Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/16/2017, 01:47 AM   #1
Dirte_Plumber
Registered Member

Building Bio-Tower with Modded Korallin Calcium Reactor...Any Suggestions on My Desig

So Currently, Getting Seeded with Bacteria and Bio-Loading.

Currently measuring twice, re-designing three times and back n forth.

Running Some Salinity Tests in mean time also with Chaeto.

Simple Start High Velocity Airflow to Create Water Movement and Increasing Gas exchanges
On Original Modded Design:
"Korallin Modded Bio-Tower"
I Raised the Bottom of Bio-Tower 3-4", Ran A Piece of Round Filter Element. Then Packed on the Crushed Coral 2/3 Run Vertical, Another Circular Filter Element.... Then Pure Water to Top With Chaeto Tumbling. The Stock intake and exhaust are about 3/8"... So first fab to plumbing was 1/2", yet didn't work best..

So Changing Intake/Exhaust process of changing plumbing and type of PVC used to 3/4.

But as I dazed off Today, kept thinking..Not Content with overall design, ability to do so much more with raw materials and design itself..

So Started Improving Design, thought about how its technically designed as Updraft Style Flow through Unit...

Then Thought About original design almost like deep sand bed with Plenum... Original Design was supposed to create more plenum style yet only would work if I tapped bottom. And Tried to Section Bottom off slightly different..

Which got me yo think of how the exhaust on top could be T-d and one back to system while other recirculates back down and updrafts as well...Been working out the Ball Valves, Reductions for added Head Pressure Return, alleviating Back Pressure within Unit..

Any Thoughts?
Also thinking about Running Dedicated Airlines into Tower: Added Turbulence, Ability to Service with more flow and possible Ozone use before my Carbon Reactor Built...
Anything?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Dirte_Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/16/2017, 01:52 AM   #2
Dirte_Plumber
Registered Member

1st Pic- Bio-Load and Bacteria Seeding Beginning Mod Design.
2nd Pic- Intended Updraft and Re-Circulatory Updraft design.
3rd Pic- Reduction Plumbing Ideas to Increase Exhaust Head Pressure and Relieving Internal Back Pressure..
4th Pic- Internal Flow Chart Design

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Dirte_Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote