Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 11/03/2015, 10:02 AM   #251
lifeoffaith
Registered Member

Need FTS

lifeoffaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2015, 10:58 AM   #252
BigJohnny
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paszembe View Post
@BigJohny -
Two (four in two lamps) of the FM Royal blue are on for 12h/day, the rest is on for 8h/day.

Some topdowns I've made during WC:

Untitled by foxPL, on Flickr
Cool thanks, corals look fantastic.

BigJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/06/2015, 03:02 PM   #253
paszembe
Registered Member

Next week, next photos.
I'm beginning to like my tank again after the upgrade to 1400l.
Please keep in mind that it's only 3,5 months old tank..

btw. how to change the topic of my thread?

Old 11/07/2015, 01:00 PM   #254
cFloor
Registered Member

Wow! Very nice. What a clean setup you have. Once these corals start filling in a little, this tank will be off the charts!

Instagram: @cfloorsaltwater
cFloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2015, 05:52 PM   #255
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

Lovely corals and lovely colours.

I struggle to maintain pink colours. Other coral colours, including blues, greens, oranges and purples, seem to be fine. I do not think the light is an issue (8 X 39W ATI Power module with all ATI bulbs- 3 B+, 2 C+, 1 Actinic, 1 ABS, 1 P+).

Have you got any suggestions to improve pink coloration please? Note that I dose moderate amount of a Potassium supplement (Fauna Marin Ultra Easy K) every ten days. I dose it moderately because I am not able to test potassium at the moment. I am still waiting for Salifert to be on sale again (hopefully soon).

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [NP-Bacto-Balance; A-; Reef Actif]; GAC; Ultra Phos
DiscusHeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2015, 06:52 PM   #256
Deftones2015
Registered Member

Your tank is amazing! Given time, I believe we will see you on rotm!

Deftones2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2015, 09:39 PM   #257
SPS911
Registered Member

I love the aquascape. Are the pumps positioned so that the detritus forms a pile that you can siphon it out or does it get suspended and go out the overflow?

SPS911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2015, 02:21 AM   #258
vinhle00
Registered Member

Looking good! it's amazing how the same corals packed your last tank but haven't even started to fill in the space in this tank.

vinhle00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2015, 03:51 PM   #259
paszembe
Registered Member

Thank you all.
I can't give you any advice on pink.. My K+ according to salifert is around 360-370 so probably it's not the main issue - low NO3/PO4, high flow, intense light should me enough in my opinion.
To be honest the flow in my tank is so high that there are no places where detritus can settle down - it's getting me crazy because there are many "dust" particles in the water column and it looks ugly to me.

For the past few months I was switching from one type of filtration to another (biopelles/zeovit/berlin style) but some time ago I've decided to give Aquaforest brand a chance in my tank. So far it all looks good - below you will find some today's top downs I've made during WC.
regards
Paweł

Old 11/28/2015, 04:02 PM   #260
lunar
Registered Member

Paweł, could you say when did you exactly switch to aquaforest products?

Krzysztof

lunar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2015, 04:36 PM   #261
paszembe
Registered Member

AFAIR I've got first products in late July - during my business trip I was able to visit their company and got a few basic additives. I'm not and probably will never use all of them since for example I'm using a calcium reactor so I'n not interested in all that KH,Ca,Mg buffers and stuff.
regards
Pawel

Old 11/28/2015, 04:57 PM   #262
mhucasey
Acros & wieners, oh my!

Wow. That blue coral in the first shot is absolutely beautiful What products are you using and what, if any changes are you seeing?

See my tank thread here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2468548

Current Tank Info: 120 Gallon Rimless Starphire Shallow Reef. Reef Octopus Diablo EXT-200 skimmer, Chaeto Reactor, Lighting: ATI Sunpower 8X39W, 6X39W Sunpower
mhucasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2015, 05:22 PM   #263
paszembe
Registered Member

At the moment I'm using reef salt (because it's cheap - less than IO at ma LFS), amino acids (coral a), coral food (coral E),vitamins (coral V), zeolites (I've found an interesting topic about zeolites in reef tanks by Randy Holmes-Farley and I've decided that I can use not only KZ stones with good results)

Can't really say about the changes that the specific product gives or not because this tank is really fresh and many corals had a hard time during the migration - and are still recovering.
I also don't believe in a magic products that alone gives a great results - for me it's ok if it's not messing with my tank in a bad way.

Pawel

edit:
ps. forgot about coral b - looks similar to KZ Coral Snow or calcium reactor mud from dissolved media

Last edited by paszembe; 11/28/2015 at 05:36 PM.
paszembe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2015, 03:32 PM   #264
Moser
Registered Member

Nice work!
How much of the coral a,b,v and e are you dosing?

