Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/04/2017, 10:53 AM   #751
nore
Registered Member

No doubt =)

It´s weird how it can change parameters by it self , but i guess it is built in feature.

nore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/23/2017, 07:54 PM   #752
Griffter18
Registered Member

New Doser

Having just bought a 5th Kore and now read through all these pages I don't know what to expect but hopefully there's enough happy users to point me in the right direction for my queries.

Doser firmware has been updated to latest version via my IMac without problem.
I've calibrated each head and will run a series of test. On calibration I checked what had been saved and it matched my test programme so hopefully by end of tomorrow I should know if the Doser is dosing correct amounts under a single dose.
Q1. Can someone explain the different dosing option i.e. 1,2,c5 etc and what they provide.
Q2. If selecting more than one dose how do you ensure that doses aren't at the same time

Q3. Not to do with dosing but temp. The probe seems to have a little rubber cap on it. Should this be left on or taken off. Plan to use it for high/low alarm function as I use a temp controller.

Q4. I currently run a reefloat atu. The kore 5th has a built in atu function. How reliable have users found it with the optical sensor. Switching would save me a plug outlet and I can then move the reefloat to holiday duty to keep the atu filled.

Q6. What are the different flow rates used for and which am I better using. Will be using reeflowers all, calc,mag & elements + nopox. I have the dropper fitting as well as the standard one.

Q6. If using nopox do I need different tubing if so which type as there was only one kind in the box.

Q7. Some of the dosing heads make a slightly different noise. How do I check they've been assembled properly. Is there some instructions or a video I can watch

Q8. NRVs. Should they be installed pre or post Doser or should I run them at both ends

Q9. Unit came with some different tube for use in the dosing heads what are they for?

First impressions are its a very well built and good looking unit which just fits into the right cabinate of my RSR350
No problems connecting via Bluetooth with the iMac despite it being on floor above.
Firmware update was easy and only took a few mins.
Software and unit setup would benefit with a bit more user friendliness via the manual.
Connectivity seems ok and I'm using iPad to remote into the iMac and control the Doser without issue.

Griffter18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2017, 03:44 AM   #753
akela
Registered Member

I'm using my Kore5th for almost 2 years now and don't have bad things to say. It might not be perfect but it works and has lots of good things.

One thing I'm disappointed in, it's still doesn't have mobile app that was promised long time ago. So any time I want to communicate with the doser, I have to turn my laptop on which is not a deal breaker, but mobile app would help a lot.

A lot of your questions could be answered just reading instructions
http://static.fachowcy.pl/files/3219...anual_1.6a.pdf

Q1. Choose any of these options and you will see how software divides the doses over period of time. If you are dosing 120ml of solution and choose option 12, and your first dose let's say at 01:00, then doser will dose 10ml of the solution every 2 hours

Q4. The ATO works fine for me, never missed a beat, I'm very happy with it. I use optical sensor and it works great

Q7. Never worried about different noise coming from the heads. Once they are calibrated I check the calibration from time to time and if it stays the same there is nothing to worry about

Q9. The different tubing in the package is for fast flow. Once installed tubing on the heads wore out, I have replaced with included fast flow tubing and chose fast flow on the software. It doses liquid in fast flow more precise than with other tubing.

Play with the software and you should have no problems working this doser.

akela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2017, 06:40 AM   #754
wcharon
Registered Member

I have also been using it and I am very pleased.

Always double check when you make a change to be sure it says what you specified.

I also check my calibration monthly...

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. Reef, Chiller 1/4, Skimmer SRO SSS-1000 (Old), Aquamaxx EM-200, Aqua C UV, Actinic ReefBrites, Kore 5th. Doser, APEX Full
wcharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2017, 07:03 AM   #755
PacSun Service
Registered Member

Hello.

Let me answer for rest of questions.

2 - When You set how many doses per day You need You will see daily shedule of dosing.
3 - Cap should be on optical sensor. Please not remove it.
5 - Flow speed depend on single dose. If You will dose much fluid please choose fast flow. If You need drops please choose moderate or precise flow.
6 - Now in all dosing heads we use Pharmed Bpt tubbings which could dose nopox.
8 - NRV should be mounted on end of each tubbing output.

