Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/18/2006, 06:48 PM   #1
aztbs
Registered Member

How are you using the PraziPro with the new fish?

I adopted a blue-jaw trigger from the Hawaiian group buy and he is currently in my 20 gallon tank, separated from the main system. After a stressful day or two of flinging around like mad, trying to jump out, ending up in the corner pump division (like an overflow) and being scared half to death, I finally have him eating blended shrimp and mussels with selcon out of a turkey baster. He is gorgeous and is getting used to seeing me walk by.

His eyes are a tad cloudy, but he may have done that with his pinball routine. I understand that you can treat with the PraziPro as a food soak, but what is the dosage? The bottle only has info about doing a dip/treating the whole tank.

For the people that bought the PraziPro - how are you using it so far?

aztbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2006, 10:44 PM   #2
vanmle
Moved On

Good question. I haven't started to use it yet.

vanmle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2006, 12:02 AM   #3
Philwd
Premium Member

I actually haven't yet. Letting the fish settle in a couple days. I posted earlier in the fish buy thread the dose to use for powdered form.

I was going to convert that based on concentration of the liquid and soak in a somewhat higher dosage in the belief not all will get absorbed. I was going to repeat a couple times the first week. Since I haven't tried to figure that out yet I can't tell you exactly what I will use.

Now if you have the fish in a QT you could just use the dosage on the bottle too as an in tank treatment. I haven't been able to tell which is more effective. I 've read lots of people say they will try it in tank but few follow up posts. Probably means most were successful or I would expect more negative comments.

Philwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2006, 08:21 AM   #4
aztbs
Registered Member

My fish is in QT, but I have some frags in there with him. I don't want to treat the tank.

He is eating ravenously now, so I was going to start treatment soon. I will post my updates if you all do the same.

aztbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2006, 09:46 AM   #5
mike89t
Premium Member

I used mine as a sort of dip when I was acclimating my fish. I drip aclimated for over 2 hours before I moved the fish to my QT.

I have frags and cleaner shrimp in my QT also so I didn't want to dump it in there with these guys.

So far everyone looks really healthy and are eating and staying fat.

Current Tank Info: Sold my 150G reef tank. :^(
mike89t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2006, 11:16 AM   #6
vanmle
Moved On

Nice fish Mike. Nice picture.

vanmle is offline   Reply With Quote