Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 02/24/2009, 09:27 PM   #51
LAK
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DiscoReefRover
you nmean to tell me I bit all my nails down to nubbs for a bangai cardnal....??? LOL ..cool fish I was thinking of getting about 6 of them soon..
Sorry Sean....I will bring cash to the next C-SEA meeting so that you can get a manicure and fix those nails right up! lol

But yeah...I think they are pretty cool..plus they dont really swim..they hover...which is key when you only have a 12 gallon tank lol

Unread 02/24/2009, 09:33 PM   #52
LAK
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Padrino
Beautiful job on the light fixture using the conduit. Great Idea, Somehow i lost my subscription when the thread split.

Lak,
looking forward to your build thread. Hope all is going well.
My own build thread...it definitely will be interesting haha

Unread 02/25/2009, 12:32 AM   #53
Tswifty
Registered Member

Gettin there... bout 50% transferred... most of the larger stuff went in tonight, as well as about 15 snails.

Some shots I liked.

Steel Blue Chalice & Mini RBTA:

My new Rose Millepora (ORA Tri-Color Valida post surgery in the background):

Last edited by Tswifty; 02/25/2009 at 12:42 AM.
Unread 02/25/2009, 12:40 AM   #54
Tswifty
Registered Member

Quote:
Beautiful job on the light fixture using the conduit. Great Idea, Somehow i lost my subscription when the thread split.

Lak,
looking forward to your build thread. Hope all is going well.
Thanks... I'm hoping to get it painted tomorrow, spent most of tonight dipping and transferring corals... only meant to transfer my 2 surgery patients, and my new milli... but got a little carried away.

Right before the thread split, the thread got "stuck." Anyway, for some reason after the Mod fixed it... everyone (including myself) lost their subscription.

Unread 02/25/2009, 07:29 AM   #55
HumanIMDB
Premium Member

The tank looks amazing TJ!

Will do computer support for frags. :)

Click on the Red House to see our AGA92 Corner Reef Tank Build thread.

Current Tank Info: 10 Gal (Aqualight 96W Quad 50/50, AquaClear Power Filter 70 with Chaeto lit by 6500K Bulb, AquaClear Power Head 20, 50w Tronic Heater), 92 Gal All-Glass Corner (Cycling)
Unread 02/25/2009, 07:33 AM   #56
PhilipOSU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LAK
Thanks! It's okay. We went and bought another one tonight and they are now in the tank together...swimming side by side..and they are both eating!
Both eating!! That is key with these cardinals. I had originally gotten a pair for my 20G at work. I had bought them via an online retailer and they never started eating!!! I ended up losing them both. I have read that they have a tendency to be finicky eaters.

Unread 02/25/2009, 07:51 AM   #57
Padrino
Registered Member

TJ
the tank looks amazing. when you say you did dips before transfering corals do you mean freshwater dips or coral revive?

Unread 02/25/2009, 07:51 AM   #58
LAK
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilipOSU
Both eating!! That is key with these cardinals. I had originally gotten a pair for my 20G at work. I had bought them via an online retailer and they never started eating!!! I ended up losing them both. I have read that they have a tendency to be finicky eaters.
Ya! Well these guys are babies that were tank bread at the store. TJ says the tank bread ones are hardier then the ones from the wild. I'm relieved they are eating! I told him they will probs be full grown adults by the time they get into my tank though, after he's done coral scaping and whatnot lol

Unread 02/25/2009, 01:36 PM   #59
Tswifty
Registered Member

Laura's Build:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...readid=1585121

Unread 02/25/2009, 01:39 PM   #60
Tswifty
Registered Member

Still have a lot of livestock to transfer from the frag tank... need more glue though.

Unread 02/25/2009, 01:41 PM   #61
HumanIMDB
Premium Member

Subscribed!

Current Tank Info: 10 Gal (Aqualight 96W Quad 50/50, AquaClear Power Filter 70 with Chaeto lit by 6500K Bulb, AquaClear Power Head 20, 50w Tronic Heater), 92 Gal All-Glass Corner (Cycling)
Unread 02/25/2009, 01:43 PM   #62
Padrino
Registered Member

Wow you still have tons of frags in the frag tank.how much of that will be donated to the girlfriends tank?

Unread 02/25/2009, 01:44 PM   #63
Tswifty
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HumanIMDB
The tank looks amazing TJ!
Thanks Chris, I'm hoping the colors will rebound nicely in the new system. I had some odd color morphs in the frag system... and not all of them were for the better.
Quote:
Originally posted by PhilipOSU
I'm a little worried about the new guy... he was swimming a little funny when the lights kicked on. So I'm not sure if he's struggling or just a little shellshocked from the lights coming on.

