Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Greater Connecticut Area Regional Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/09/2014, 09:57 AM   #501
jgraz
Registered Member

I thanked Jon on another thread but figure a shot here as well. He did a great job setting this up and we had a great time as well.

Not only did I sell a ton but I ended up making out well too and found a few things that I've been looking for. Def coming back next year.

jgraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/09/2014, 11:49 AM   #502
shayna123
Registered Member

Thank you so much Jon! Bruno and I had a blast as always. Totally different experience bringing a tank. At first, when we were up at 4am getting everything together and then getting set up at the market I was thinking "this was a mistake:. FFM is my favorite day of the whole year, all fun. This time it was work. But after we were settled in to our spot and things started rolling we had a really great time. On the way I was saying never again, on the way home I was already planning for next year. I didn't get to visit all the other booths but I got to chat with a lot of wonderful people I wouldn't have if I didn't have a booth.
We were set up next to the school tank, those kids worked so hard and did a great job! Jon, you are the kind of teacher we all wish we had and clearly your students feel the same way. Thank you

shayna123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/09/2014, 02:11 PM   #503
pjb9166
Registered Member

I agree about the Aqua Dreams comment. Chris had an amazing display. Offering full range of prices and beautiful specimens.
Nice job.

pjb9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/09/2014, 02:37 PM   #504
sassAwrasse
Registered Member

It was definitely fun for us. This was our first time selling at the FFM. Helped us behave in terms of spending, as we didn't buy too much this year. It was great talking to everyone about reef stuff.

And thanks again to Jon and everyone that made this a success. Looking forward to the next one.

sassAwrasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/09/2014, 04:13 PM   #505
skydvr
Registered Member

Thanks so much for putting this on. I am already looking forward to next year's event.
I'm just getting my tank set up, so I wasn't ready to purchase any corals yet, but enjoyed seeing what people had an talking with them.

I wish I didn't wait so long to try and buy that frag tank. Someone snagged it before I made it back through. Does anybody know who it was that was selling the frag tank? I think they were from the Jersey or Long Island area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotchute View Post
I really enjoyed talking to the guy from NH with the small $10 zoa frag station - he really embraced the spirit of the hobby!
Spent a bit talking with him too. He was really enthusiastic and having a good time with it. Glad to see there are others out there finding alternate ways to enjoy the hobby without investing large sums of money buying all the latest and greatest. (Going back to school, I don't have the budget for all that stuff)

skydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/09/2014, 05:06 PM   #506
fitch4
Registered Member

I know Madtanks had one left over at the end of the market for $150 if you want to contact him.

fitch4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2014, 09:24 AM   #507
Useful_Idiot
Artificially Intelligent

Thanks Jon that was a great show. And thanks to everyone who bought coral from me. It really helped me recoup some money for my next rebuild and I'm glad some of the harder to find stuff is staying in the club. Wish I could've talked to more people but I couldn't leave my table for too long.

Current Tank Info: 150 DD
Useful_Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2014, 09:34 AM   #508
GobyWanKenobie
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassAwrasse View Post
It was definitely fun for us. This was our first time selling at the FFM. Helped us behave in terms of spending, as we didn't buy too much this year. It was great talking to everyone about reef stuff.

And thanks again to Jon and everyone that made this a success. Looking forward to the next one.
Thanks for the lobo. It's opening up nicely and has good color. I'm glad I finally bought it!

Unread 03/10/2014, 10:04 AM   #509
blasto_master
Registered Member

This was one awesome event! I had a great time adding some new pieces to my collection as well as distributing some of my frags. Thank you Jon and everybody else who helped put this together

Current Tank Info: 120 Gallon SPS/ 55 Gallon Zoa
blasto_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2014, 11:58 AM   #510
phillrodrigo
Registered Member

I wouldnt mind doing a table with someone next year. Theres so many people you almost need a timeout for awhile. Do a table with a person or 2 and take turns making rounds. I dont do well in big crowd's. Some of the people were just rude. I would be in a lin3 to look and people would barge in in the front. Eventually I gave up and went home.

phillrodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2014, 12:22 PM   #511
Tweaked
FUP&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillrodrigo View Post
I wouldnt mind doing a table with someone next year. Theres so many people you almost need a timeout for awhile. Do a table with a person or 2 and take turns making rounds. I dont do well in big crowd's. Some of the people were just rude. I would be in a lin3 to look and people would barge in in the front. Eventually I gave up and went home.
Oh he## no. I would push back lol. My wife kept letting them push her around to the point I would grab their shoulder, smile, and move them to the back! I don't care who you are, were not savages.

