Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Marine Depot
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 09/09/2011, 04:57 PM   #1
MarineDepot
Sponsor
 
MarineDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 3,575
Exclamation PRE-ORDER: EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w LED Light Fixture

EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w LED Light Fixture



$749.00 w/ Free Shipping


Radion's superior quality and sleek design are a testament to EcoTech Marine's commitment to the best in aquarium technology.

The Radion XR30w is equipped with 34 energy-efficient LEDs in five controllable colors, hyper red, green, blue, royal blue and cool white. The Radion LED light is fully upgradeable -- specifically designed to be an evolving lighting solution. Radion is completely configurable via USB connectivity to set up advanced modes. Radion's wide light spread means more coverage and consistent color.

SPECIFICATIONS
EcoTech utilizes only the best of what's available in providing a functionally superior product. Five channels of high-efficiency, high-intensity LEDs represent the current best in purpose-designed LED lighting.

Dimensions:
  • Length: 11.8 inches (30 cm)
  • Width: 7 inches (18 cm)
  • Thickness: 1.5 inches (3.9 cm)

LED
  • 8x Cree XP-G Cool White LEDs run at 5w each
  • 8x Cree XP-E Blue LEDs run at 3w each
  • 10x Cree XP-E Royal Blue LEDs run at 3w each
  • 4x Cree XP-E Green LEDs run at 3w each
  • 4x Osram Oslon SSL Hyper Red LEDs run at 3w each

FEATURES
More than just light fixtures, the Radion lighting line is specifically designed to be an evolving lighting solution. Full-spectrum, fully adjustable, upgradeable, advanced lighting conditions, wireless connectivity and much more.
  • 34 energy-efficient LEDs
  • Fully adjustable for growth and appeal
  • Output optimized for PAR
  • Wide light spread
  • Minimal color banding
  • Fully upgradeable
  • Modular LED cluster, lens and driver assemblies
  • Capacitive touch exterior controls
  • Revolutionary heat sink design
  • Switching power supply
  • Evolving software and firmware
  • Smart multi-light wireless functionality
  • Easy import and export of saved modes
  • Real-time clock
  • Multiple light period programmable

WIRELESS ENABLED
Wouldn’t it be cool if the Radion communicated wirelessly with other Radion units and coordinated with other EcoTech equipment?

Well, it does.

Radion comes equipped with EcoTech's custom-designed RF module. Radion lights will communicate with any EcoSmart “w” enabled VorTech pumps in addition to any future equipment designed to work on the EcoSmart platform. Coordinated night mode, storms and other light- and water-synchronized features are what you can expect from the wireless functionality that comes standard with the Radion.

BATTERY BACKUP
Blizzard. Hurricane. A motorist hits a utility pole. Stuff happens. The power goes out… the Radion is fully compatible with the EcoTech Battery Backup.

In the event of a power outage, lack of light energy over the aquarium results in corals switching from photosynthesis (producing oxygen) to respiration (consuming oxygen). When used with a Battery Backup accessory, the Radion emits low levels of light intended to prevent corals from respiring, and therefore; your Radion will help to maintain an oxygen-rich environment for your fish during this critical time period.


__________________
MarineDepot.com
1-800-566-FISH
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Google+
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos
MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2011, 09:05 PM   #2
mfwit
Registered Member
 
mfwit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Exton, PA
Posts: 33
Just put in my pre-order. Any idea of a ship date?


mfwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/2011, 01:17 PM   #3
MarineDepot
Sponsor
 
MarineDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 3,575
Arrow 2nd Week of October

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfwit View Post
Just put in my pre-order. Any idea of a ship date?
We should begin shipping pre-ordered EcoTech Marine's Radion fixtures the 2nd week of October. It might be sooner, but that is the firmest ETA we have at this time.

Thank you so much for placing your order early!

Please let us know what you think about the light in a product review after you've got it up & running!


__________________
MarineDepot.com
1-800-566-FISH
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Google+
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos
MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/2011, 10:39 AM   #4
olemiss reb
Molon Labe
 
olemiss reb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,344
I ordered two units and was wondering about a hanging kit. Is this included, if not where on your site is it listed?


__________________
secesh

Current Tank Info: 90eel/lps, 65 nem x2
olemiss reb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/2011, 10:59 AM   #5
MarineDepot
Sponsor
 
MarineDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 3,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss reb View Post
I ordered two units and was wondering about a hanging kit. Is this included, if not where on your site is it listed?
Olemiss,

Thank you for posting. Unfortunately a hanging kit is not included. If there is a separate hanging kit for purchase, we will follow up with you post a response.


