Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/12/2012, 04:51 PM   #1
whodah
Who Dah?

Little help separating 6045/6055 parts

Hi Roger,

Could you please help me get a couple of Tunze nanostreams up to par? I'd like to replace the parts necessary to make them quieter and ommit the stainless steel ring. Here is what I've got (click any image to make it larger):

6045_A

Note the metal washer/spacer between the pump and impellor. There is a white spacer looking thing inside the pump on the shaft that does not appear to come off, or at least easily. (I did not try to force it.)

Another angle of the impellor:

Note the lack of any washer/spacer. (I'm thinking if there is supposed to be one that I lost it during a cleaning.) There is a black spacer looking thing inside the pump on the shaft that does not appear to come off, or at least easily. (I did not try to force it.)

Another angle of the impeller:

And I've also got these. I can google the part number of the black rings of course, which appears to be universal for the 6025, 6045 and 6055. But I am not sure which impellers those are...

So what would I need for these bad boys? (And then I'll replicate it on my other pumps too.)

Thanks,
-Jeremy

Current Tank Info: oodles. they change too often to list :o)
whodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2012, 09:54 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The disk design you show is a very early design, the 6025.740 with no metal disk is the current version, basically early on the plastic was a nylon material and it would grind down so the stainless steel disk was needed, the new material is reinforced with graphite and doesn't need the metal disk and is much quieter. The 6025.700 drive unit is the correct drive unit.

The 6055 can use the 6025.740 disk but in 2010 we introduced the 6055.740 disk, it is quieter and designed to absorb the click of off and on cycling, you will need a pick tool to hook and pull out the 6025.740 I can see in the pump. The 6055.700 drive unit is the correct drive unit for this pump, the impeller blades are bigger and fit tightly on the shaft, a 6025.700 drive unit the blades have free play and are rounded off (cut shorter).

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2012, 03:05 PM   #3
whodah
Who Dah?

Awesome. Thank you very much!

Current Tank Info: oodles. they change too often to list :o)
whodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2018, 10:23 AM   #4
Jtyjackson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
The disk design you show is a very early design, the 6025.740 with no metal disk is the current version, basically early on the plastic was a nylon material and it would grind down so the stainless steel disk was needed, the new material is reinforced with graphite and doesn't need the metal disk and is much quieter. The 6025.700 drive unit is the correct drive unit.

The 6055 can use the 6025.740 disk but in 2010 we introduced the 6055.740 disk, it is quieter and designed to absorb the click of off and on cycling, you will need a pick tool to hook and pull out the 6025.740 I can see in the pump. The 6055.700 drive unit is the correct drive unit for this pump, the impeller blades are bigger and fit tightly on the shaft, a 6025.700 drive unit the blades have free play and are rounded off (cut shorter).

Hello rvitko, I see you are based out of austin, I am in Houston so right down the road a bit!! I actually just submitted a technical service request on your website but came across this post. I am having an issue with my 6055 when the impeller doesn't seem balanced and rattles around, I noticed the disk that it seats in seems to be damaged which I understand can be replaced with the 6055.740. However I think I need a new impeller and possibly the bearing? I am not sure what all parts are needed to make up the entire impeller assembly, so your help would be much appreciated! Also, I cant find the best and quickest source of these parts, seems like most are distributed from europe. You would happen to have a stash in Austin with you would ya?

Jtyjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2018, 11:03 AM   #5
rvitko
RC Sponsor

All US tunze.com order ship from Austin. It sounds like the shaft is pulled out of the pump, the shaft is not replaceable and is a permanent part of the motor, so if this is pulled out the only repair is motor replacement unless the shaft can be reseated. The only replaceable parts are disk 6055.740 and drive unit 6055.700. The motor with shaft and controller is part 6055.100.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 03/23/2018, 08:02 AM   #6
Jtyjackson
Registered Member

Quote:
All US tunze.com order ship from Austin. It sounds like the shaft is pulled out of the pump, the shaft is not replaceable and is a permanent part of the motor, so if this is pulled out the only repair is motor replacement unless the shaft can be reseated. The only replaceable parts are disk 6055.740 and drive unit 6055.700. The motor with shaft and controller is part 6055.100.
Thank you rvitka,

I actually ordered an impeller and disk which arrived to me yesterday from you. Surprisingly, I was able to re-seat the shaft very tight and precise and installed everything back together. Unfortunately, I think when the impeller was wobbling around when the shaft was unseated previously it scraped some of the sides of the stator. I dont believe it damaged the stator but not really sure what is wrong. The impeller now will start and stop but not run continuously.

Thanks,Tyler

Unread 03/23/2018, 09:53 AM   #7
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The plastic and resin is about 3-4 mm thick so minor scratches will not be an issue except for noise. If the shaft is not bent then likely the motor has failed, if it ran for a long time in this condition it can cause overheating damage to the motor and circuitry inside.

Unread 03/23/2018, 04:21 PM   #8
Jtyjackson
Registered Member

Quote:
The plastic and resin is about 3-4 mm thick so minor scratches will not be an issue except for noise. If the shaft is not bent then likely the motor has failed, if it ran for a long time in this condition it can cause overheating damage to the motor and circuitry inside.
Aww man that is disappointing, looks like I spent $18 on parts for nothing now. Thanks for the info!

Unread 03/26/2018, 08:12 AM   #9
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Not necessarily, you likely still needed those parts and replacing the motor is still much cheaper than buying a complete 6055. Give me a call- 512-833-7546.