Unread 03/10/2014, 12:44 PM   #512
sassAwrasse
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobyWanKenobie View Post
Thanks for the lobo. It's opening up nicely and has good color. I'm glad I finally bought it!
Glad you're happy with it. The other piece didn't sell so we have some for our tank too.

Unread 03/10/2014, 12:56 PM   #513
mtc1966
Registered Member

not a crowd person myself ideally for me this would be spread out over more rooms with three venders a room . know its not feasible but one can dream,

65g seahorse tank 20g sump with a reef octopus skimmer ,tlf 150 reactor, red sea ozone generator controller,cpr hob fuge with light and 2 China led lights one 42x1 w and one 24x3 w. occupied by 4 ecectus seahorses a couple small gobies and cuc.

Current Tank Info: 58g main with 20g sump
mtc1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2014, 01:02 PM   #514
jgraz
Registered Member

Personally I can't imagine have any more room. The room we were in was perfect. Four vendors, 2 of them with pretty extensive displays and there was still space for more. Actually I'm gonna shoot for the same room next year.

jgraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2014, 02:16 PM   #515
mtc1966
Registered Member

maybe access to a empty classroom were one could go take a break maybe talk shop with a few people away from the crowd would be cool.
you know a reefers lounge

65g seahorse tank 20g sump with a reef octopus skimmer ,tlf 150 reactor, red sea ozone generator controller,cpr hob fuge with light and 2 China led lights one 42x1 w and one 24x3 w. occupied by 4 ecectus seahorses a couple small gobies and cuc.

Unread 03/10/2014, 02:32 PM   #516
fitch4
Registered Member

I'm working on a few changes for next year. I figure we clear the 1000 mark next year for people and I have some thoughts on how to make that work.

fitch4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2014, 02:36 PM   #517
mtc1966
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch4 View Post
I'm working on a few changes for next year. I figure we clear the 1000 mark next year for people and I have some thoughts on how to make that work.
it can only get better. thanks for the nice deals Jon . it looked like you needed at least 3 clones of yourself they way you were being pulled in every direction.

Unread 03/10/2014, 02:36 PM   #518
Tweaked
FUP&A Member

Pass out boxing gloves lol. All joking aside, it wasn't bad at all for the amount of peeps. Just had to let some know from time to time to wait their turn. Just give Brian a badge and a baton to smack us around from time to time.

Unread 03/10/2014, 07:13 PM   #519
sassAwrasse
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraz View Post
Personally I can't imagine have any more room. The room we were in was perfect. Four vendors, 2 of them with pretty extensive displays and there was still space for more. Actually I'm gonna shoot for the same room next year.
Loving the montis I traded with you. Thanks again.

Unread 03/10/2014, 08:11 PM   #520
Masedaddy
SPS/Chalice Collector

I am deeply saddened that I wasn't able to come to this shindig. My wife being so close to her due date has given me the royal decree that I will available at a moments notice if things start to happen. Which I can't really blame her.... But I would have loved to make it to the FFM. Well there is always next year....

Current Tank Info: 57G Oceanic Illuminata Display, 30G Deep Blue Frag Tank, 50 Gallon Custom Sump, Tunze 9415 DOC Skimmer, 36 in and 16 in SeaLife LEDs with T5HO supplement, Denitrator, Tunze ATO, Jebao Doser, 2x Ecotech MP10s
Masedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2014, 08:52 PM   #521
mtc1966
Registered Member

Family first

Tags
ffm, frag, frags, sale, swap