Best regards

Pacific Sun Service.

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2017, 05:23 PM   #756
Griffter18
Registered Member

2. I don't seem to see any detailed dosing schedule on the IMac software.
3. Question related to temp sensor not optical.
6. So are you saying that the clear tube from the Doser is also nopox compatible
8. No mention of NRVs in documents and I'm not sure which way round to mount them

Thanks

Griffter18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/28/2017, 05:58 PM   #757
HelenofTroy
Registered Member

Anyone know the differences in the 4 different models? There is the (1) main unit only, (2) regular, (3) pro, and (4) ultimate.

For the main unit only: does it have the temperature probe, and how finely can it dose?

HelenofTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2017, 04:43 AM   #758
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hi,
There is no Regular version available actually.
There are:
1) Starter Edition - include Kore 5th unit and power supply
2) Base unit(also called Main unit) - include doser, power supply, acrylic holder for tubings and 10m of additional tubing for doser connection
3) PRO - include above(like in Base) but also - optical sensor for ATO, DC pump for ATO, digital temperature sensor.
4) Ultimate - include everything like in PRO - but also AWC(automatic water change module with two DC pumps), top/bottle acrylic holder.

Regards

Przemek

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2017, 01:08 PM   #759
Jos1965
Registered Member

How are you with the app to control the doseer mvg Jos

Jos1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2017, 03:08 PM   #760
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

In this week we release app for Diuna T5 lamps, next week we should finish for SMR(Pandora Hyperion S/Metis Hyperion S) and last - for Kore5th.
But please remember that this application will have limited functionality - Customer will can check bottle status, adjust dosing amount per day in each channel separately and do basic adjustment for ATO. For more advanced settings (like calibrations, advanced dosing settings etc) PC/Mac application should due used.

Regards

Przemek

Unread 03/07/2017, 02:45 PM   #761
miralami
Registered Member

Hi Przemek,

I ordered mine (Order #1350) and looking forward to set it up.
Can you please help getting the doser ship to me soon?

Good to hear you are releasing new software as well, I love my Pandora S.

Thanks

miralami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/17/2017, 12:42 PM   #762
truepercs
Registered Member

Hello all,

I just want everyone to know that my doser is working again. I am in the process of calibrating and hopefully things will be off and running. Kore 5th tech folks worked with me. The problem was not bluetooth, nor the power supply. It ended up being the motherboard in which I sent back and they fixed free of charge. (Despite being out of warranty,which I consider fair since I have not been able to use much during the warranty)

The issue may have been created by me. Generally from what was explained that this may have been caused by plugging an item in one of the back ports without turning the unit off first. I may have done this when trying to set up the optical sensor.

Although it took quite some time to get the motherboard back from Poland, I am excited to give this another try as my aquarium is doing well and it really would be nice to automate my two part schedule. I am in the process of calibrating and hope that the product will give me years of service as it out of the warranty date.

At this point I was able to connect to bluetooth easily, and since I had older firmware I connected via emergency tab and was able to upgrade the firmware. It takes a bit of time but all went fine.

My hope is to have this set up shortly and will monitor the dose a couple of days before allowing it to dose the aquarium.

-Ed

Unread 03/17/2017, 01:29 PM   #763
serenity
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepercs View Post
Hello all,

I just want everyone to know that my doser is working again. I am in the process of calibrating and hopefully things will be off and running. Kore 5th tech folks worked with me. The problem was not bluetooth, nor the power supply. It ended up being the motherboard in which I sent back and they fixed free of charge. (Despite being out of warranty,which I consider fair since I have not been able to use much during the warranty)

The issue may have been created by me. Generally from what was explained that this may have been caused by plugging an item in one of the back ports without turning the unit off first. I may have done this when trying to set up the optical sensor.

Although it took quite some time to get the motherboard back from Poland, I am excited to give this another try as my aquarium is doing well and it really would be nice to automate my two part schedule. I am in the process of calibrating and hope that the product will give me years of service as it out of the warranty date.

