Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/16/2014, 01:31 PM   #2226
Sacohen
Registered Member

They ate not noisy.

Current Tank Info: 55 Gallon Mixed Reef
Sacohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2014, 02:26 PM   #2227
007Bond
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyBubbles View Post
How's the noise level on the WP40's? I'm going to be selling my MP60 and buying 2 WP40's for my 150g. I can't stand the noise level on my MP60; way too loud. Also, what is the best place to purchase these wp's at currently? Thanks!
Purchase wise,...I think fishstreet especially since your thinking two. They are offering the new controller for two pumps. I'm going to get the two WP60 package. The only thing I'm holding back on is I want shipping from their NJ warehouse.

007Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2014, 03:16 PM   #2228
Torx
Registered Member

Quote:
How's the noise level on the WP40's? I'm going to be selling my MP60 and buying 2 WP40's for my 150g. I can't stand the noise level on my MP60; way too loud. Also, what is the best place to purchase these wp's at currently? Thanks!
I can not hear my WP40's over the everyday house noises, I turn them down at night through my Apex though. Just preferred is all. This WP-40's at 100% are quieter then my MP-10's that my wife had me turn to a constant speed and almost shut off at night due to the humming of ramping up and down.

Torx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2014, 03:18 PM   #2229
SaltyBubbles
Registered Member

Thanks Steve and 007Bond for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Bond View Post
Purchase wise,...I think fishstreet especially since your thinking two. They are offering the new controller for two pumps. I'm going to get the two WP60 package. The only thing I'm holding back on is I want shipping from their NJ warehouse.
How big is your tank 007Bond? Do you rec the wp60 instead of the 40's for a 150g? Also, are you requesting the NJ warehouse due to shipping costs? Thanks for the help.

SaltyBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2014, 03:22 PM   #2230
SaltyBubbles
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
I can not hear my WP40's over the everyday house noises, I turn them down at night through my Apex though. Just preferred is all. This WP-40's at 100% are quieter then my MP-10's that my wife had me turn to a constant speed and almost shut off at night due to the humming of ramping up and down.
That helps a lot Torx! Thanks. I feel your pain. I set my MP60 to the weakest level at night and it's still singing to me ha. How were you able to hook up to your Apex? I have an Apex but I was under the impression it wouldn't connect for these wp's. Thank you.

Unread 02/16/2014, 03:30 PM   #2231
Sacohen
Registered Member

Here are 3 links on how to connect them to an Apex.

Do a little research. I personally posted this info atleast 4 times on this forum alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacohen View Post
Here are some links.

http://carolinareefers.com/showthrea...ump-to-an-Apex

This one seems to be the same wiring, but us has codes at the bottom.

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthr...nd-Programming

This is one that I have posted in I think all 3 or 4 threads about the WP-10, WP-25, WP-40 and WP-60.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...ml#post1311061

You can control 2 Jebao pumps with 1 Ethernet cable.

You can control the DC pumps as well, but I would not run any wave coding on the DC pumps, they don't respond as fast as the wavemakers.

Unread 02/16/2014, 03:31 PM   #2232
Torx
Registered Member

Quote:
That helps a lot Torx! Thanks. I feel your pain. I set my MP60 to the weakest level at night and it's still singing to me ha. How were you able to hook up to your Apex? I have an Apex but I was under the impression it wouldn't connect for these wp's. Thank you.
There is a DIY cable that you can make. Some people buy the Reef Angel cable and splice in an ethernet, I made mine from scratch and they work great. Just google jebao apex cable, I am sure you will come across threads, if not PM me and I will help you find the DIY's

Unread 02/16/2014, 03:40 PM   #2233
SaltyBubbles
Registered Member

Thanks Steve for those links and thanks Torx for the info, very much appreciated. Time to get to work!

Unread 02/16/2014, 07:05 PM   #2234
007Bond
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks Steve and 007Bond for the reply.

How big is your tank 007Bond? Do you rec the wp60 instead of the 40's for a 150g? Also, are you requesting the NJ warehouse due to shipping costs? Thanks for the help.
Yep,...just want to save some money on shipping. I can wait until they offer them out of NJ. I assume it won't be very long now that the Chinese New Year has passed. It looks like they are on pre order until 2/28 anyhow.

007Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2014, 08:05 AM   #2235
Torx
Registered Member

When they stock up that NJ warehouse, they will kill the market. These really are great. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to ask themselves one question...

Why, after all the years that Apex has been out, why is it that Neptune Apex is talking with Jebao for the first Apex pump and over looked Vortec and all other brands over the years.

Unread 02/17/2014, 08:12 AM   #2236
Greenfanativ
Registered Member

Just ordered my wp10 for my nano cant wait till it get in, too bad it is on backorder grrr

Greenfanativ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2014, 08:12 AM   #2237
Sacohen
Registered Member

There is no need for an Apex pump, the Jebao work fine on Apex with a little mod to the RA cable. If anything Apex, should just make the cable needed to control the Jebao pumps.