__________________
MarineDepot.com
1-800-566-FISH
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Google+
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos
MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/2011, 01:22 AM   #6
MedRed
Registered Member
 
MedRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,067
some sites have the hanging kit available for pre order. When do you expect to have them on your site?


__________________
60 Gallon Current Solana XL 24x24x24 Cube: SPS/LPS/NPS/Softie/Invert Reef
Candy Basslet Pair Showcase | Minimalist Aquascape
MedRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/2011, 01:55 PM   #7
MarineDepot
Sponsor
 
MarineDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 3,575
Lightbulb Hanging Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedRed View Post
some sites have the hanging kit available for pre order. When do you expect to have them on your site?
As far as the mounting system shown in EcoTech’s MACNA album on Facebook, we don’t know much about it right now. The light we have here is prototype that used a different mounting system than what people are seeing online. We’re actually awaiting a response from EcoTech to see what will be included with the light itself.

Would you mind providing a hyperlink to the hanging kit you're referring to? Perhaps it is a hanging kit for aquarium lights in general and not brand-specific.


__________________
MarineDepot.com
1-800-566-FISH
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Google+
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos
MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2011, 05:22 PM   #8
wesleyforbes2
Registered Member
 
wesleyforbes2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 435
Hello, I have a link to the hanging kit for the Radion:

It is a pre-order and says it will be available in October. There also is a bracket that they should have available for hanging more than one unit. Do you have any information on this?

www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=3364



Last edited by wesleyforbes2; 09/21/2011 at 05:55 PM.
wesleyforbes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2011, 05:38 PM   #9
wesleyforbes2
Registered Member
 
wesleyforbes2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 435
Also:

www.saltysupply.com/Ecotech-Marine-Radion-LED-Fixtures-s/14919.htm


wesleyforbes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2011, 11:07 AM   #10
MarineDepot
Sponsor
 
MarineDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 3,575
Lightbulb EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w Hanging Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss reb View Post
I ordered two units and was wondering about a hanging kit. Is this included, if not where on your site is it listed?
Just wanted to follow up to everyone who asked about the Radion hanging kit. It's on our site now available for pre-order. Here is the link.

All online aquarium supply stores should have the kit on sale for the same price, but if you find a lower price elsewhere, we'll match it!

We will have an EcoTech Radion LED light connected to some VorTech pumps in our booth at Reef-A-Palooza next month. If you're in SoCal the weekend of October 22-23, come visit us! We're giving away lots of goodies and will have a ton of tanks and equipment to check out and demo.


__________________
MarineDepot.com
1-800-566-FISH
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Google+
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos
MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2011, 11:16 AM   #11
wesleyforbes2
Registered Member
 
wesleyforbes2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 435
I do plan an attending this but, for those who pre-ordered early shouldn't we have ours by then?

Sent from Wesley's Moto Atrix 4G using Tapatalk


wesleyforbes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2011, 12:15 AM   #12
ken1977
Registered Member
 
ken1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineDepot View Post
EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w LED Light Fixture



$749.00 w/ Free Shipping


Radion's superior quality and sleek design are a testament to EcoTech Marine's commitment to the best in aquarium technology.

The Radion XR30w is equipped with 34 energy-efficient LEDs in five controllable colors, hyper red, green, blue, royal blue and cool white. The Radion LED light is fully upgradeable -- specifically designed to be an evolving lighting solution. Radion is completely configurable via USB connectivity to set up advanced modes. Radion's wide light spread means more coverage and consistent color.

SPECIFICATIONS
EcoTech utilizes only the best of what's available in providing a functionally superior product. Five channels of high-efficiency, high-intensity LEDs represent the current best in purpose-designed LED lighting.

Dimensions:
  • Length: 11.8 inches (30 cm)
  • Width: 7 inches (18 cm)
  • Thickness: 1.5 inches (3.9 cm)

LED
  • 8x Cree XP-G Cool White LEDs run at 5w each
  • 8x Cree XP-E Blue LEDs run at 3w each
  • 10x Cree XP-E Royal Blue LEDs run at 3w each
  • 4x Cree XP-E Green LEDs run at 3w each
  • 4x Osram Oslon SSL Hyper Red LEDs run at 3w each

