Reef Central Online Community
Marine Depot

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 05/01/2007, 05:52 PM   #1
balsaaaq
Registered Member

calfo overflow question

Planning a 29 with a small sump. want to put 250-300 gph through the sump, planning on using a "calfo" coast to coast overflow with two 1/2inch bulkheads and turned down street elbows with a 1/2inch return via a tuned down mag 5. Anyone forsee and problems using the small bulkheads(trying to conserve as much verticle plane as possible...) thanks...bals

balsaaaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2007, 05:54 PM   #2
30mini
Registered Member

I'd bump it up to 1" just to be safe. Run one 1" BH and you'll be fine with your mag 5... and could even bump up to a larger pump later on. JMO!

Current Tank Info: 24x24x18 SPS reef
30mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2007, 07:42 PM   #3
balsaaaq
Registered Member

Your old mag 5.....thanks, I will see what looks best...the 1/2 bulk heads are so much smaller thus making the overflow smaller....i have some 3/4's laying around somewhere....

balsaaaq is offline   Reply With Quote