What volume of zeolites?
Do you dose the bacteria or the Aquaforest carbon source? i think they have a new one out now.

Thanks
Mo

Moser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2015, 02:35 AM   #265
paszembe
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moser View Post
Nice work!
How much of the coral a,b,v and e are you dosing?

What volume of zeolites?
Do you dose the bacteria or the Aquaforest carbon source? i think they have a new one out now.

Thanks
Mo
I'm dosing around 10-12 drops of "a" and "e" each day, about 14-15 drops of "b" each day and 10 drops of "v" every other day.
I have about 2l of zeolites in KZ reactor "M" and I shake them the same way I used to do with KZ stones.

I still have some KZ ZS3 and Bak left so at the moment I don't want to waste it - I'll use all of it before moving to AF bacteria and carbon source (I got them already on my shelf).

btw. I love your tank - fantastic job!
regards
Pawel

ps. one more photo from last weekend

:

Old 11/30/2015, 03:51 AM   #266
glaukos
Registered Member

In love with your colors

All the pics are awesome but the first one is indeed sick!!
Is it a gomezi?

Thanks for sharing

Old 11/30/2015, 06:06 AM   #267
paszembe
Registered Member

Yes, it's probably a. gomezi
Some time ago in my old tank I made another photo of this coral - that time I could fit almost whole the colony on one shot

Old 12/04/2015, 01:44 PM   #268
paszembe
Registered Member

A few more for today:
Pawel

Old 12/04/2015, 08:49 PM   #269
Sever
Registered Member

@Pawel colors and photos amazing like always.

Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2015, 12:29 PM   #270
westreef
Lost as usual

Very colorful and healthy tank. Thanks for sharing.

75g, ATI 4x58wT5 LED Hybrid Powermodule, AquaMaxx ConeS 1, 2xMP40wES, RKL controller, Tunze Osmolator
westreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2015, 12:33 PM   #271
mhucasey
Acros & wieners, oh my!

This new tank has stabilized pretty quickly! Those are some happy corals in there. What exactly is your current "filtration" approach- aquaforest products with zeolites?

See my tank thread here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2468548

Current Tank Info: 120 Gallon Rimless Starphire Shallow Reef. Reef Octopus Diablo EXT-200 skimmer, Chaeto Reactor, Lighting: ATI Sunpower 8X39W, 6X39W Sunpower
Old 12/05/2015, 02:46 PM   #272
paszembe
Registered Member

@mhucasey
Yep, still Aquaforest with their zeolites. I've just started (2 days ago) using their bacteries (pro bio S) and carbon source (np pro). Of course it's too early to tell if there is any difference good or bad - but no bad sign I take as a good sign in this hobby when it comes to changing products I'll keep you informed.
@westreef, @Sever - thank you

regards
Pawel

Old 12/05/2015, 03:55 PM   #273
mhucasey
Acros & wieners, oh my!

Do you run the zeolites the same as the Zeovit method? What quantity are you using, flow rate through the stones, and how often do you change them. What is the carbon source and how much do you dose of that? Sorry for all the questions, but I've been very impressed with the aquaforest tanks I've seen on here, yours especially

Old 12/05/2015, 04:09 PM   #274
paszembe
Registered Member

I run them the same way I used to do with KZ stones but I used only 2l of them instead of 3l of KZ stones just to be sure not to overdose. The flow is around 700-800l/hour inside my KZ reactor - I also shake them twice a day just the way I did with KZ. Np pro according to the vendor is a "fuel" to help grow the denitrification bacteria AFAIK in the simmilar way as Zeostart3 is used in Zeovit method but AF products dont have any smell at all (KZ smells kind like a vinegar?). This is what producer claim - as I said it's only 2 days so I don't have any opinion on my own about this specific product yet.

edit - I dose 12 drops of Np pro every day - just a little less than the producer suggests for my tank volume

Old 12/05/2015, 05:42 PM   #275
mhucasey
Acros & wieners, oh my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paszembe View Post
I run them the same way I used to do with KZ stones but I used only 2l of them instead of 3l of KZ stones just to be sure not to overdose. The flow is around 700-800l/hour inside my KZ reactor - I also shake them twice a day just the way I did with KZ. Np pro according to the vendor is a "fuel" to help grow the denitrification bacteria AFAIK in the simmilar way as Zeostart3 is used in Zeovit method but AF products dont have any smell at all (KZ smells kind like a vinegar?). This is what producer claim - as I said it's only 2 days so I don't have any opinion on my own about this specific product yet.

edit - I dose 12 drops of Np pro every day - just a little less than the producer suggests for my tank volume
Thanks for the info!