Also, I don't know if he ate or not this morning... The smaller of the 2 is a little aggressive SOB though when I feed the tank.

Quote:
TJ
the tank looks amazing. when you say you did dips before transfering corals do you mean freshwater dips or coral revive?
Thanks, I performed 15 minute coral dips in Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure before adding the corals to the new tank. I'm having a flatworm issue in the frag tank, and really don't want to transfer it to the new system.

Unread 02/25/2009, 01:46 PM   #64
Padrino
Registered Member

Salifert FW exit works well even on nudis..

http://www.practicalcoralfarming.com/zoonudis.html

Unread 02/25/2009, 01:50 PM   #65
Tswifty
Registered Member

Quote:
Wow you still have tons of frags in the frag tank.how much of that will be donated to the girlfriends tank?
Yeah I was shocked how much was still in there. I didn't realize how much I had collected over the past few months... we'll see what goes into her tank. The little tank only has PC lighting on it, so we'll test out some lower end SPS pieces here and there, and gradually work our way up the scale to my nicer stuff.

I'm going to try to figure out a way to mod the unit with more powerful lighting, and would really like to try and get t5's in there.
Quote:
Salifert FW exit works well even on nudis..

http://www.practicalcoralfarming.com/zoonudis.html
I've used it before and still have a little left. Just was reluctant to dose the small system with it... especially with my nice stuff in there. I don't clean the side or back walls of the frag tank, so there are probably hundreds on each wall that I can't see. Once I get the fish out... I'm going to scrape down the walls with a razorblade, do a water change, then dose the tank.

I've got fish coming Friday morning, and need to use the 20 long as a QT tank... so just about everything will need to be out by then.

Unread 02/25/2009, 01:56 PM   #66
Padrino
Registered Member

Awesome make sure you take some pics of where everything went and the QT tank once the new arrivals come. great Work!

Unread 02/25/2009, 02:04 PM   #67
HumanIMDB
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tswifty
I've got fish coming Friday morning, and need to use the 20 long as a QT tank... so just about everything will need to be out by then.
What is your QT setup/regimen? I'm not sure if you detailed it yet or not...

Unread 02/25/2009, 02:06 PM   #68
HumanIMDB
Premium Member

The reason I ask is because we haven't got ours setup yet (haven't even purchased any of the equipment yet) and the LFS just got a Royal Gramma in; the next fish on our stock list.

I may just sneak it in with another Jedi mind trick.

Unread 02/25/2009, 02:30 PM   #69
Tswifty
Registered Member

Quote:
Awesome make sure you take some pics of where everything went and the QT tank once the new arrivals come. great Work!
Thanks... Will do.
Quote:
What is your QT setup/regimen? I'm not sure if you detailed it yet or not...
I usually acclimate then FW dip new arrivals before placing them into QT. Then I just keep them in QT long enough to get them eating on a regular basis, and to make sure they are healthy (usually 2 weeks). If they get sick, then I move them to a hospital tank for treatment.

With the fish coming Friday, they will be added to QT right away... then FW dipped one week into QT, then placed back into QT for another week, or however long it takes to get them eating regularly.

My QT procedure all depends on the fish. I don't like to QT Shrimpgobies, Mandarins, or fish like that... and usually just FW dip them and place them directly into the display.
Quote:
The reason I ask is because we haven't got ours setup yet (haven't even purchased any of the equipment yet) and the LFS just got a Royal Gramma in; the next fish on our stock list.

I may just sneak it in with another Jedi mind trick.

I thought you were referencing the Montipora Undata "Emma's Jedi Mind Tricks"

Unread 02/25/2009, 02:37 PM   #70
PhilipOSU
Registered Member

New fish, nice!! What fish did you choose and did you order them from RHS?

Unread 02/25/2009, 02:52 PM   #71
Tswifty
Registered Member

It's a surprise. I've got a few different things coming.

Yeah I ordered them from www.reefhotspot.com

Unread 02/25/2009, 02:55 PM   #72
HumanIMDB
Premium Member

Oh the anticip......ation!

Unread 02/25/2009, 03:16 PM   #73
kudora
thread reader

sweet, as soon as i can actually order livestock in i will be ordering from them.

"Paul b"

Current Tank Info: 84 gallon(60x18x18) tank, 40 breeder frag, 30 gallon lps
Unread 02/25/2009, 03:55 PM   #74
LAK
Registered Member

I have a build thread lol?

Unread 02/25/2009, 10:02 PM   #75
PhilipOSU
Registered Member

Well after taking a look at the RHS inventory and sales I am sure that TJ is getting one of the two or maybe both of the clown gobies that are on sale...HAHA!!! Actually my bet is on some Anthias. Time will tell.

Closed Thread