Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 11/23/2006, 09:11 PM   #301
trueblackpercula
Registered Member

Hahahhahahahahahaha good one..............
are you going to post the information from the next issue of reefitalia and if so when is it do ? remember i can only read and write English

LIVE SAND ITS THE CURE........®

Current Tank Info: 120 CUBE Live sand Mitras lx6100hv MRC MR 2 single becket MP40 power head Aquamedic dosing pump using B-ionic
Unread 11/23/2006, 09:21 PM   #302
invincible569
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by trueblackpercula
Hahahhahahahahahaha good one..............
are you going to post the information from the next issue of reefitalia and if so when is it do ? remember i can only read and write English
Ocean Drive plans to translate it to English. Once he publishes, he will let everyone know on this thread. Im not sure what day its due.. Ocean Drive?

Unread 11/24/2006, 02:08 AM   #303
xtm
Registered Member

1. How did they discovered that HGH promotes good growth in reef aquaria? So a supplement that is supposed to be for humans also works for reef?

2. How fast does HGH make SPS grow? Like .5" a week?

Current Tank Info: 120g SPS Tank (48x24x24)
Unread 11/24/2006, 07:09 AM   #304
TexasTodd
Registered Member

XTM, looks to about double what good normal growth would be.

Has anyone else noticed the massive TABLES in most of these tanks?! Always noted generally as pretty hard to keep.

TT

Unread 11/24/2006, 07:46 AM   #305
invincible569
Registered Member

If you guys are interested in some extra readings and pics about HGH on RC when this was first introduced to the states. Remember this info is 2 yrs old meaning reefitalia most likely has an updated version of all of this especially with the BroGri method.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...5&pagenumber=1

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...hreadid=410811

Quoted from Alessandro:

"The tank of Maurizio is not well aquascaped, in my opinion. It's a wild forest of (mainly) staghorn acroporas. But his goal has always been to understand how to reach huge growth rate (I believe also for commercial purposes) while enhancing striking colors, general health of the tank and induce spawning.

He uses amminoacids, from aspartic acid to arginin and glutamin. This leds to stimulation of GH and gives corals some "bricks" to build living mass.
Then, he feeds a fine blended mixture of seafodd with the addition of somatotropin (GH) in it. (Yes, you need a prescription for that)"

MORE:

"Here are some details about Maurizio's tank. Please notice I just report and don't necessarily support...

First, he loves bare bottom tank, better nutrient control, higher pH, higher Redox, less troubles, pristine water quality, etc.
He uses either a commercial amminoacid product (made for bodybuilders) that has a selection of the most common amminoacids, or (better) a solution of glutammine and arginine, two aa that stimulates somatropine in humans. So the aa solution is made simply by those 2 aa.
Then, he feeds a simplified Borneman-like recipe, 5 clams, 5 scallops, 5 oyster, 5 shrimps, 1 pill of somatropin (yes, it's a pill, don't know the brand). He mixes all in the blender, makes cubes, freezes and uses weekly.
As far as chemical parameters are concerned, he keeps a very high alk/ca concentration and prevents precipitation by keeping also Mg levels above NSW. alk 4.5 Ca 500 Mg 1500. He says these values are mandatory! Probably this is due to the fact that corals take up CaCO3 at warp speed and therefore he must use huge calcium reactors (much bigger than usual) and high values to keep up with calcification.
He also is in favour of very efficient skimming or better... overskimming. He says taht PO4 levels NEVER higher than 0.01 is mandatory.
He uses 400W Radiums supplemented by varius tubes, including sometimes a red tube and a green tube (he says for improving some pigments and photosyntesis in the red peak)
He also keeps Sr levels well above NSW, at 30 mg/L and says that polyp expansion is much better at these levels.
He keeps I2 at 0.06-0.08 ppm total iodine and also supplements sodium fluoride.
I think that's 99% of his routine..."

