Reef Central Online Community
Blue Zoo Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 09/12/2019, 09:35 PM   #701
o2manyfish
Registered Member

While walking out the door to MACNA I shot this quick video using my Samsung S10 -- Video turned out pretty amazing -

Current Tank Info: 400g SPS Dominant Reef
o2manyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/2019, 09:37 PM   #702
o2manyfish
Registered Member

Just last week the temps here in LA were super hot - So made a video of the frag tanks when the outside air temp is 108.

Also pulled out the PAR meter to show what kind of light I am getting when it's 108 degrees outside.

108 Degrees

Old 09/12/2019, 09:39 PM   #703
o2manyfish
Registered Member

Bangai Cardinals that were born last March in our system are now parents. With so many fish in the frag tank the wife wanted me to try to do something to try to save the babies. Last night we shut off all the lights in the back yard and then tried to catch a small Bangai in a 180g frag tank with 500+ frags in it. It took about 10 mins and we got him. And fortunately when we got him he didn't spit out his babies until he was in the net. I had no idea there were that many baby fish in his mouth. I always thought they had like a dozen babies. But in this short video you can see there were alot more than a dozen.

Old 09/13/2019, 01:44 AM   #704
o2manyfish
Registered Member

Last night Baby Bangai and tonight....

Earlier this year I caught my Goldflake Angels spawning one night. I have lots of contacts in the hobby and nobody has ever heard of Goldflake Angels spawning in captivity (ever).

Tonight while heading upstairs to bed at midnight I caught the Goldflakes getting a little frisky. I grabbed my cell phone and managed to catch not 1 but 2 pairs of angels spawning - in less than 90 seconds (the video is 100% unedited).

This tank also has a trio of spawning Bellus Angels, a trio of spawning Flameback angels and last week for the first time ever I caught my Venustus angels spawning.

Here's a chance for you to see something that perhaps nobody else ever has until tonight.