At this point I was able to connect to bluetooth easily, and since I had older firmware I connected via emergency tab and was able to upgrade the firmware. It takes a bit of time but all went fine.

My hope is to have this set up shortly and will monitor the dose a couple of days before allowing it to dose the aquarium.

-Ed
Whooo hooooo!!! Get that baby fired up!!

Unread 03/17/2017, 01:59 PM   #764
andrek787
Registered Member

Damn, this is just what I was hopping for!!!

https://************.com/2017/03/17/...ser-ecosystem/

Unread 03/17/2017, 06:05 PM   #765
truepercs
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrek787 View Post
Damn, this is just what I was hopping for!!!

https://************.com/2017/03/17/...ser-ecosystem/

Most likely a substantial price tag...

Unread 03/17/2017, 06:18 PM   #766
andrek787
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepercs View Post
Most likely a substantial price tag...
Only 450 euros according to pacsun's FB page. With current exchange rate and VAT factored in that beats the hell out of paying $1250 for kh guardian. If Kore 5th is doing all of the "controller" part, then that make price makes sense. I am hopping it has its own pumps and doesn't require a whole Kore 5th to itself to function.

Przemek, kudos to you guys at Pacific Sun!!!

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Unread 03/18/2017, 09:02 PM   #767
andrek787
Registered Member

Almost finished with improvements to the AWC setup on my Kore 5th....

Wired AWC DC pump accessory to a pair of new Spectrapure litermeters. These are the newest generation designed for continuous operation.

Unread 03/19/2017, 09:59 PM   #768
andrek787
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrek787 View Post
Almost finished with improvements to the AWC setup on my Kore 5th....

Wired AWC DC pump accessory to a pair of new Spectrapure litermeters. These are the newest generation designed for continuous operation.

Well, looks like this experiment turned into a very expensive mistake. Everything tested and calibrated perfectly. Finished plumbing in the new pumps and left the AWC work. Noticed the pump 1 would stop after few seconds when pumping out water. Did a firmware update, clean memory, reset settings, now neither the litermeters nor internal pumps are turning over. I guess 5w litermiters were just too much for Kore 5th to handle.

Unread 03/19/2017, 11:15 PM   #769
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Please contact with service - they will give you informations what can be wrong (maybe litermeter pumps take too high current?)

Unread 03/19/2017, 11:41 PM   #770
andrek787
Registered Member

I sent them an email already. I repeated the trouble shooting procedure again (firmware update, memory clean and load defaults) with the doser right next to the bluetooth adapter. With everything but the power disconnected, the internal dosing pumps do not respond when turned on manually via the software. I think you are right, the litermeters probably overloaded a voltage regulator in the kore 5th. One thing I have not tried is a different powersupply. What is the required amperage on the PSU?, I am honestly not even certain I have been using the original one.

Unread 03/19/2017, 11:50 PM   #771
andrek787
Registered Member

It is a rather ironic outcome, as the main reason I did this was not wear out the internal pumps with these large WCs. Hindsight, I should of just used relays....

Unread 03/20/2017, 02:40 AM   #772
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Yes, relays would be perfect solution - they not drain too much current and you can connect any other pumps by them.
Power supply should have 12v and 1A

Unread 03/20/2017, 09:56 AM   #773
andrek787
Registered Member

I got a quick response from Tomasz, but my options are limited to sending in the mainboard to Poland to attempt a repair. As I need a replacement asap, I guess I will need to purchase a starter edition to use in the meanwhile.

If there are any "unsatisfied" owners willing to part with their units, I would be happy to take it off your hands.

Unread 03/20/2017, 12:26 PM   #774
andrek787
Registered Member

Ended up ordering a new Kore 5th starter from Deepwater to use while Pacific Sun attempts to fix the main board on my old one. Great service as usual.

Unread 03/20/2017, 07:25 PM   #775
erik2302
Registered Member

Are you using a mac?

I've found that I need to connect, soft reset then pump 1 works. Soft reset and pump 2 will work but pump one won't.

To make changes I have to make the change and calibrate again, soft reset then disconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erik2302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
junk trash