameangel88
Registered Member

Quote:
maybe 2 1/4 " , it was hard to see i kind of dripped and added him in the dark as to not stress him but i did get a decent look at him .he is fat and was breathing slowly so i think he was pretty calm and not to stressed out .then in the tank he was out for 30 seconds then under he went . plus the tank had a blanket wrapped around it so it was kinda dark .i will get some shots asap once he gets settlen in .
Glad to hear that the wrasse is not too stressed out. Might as well let it rest for the night. Look forward to seeing pix tomorrow.

Unread 02/25/2009, 09:09 PM   #173
iamwrasseman
Registered Member

yup he will be left alone till he comes out for dinner then i have a smorgsborg of live foods for him ! hell i think i spent more on the food than for the wrasse ! its all good march forward and dont look back .

Dave

Unread 02/25/2009, 09:11 PM   #174
flameangel88
Registered Member

Quote:
hey flameangel88 i just checked out your little red house that tank looks cool for sure . aint no corals going in there ,just be expensive food huh !
Thanks. I need to update that when I get a chance. I've done some changes since going with more deep water fish and had to move about one-third out due to lower temperature and aggression. With the addition of Bandit, Tinkeri and Crosshatch the temp is currently maintained at 72.

btw--the tank had corals b4 I added the pair of semilarvatus and they wiped out in less than a week. They were just so hard to resist.

Last edited by flameangel88; 02/25/2009 at 09:20 PM.
Unread 02/25/2009, 09:15 PM   #175
flameangel88
Registered Member

Quote:
yup he will be left alone till he comes out for dinner then i have a smorgsborg of live foods for him ! hell i think i spent more on the food than for the wrasse ! its all good march forward and dont look back .
I know the feeling and I'd to get a freezer just for their food while trying to cut down on expenses.