Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/08/2019, 07:34 PM   #26
RBU1
Moving on Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThRoewer View Post
I think I did precisely that in my post above. BTW, according to one of the LFS here those Ventralis are just $65 wholesale.
With other fish that are "easier" to acclimate they may have less markup but they are still significantly more expensive compared to what local stores here charge for those.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just saying something doesn’t prove it. I want to see fully quarantined fish at the price you said. Post a link. All the fish from
TSM are quarantined for 6 weeks and are all eating. Don’t care what you say your not going to find anyone that takes the time and treats like TSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBU1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2019, 07:43 AM   #27
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

To each their own. I for one have way too much time and money invested into this hobby to ever trust anyone but myself to QT. There are other places that QT fish but they are typically rare and ultra rare fish so you will pay a high price regardless

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Dmorty217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2019, 02:33 PM   #28
alton
Registered Member

I check TSM now everyday but it seems their stock is limited. I don't call my setup QT as much as I call it isolation. If the new animal dies in a few weeks, its tough. But not as bad as infecting my existing fish in my display tank. I have had that happen and it sux.

alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2019, 02:34 PM   #29
RBU1
Moving on Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by alton View Post
I check TSM now everyday but it seems their stock is limited. I don't call my setup QT as much as I call it isolation. If the new animal dies in a few weeks, its tough. But not as bad as infecting my existing fish in my display tank. I have had that happen and it sux.

There stock is by far limited. The updating of the website is the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBU1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2019, 07:42 PM   #30
Lacy
Ex FMAS bod member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTaylor View Post
FWIW and to add to those with a credit. Im pretty sure that credit or loyalty credit , etc expires pretty quickly now. That was a change a few months ago. I didnt know about the box charge or no more real guarantee on expert only. I'm lucky with my ritteri! . I got it not knowing about that expert only lack of guarantee. LUCKILY it wasnt sick when I got it. Or sick soon after with something it had in shipment of from them etccccccc. I would have thought twice if I kneow there was no guarantee. It's good actually I did not see that, as I just pretty much got lucky with mine.
Same with my OSFF. I got those though before the changes. I probably wouldnt have noticed that until I saw this post. So whoever said dont complain. I'm glad you did!
If you're in the state of Florida there is a law that the credits can't expire. Check with your state to see if they also have one.
https://www.lakelandlaw.com/refunds-and-store-credits/

Current Tank Info: 180 gal mixed reef
Lacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/11/2019, 09:25 AM   #31
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

The column states "credits issued in Florida" so it might not hold water here.

Unread 12/11/2019, 09:38 AM   #32
alton
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Kreyling View Post
The column states "credits issued in Florida" so it might not hold water here.
I saw that too. To me a year to buy and use up your credit is long enough. As a company I would not want to hold a credit for multiple years.
On another note
https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/...&c=15+1637+748
I am guessing the $300 market busted?

Unread 12/11/2019, 06:28 PM   #33
NYCBOB
Registered Member

Can the credit be used as part of the $150 to get free shipping?

NYCBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/12/2019, 06:37 AM   #34
alton
Registered Member

In the past if the fish started out at $149 you received free shipping.
Also my LFS can now get Bluespot Jawfish for $100

Unread 12/17/2019, 04:08 PM   #35
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

I just used up my credit with LA! Woo!

I called and spoke to a human, and she happily applied my credits to my order of supplies. I will NOT be buying live fish from them again!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/17/2019, 04:15 PM   #36
Bpb
Registered Member

Psychologically it just makes More sense to bundle the packaging supplies in with your livestock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2020, 09:06 AM   #37
usmc1812
Registered Member

Just stop buying from them. When their sales go down and they are holding onto their fish longer, maybe they will get the point. As long as people want to pay ridiculous prices they will continue to nickel and dime you.

usmc1812 is offline   Reply With Quote