Unread 11/24/2006, 08:39 AM   #306
DarkXerox
Registered Member

Yeah I've been following the BC (Blu Coral) method and I'm trying to figure out what I can about it. As for the food, I think they are using a lot of omega-3 fatty acid rich things. They really emphasize the need for overskimming when doing this.

You add the amino acids (something like gylcine, proline, and glutamine)something like 4 hours before adding the cubes. I also read about the same as you did:

Target Params:
iodine 0.06
ca 500
mg 1500
sr 30
ph 8.5
kh 12

Recipe by Maurizio
5 mussels
5 clams
5 oysters
5 shrimp
1 pill of somatropin
a spoon of fructose
250mL of RO water

Then freeze it after blending it into the consistency of milk. 1 cube a week per 800 liters of water. You have to stop the skimmer for 2 hours after this though, but leave circulation pumps on of course. However I don't know how big the cubes are, but apparently you can get 52 total. I'll check on this. But apparently the pill costs something like €80, which is crazy.

Unread 11/24/2006, 08:49 AM   #307
invincible569
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkXerox
Then freeze it after blending it into the consistency of milk. 1 cube a week per 800 liters of water. [/B]
DarXerox, when you mean consistency of milk.. do you mean freeze it all the way, then thaw it out? or just enough to where it starts to crystallize? Or am I just reading this wrong and it just means to blend.

Unread 11/24/2006, 09:13 AM   #308
trueblackpercula
Registered Member

I would like to know if I start doing this to My system do I have to get calcium reactor?

Also what happens if you can't maintain
iodine 0.06
ca 500
mg 1500
sr 30
ph 8.5
kh 12
Will it not work as good or not work at all. Some of these readings are almost impossible for me to get to. How on earth do you maintain a kh of 12 and mag at 1500 . I think this is going to take some serious planing before I just leap into this method.
Keep the info rolling.
Michael

Current Tank Info: 120 CUBE Live sand Mitras lx6100hv MRC MR 2 single becket MP40 power head Aquamedic dosing pump using B-ionic
Unread 11/24/2006, 09:45 AM   #309
wentreefgirl
Registered Member

I think a calc reactor is a must with this method.

Unread 11/24/2006, 11:54 AM   #310
glassbox-design
Registered Member

here are some random notes/ ideas...

I have used my own AA supps and they do work well. I also added creatine and it caused an explosion of filter feeders and caused great polyp expansion. No, I'm not joking If you look at the make up of NSW you will see creatine is present. I only added a pinch, and could honestly tell a difference. I had to throw my liverock away because of sponge, tunicate and feather duster growth..they took over.

IMO if you were to find the right ratios of aminos they should be just as effective as HGH. In humans arginine, glutamine, glycine, and some say ornithine can effect HGH levels.There are also studies showing specificaly what aminos are used by some marine organisms.

Also what about the different forms of these aminos. Arginine comes in various forms...by combing these different types you can get better nitric oxide responses or pumps...If you take large amounts of plain L-arginine, you will get no where near the same response as L-arginine combined with AKG. I wonder if the same is true for corals.

if you guys have any questions about aminos as supps feel free to ask, both flint and I are personal trainers... and no dont ask if we can get you some hgh.

e+f

LEDs are a 50,000 hr investment. Choose wisely.

Current Tank Info: ...a new glassbox is coming
Unread 11/24/2006, 03:34 PM   #311
Ceak
Registered Member

Flint & Eric are here to PUMP... YOU UP!

Unread 11/24/2006, 07:55 PM   #312
trueblackpercula
Registered Member

Its ok it can be had from the net If i wanted it

Unread 11/24/2006, 10:34 PM   #313
glassbox-design
Registered Member

just be careful you get the real stuff...there are many impure and fakes out there. join a bodyduilding website and post pics on there when or if you get it...they will be able to tell you if its real.

LEDs are a 50,000 hr investment. Choose wisely.