FEATURES
More than just light fixtures, the Radion lighting line is specifically designed to be an evolving lighting solution. Full-spectrum, fully adjustable, upgradeable, advanced lighting conditions, wireless connectivity and much more.
  • 34 energy-efficient LEDs
  • Fully adjustable for growth and appeal
  • Output optimized for PAR
  • Wide light spread
  • Minimal color banding
  • Fully upgradeable
  • Modular LED cluster, lens and driver assemblies
  • Capacitive touch exterior controls
  • Revolutionary heat sink design
  • Switching power supply
  • Evolving software and firmware
  • Smart multi-light wireless functionality
  • Easy import and export of saved modes
  • Real-time clock
  • Multiple light period programmable

WIRELESS ENABLED
Wouldn’t it be cool if the Radion communicated wirelessly with other Radion units and coordinated with other EcoTech equipment?

Well, it does.

Radion comes equipped with EcoTech's custom-designed RF module. Radion lights will communicate with any EcoSmart “w” enabled VorTech pumps in addition to any future equipment designed to work on the EcoSmart platform. Coordinated night mode, storms and other light- and water-synchronized features are what you can expect from the wireless functionality that comes standard with the Radion.

BATTERY BACKUP
Blizzard. Hurricane. A motorist hits a utility pole. Stuff happens. The power goes out… the Radion is fully compatible with the EcoTech Battery Backup.

In the event of a power outage, lack of light energy over the aquarium results in corals switching from photosynthesis (producing oxygen) to respiration (consuming oxygen). When used with a Battery Backup accessory, the Radion emits low levels of light intended to prevent corals from respiring, and therefore; your Radion will help to maintain an oxygen-rich environment for your fish during this critical time period.
will one unit work for a 50 gallon cube? 24x24x24.


ken1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2011, 02:52 PM   #13
MarineDepot
Sponsor
 
MarineDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 3,575
@ken1977,

Yes, this light should be just fine for a 24x24x24 cube. We have tested the Radion over a few aquariums and they seem to spread the light just fine. However you can mount the fixture with the two LED's left to right or front to back, if done front to back then you would want to consider going with two units.

This would ultimately depend on your aquascaping.


__________________
MarineDepot.com
1-800-566-FISH
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Google+
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos
MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 01:15 PM   #14
wesleyforbes2
Registered Member
 
wesleyforbes2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 435
Hello, is your ETA for the Radion and premium hanging kit still correct? I just read on the other thread that a persons supplier spoke with EcoTech and they are not expecting anything for another 2-4 weeks!

Sent from Wesley's Moto Atrix 4G using Tapatalk


wesleyforbes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 02:06 PM   #15
MarineDepot
Sponsor
 
MarineDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 3,575
Thumbs up UPDATE 10/18/11: EcoTech Radion LED Availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyforbes2 View Post
Hello, is your ETA for the Radion and premium hanging kit still correct? I just read on the other thread that a persons supplier spoke with EcoTech and they are not expecting anything for another 2-4 weeks!
Thank you for your question. We knew anticipation was building, so we touched base with our purchasing team this morning to get an update on the ETA.

We are expecting our first shipment of Radions this Friday, October 21 or early next week. We hope to begin shipping pre-orders next week. It is our understanding EcoTech is beginning to fulfill international orders, but we will be the first e-tailer domestically to have them available.


__________________
MarineDepot.com
1-800-566-FISH
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Google+
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos
MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 02:43 PM   #16
wesleyforbes2
Registered Member
 
wesleyforbes2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 435
Wow, that is very, very good news to hear! Being here in California, I am glad that I pre-ordered from you! And I will be seeing you this Saturday at Reef-A-Palooza! Thanks for the news.

Sent from Wesley's Moto Atrix 4G using Tapatalk


wesleyforbes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 02:46 PM   #17
wesleyforbes2
Registered Member
 
wesleyforbes2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 435
Oh, the hanging kit also?

Sent from Wesley's Moto Atrix 4G using Tapatalk


wesleyforbes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 04:25 PM   #18
MarineDepot
Sponsor
 
MarineDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 3,575
Thumbs up UPDATE 10/18/11: EcoTech Radion LED Hanging Kit Availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyforbes2 View Post
Wow, that is very, very good news to hear! Being here in California, I am glad that I pre-ordered from you! And I will be seeing you this Saturday at Reef-A-Palooza! Thanks for the news.

Oh, the hanging kit also?
Awesome! We look forward to seeing you at the show. If you're going Saturday, be sure to bring your RAP ticket stub to our booth to spin our prize wheel. Everyone who spins wins!

The EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w Hanging Kits will be arriving at the same time as the lights. If you ordered both, they should ship out together.




__________________
MarineDepot.com
1-800-566-FISH
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Google+
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos
MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2011, 12:01 PM   #19
SoCalDude
SPS/Wrasse Junkie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
Posts: 1,453
Any updates on order shipping?


__________________
-Matt
40g LeeMar (24x24x16)
ATI 6x24'' sunpower | WP25 | MP10wES | AquaMaxx ConeS CO-1 |Tunze Osmolator |
Neptune Apex Controller
SoCalDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2011, 03:34 PM   #20
MarineDepot
Sponsor
 
MarineDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 3,575
Thumbs up ETA Update 10/24/2011: EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w LED Light Fixture

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDude View Post
Any updates on order shipping?
Thank you for your question. EcoTech Marine officially shipped the lights to us Friday, so we're hoping they'll arrive tomorrow or Wednesday.

The turnaround from our delivery to shipping pre-orders should be same or next-day. If they arrive tomorrow (Tuesday 10/24), we hope to begin shipping them out tomorrow or Wednesday. If they arrive Wednesday, hopefully we'll start sending them out that day or Thursday. EcoTech Marine's QA is extremely high, so it shouldn't take long to inspect the shipment and put the lights into inventory so our warehouse crew can start pushing out the pre-orders.

Thank you all so much for your patience. They're almost here!


__________________
MarineDepot.com
1-800-566-FISH
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Google+
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos
MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2011, 05:14 PM   #21
MarineDepot
Sponsor
 
MarineDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 3,575
Thumbs up EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w LED Light Fixtures: THEY'RE FINALLY HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDude View Post
Any updates on order shipping?
Our purchasing department just informed us that we've got a shipment of EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w LED Light Fixtures downstairs in our warehouse! We are getting them into inventory ASAP and hope to begin shipping out pre-orders today.

We'll have 8 units leftover after the pre-orders are fulfilled with 20 more on the way (no ETA yet, hopefully next week).




__________________
MarineDepot.com
1-800-566-FISH
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Google+
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos
MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2011, 05:35 PM   #22
wesleyforbes2
Registered Member
 
wesleyforbes2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 435
Sounds good, what about the hanging kit?

Sent from Wesley's Moto Atrix 4G using Tapatalk


wesleyforbes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2011, 05:42 PM   #23
MarineDepot
Sponsor
 
MarineDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 3,575
Thumbs down Radion Hanging Kit due to arrive 10/28 or 10/31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyforbes2 View Post
Sounds good, what about the hanging kit?

Sent from Wesley's Moto Atrix 4G using Tapatalk
We'd hoped to ship them out together, but it's looking like the hanging kits aren't going to arrive here until Friday, 10/28 or Monday, 10/31.

In other words, we'll begin shipping those out next week if you've got one pre-ordered.


__________________
MarineDepot.com
1-800-566-FISH
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Google+
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos
MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2011, 10:06 AM   #24
SoCalDude
SPS/Wrasse Junkie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
Posts: 1,453
Mine arrives today from MD. Can't wait!


__________________
-Matt
40g LeeMar (24x24x16)
ATI 6x24'' sunpower | WP25 | MP10wES | AquaMaxx ConeS CO-1 |Tunze Osmolator |
Neptune Apex Controller
SoCalDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2011, 07:17 PM   #25
MarineDepot
Sponsor
 
MarineDepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 3,575
Thumbs up Most Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDude View Post
Mine arrives today from MD. Can't wait!
We'd love to see some photographs once you've got it up and running. Feel free to post them on our Facebook wall, if you're not too busy and don't mind strangers ogling your tank. People really want to see this baby in action!




__________________
MarineDepot.com
1-800-566-FISH
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Google+
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our YouTube Videos
MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecotech, led, lighting, pre-order, radion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EcoTech Marine Introduces the Radion XR30w LED Light EcoTech Marine EcoTech Marine 2238 11/13/2014 12:18 PM
LED Lighting...Help me please! =) mommy1990 New to the Hobby 9 04/07/2012 03:52 PM
EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w LED luisagos Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment 200 01/02/2012 12:37 AM
NEW! Innovative Marine NuvoAquariums & SkkyeLight LED Lights MarineDepot Marine Depot 11 10/07/2011 04:36 PM
EcoTech Marine Introduces the Radion XR30w LED Light chrisqueenz Upstate Reef Society 13 09/25/2011 08:46 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:49 AM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright ©1999-2014