Unread 02/17/2014, 08:49 AM   #2238
Torx
Registered Member

Quote:
There is no need for an Apex pump, the Jebao work fine on Apex with a little mod to the RA cable. If anything Apex, should just make the cable needed to control the Jebao pumps.
I wish they would. At first I thought that they were boycotting the company as Apex is mainstream such as Vortech etc, and was going to try and push them out of the North American market, but then I saw the pictures and info of the meeting they had and pretty near fell over. I am still surprised they have not made the cable, but at the end of the day, they are still going to want what will make them the most money, and understandably so.

I made my cable from scratch, a double cable actually, cheaper then doing 2 modded RA cables and looks even nicer IMHO.

Unread 02/17/2014, 09:04 AM   #2239
FastUno
Registered Member

I just got my WP25 yesterday & HOLLY COW....I LOVE THIS THING!!!!!

I bought two, but DAMN I only have 1 connected & don't really see a pressing need for a second one. I may try the 2nd one just to see how it can affect flow.

Thank you Jebao for leveling the playing field!

Even if I get 2 years out of this thing, I will be more than happy. I have spent 2K on my lights & skimmer and they have only seen 2 years of use and I see signs of wear already, even from something that is "quality built." So I am ecstatic about these pumps.

My only concern is potential breaking of magnet holder on the inside. I have not read full thread, but do others worry about this too?

Current Tank Info: SW, Reef
FastUno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2014, 09:07 AM   #2240
Sacohen
Registered Member

I'm surprised that they would be working with Jebao after the fact that Tunze (IIRC) had issues a cease and desist order to any US retailer trying to sell the Jebao pumps.
If Apex is going to be making a branded version of the Jebao pump then they may have some issues with Tunze based on copyright infringement.

Unread 02/17/2014, 09:47 AM   #2241
Torx
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm surprised that they would be working with Jebao after the fact that Tunze (IIRC) had issues a cease and desist order to any US retailer trying to sell the Jebao pumps.
If Apex is going to be making a branded version of the Jebao pump then they may have some issues with Tunze based on copyright infringement.
Yes, the copyright infringement 'cease and desist order' that was done for nothing more then a scare tactic to hinder sales. It was not actually soemthing that went through and there are both US and CAN retailers selling these still as proof. All it did though was boost sales to Jebao as everyone purchased mass quantities in fear that they would be taken off the market. Just like the false rumors about these pumps not meeting North American safety standards. They were all started by people trying to scare away Jebao customers to hinder sales and keep them purchasing their products.

Unread 02/17/2014, 10:39 AM   #2242
EdimarOliveira
Registered Member

Dear, there is already a WP-10?

She already is on sale?

Thanks!

Current Tank Info: Reef of 43 gallons
EdimarOliveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2014, 05:53 PM   #2243
Sisterlimonpot
R.C. Fraternity President

Where is this proof of Neptune Systems making their own pump based on the jebao's?

Dishes are done man!

Current Tank Info: 300 in progress
Sisterlimonpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2014, 07:26 PM   #2244
Mike de Leon
Registered Member

I have a 30 X 30 X 24 cube with SPS. What would be the best setting? I seem to have difficulty with placement.

Current Tank Info: 180 Gallon, 3 G4 Radions
Mike de Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2014, 01:52 AM   #2245
FastUno
Registered Member

Quote:
Dear, there is already a WP-10?

She already is on sale?
Best place to get WP-10 from?

Current Tank Info: SW, Reef
FastUno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2014, 05:36 AM   #2246
Sacohen
Registered Member

Fish-Street

Unread 02/18/2014, 02:09 PM   #2247
Mike de Leon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike de Leon View Post
I have a 30 X 30 X 24 cube with SPS. What would be the best setting? I seem to have difficulty with placement.
Bump!

Current Tank Info: 180 Gallon, 3 G4 Radions
Mike de Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2014, 02:34 PM   #2248
BigCountry74
Registered Member

I ordered a wp25 for a 36x36x8.5 cube. Will post results and a video soon as I get the build up and running

Current 40g reef
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2483250

Current Tank Info: 40g bare bottom reef
BigCountry74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2014, 04:39 PM   #2249
Torx
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisterlimonpot View Post
Where is this proof of Neptune Systems making their own pump based on the jebao's?
...Reading back...nope...I didn't say that they are making their own pump based on Jebao...I typed "Neptune Apex is talking with Jebao for the first Apex pump and over looked Vortec and all other brands over the years."

Not sure if I can post the website here, the article was Signs point to Neptune Systems working on “Apex Pump” by a popular reef building site.

Unread 02/18/2014, 11:52 PM   #2250
Sisterlimonpot
R.C. Fraternity President

Yeah I read that article and the picture leaves a lot to speculation.

You can even say that the heated argument was over the fact that jebao is in the process of making their own line of reef controllers based on the apex platform and neptune is getting a bit irate over the fact that they can't do anything to the chinese company...

Lets get that rumor going.

Dishes are done man!

Current Tank Info: 300 in progress
Sisterlimonpot is offline   Reply With Quote