Current Tank Info: ...a new glassbox is coming
Unread 11/24/2006, 11:40 PM   #314
NaH2Ofreak
Premium Member

I think Randy Holmes-Farley works for Genentec, right? Well Genentec makes a product called Nutropin. Maybe he can score us some samples!!

Unread 11/24/2006, 11:43 PM   #315
fload
Registered Member

http://www.walgreens.com/library/fin...ropin&id=18730
wow pricey

Unread 11/24/2006, 11:55 PM   #316
VCoo71
Moved On

^ "1 pill of somatropin"

its a pill not an injection!

charlie

Unread 11/24/2006, 11:58 PM   #317
fload
Registered Member

no its an injection

Unread 11/25/2006, 03:22 AM   #318
boxfishpooalot
Registered Member

very nice tanks!

One question:
Do any tanks make use of a refugium with macro algae growing?

Or do all just use zeovit? Im curious as to what the main export of N, and P are?

Thanks, Box

Current Tank Info: 220 galon mixed reef.
Unread 11/25/2006, 07:53 AM   #319
invincible569
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by VCoo71
^ "1 pill of somatropin"

its a pill not an injection!

charlie
It usually depends on the brand. There are several brands out there for somatropin. The most common today are injectables. Pills are harder on the liver as some of you workout fanatics know. If you go to Google Images and look up somatropin, you will see that there is a good selection of brands.

Unread 11/25/2006, 08:00 AM   #320
trueblackpercula
Registered Member

I would like to take the plung In this new world of HGH. But the more i think about it the more I wanted to do it . The only problem is I do not want to install a calcium reactor. Is this 100% needed to obtain the diesired levels? or can I get by with out it?
Michael
P.S. My doctor told me if I wanted it he would be more then glade to prescribe it to me for the cause LMAO

Unread 11/25/2006, 11:05 AM   #321
SunnyX
Moved On

I found another site with super potent HGH but its $1600.

Unread 11/25/2006, 11:38 AM   #322
SERVO
Registered Member

All hail and praise the great Italian reefers :bow:

Unread 11/25/2006, 11:42 AM   #323
Dejavu
ReefKeeping Mag staff

Quote:
The only problem is I do not want to install a calcium reactor. Is this 100% needed to obtain the diesired levels? or can I get by with out it?
I think this will help anwser your question

Quote:
When running the Blu Coral method, you paramater values have to be set at the following values:

Ca 500
Mg 1500
KH 12
PH 8
Sr 16-25
I2 0,06
IMO the easyest way of get these paramater is by useing a reactor. Ca and KH value could be abtained w/ a doser using a 2 par, but the MG level would be hard to get.

Unread 11/25/2006, 11:50 AM   #324
Obi-dad
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dejavu
...but the MG level would be hard to get.
Actually, raising/maintaining Mg is cheap and easy with the '3rd part' of Randy H-F's 2-part , using Mag chloride (specific type of ice melter) and epsom salts.

Visit our CTARS club website by clicking my RC name then 'visit homepage' - and please support your LFS

Current Tank Info: 75g mostly stonies. DIY LEDs (24 CW XP-G, 48 RB XR-E) on dwizum CAT4101 drivers, DIY Hydra controller, SSB, Korallin Ca Reactor, Euroreef skimmer
Unread 11/25/2006, 12:36 PM   #325
SERVO
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by invincible569
Here are the HGH tanks from a while back.. not sure what they look like today. Would love to see updates on these.

Maurizio's tank which was just started HGH

Holy H*ll!!! I missed that clam! THat is the biggest maxima that I have ever seen in captivity! I have a friend who has a clam that is about 16-18 inches long and about 10 inches wide, but it dwarfs in comparison to that monster!!!!!

The easiest anc cheapest way to maintain your Mg is to put Dolamite into your reactor. Dolomite is found at any gardening store and is just limestone high in Mg. THe only downside is that you need to have your reactor effluent <6.4/6.3. This means that using the Caribsea ARM media is out of the question, you will have to use larger pieces of coral in your media.

Closed Thread