Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 11/18/2006, 10:13 AM   #201
invincible569
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
sorry Ed...grazie!
No worries!

Old 11/18/2006, 10:33 AM   #202
Nando-Italy
Registered Member

Hi,
Eduard and friends!

Nando

Old 11/18/2006, 10:37 AM   #203
invincible569
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nando-Italy
Hi,
Eduard and friends!

Nando
Hello Nando! Glad to see you on here too. Your tank is amazing! I think a lot of us are feeling overwhelmed at the growth the Italians possess.

Which method are you using on your tank? I saw that you changed your lighting. Do you like your new lighting?

Old 11/18/2006, 10:49 AM   #204
Nando-Italy
Registered Member

Hello Ed!
I use the Berliner method for my tank! ….I dose phito as food ........ and is illuminated with 3 bulbs XM 250w

Old 11/18/2006, 12:01 PM   #205
N-A-S-O
Registered Member

how much gh is put in each cube...IU/Mg ?????

Current Tank Info: 110g sps
Old 11/18/2006, 12:06 PM   #206
invincible569
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by naso345543
how much gh is put in each cube...IU/Mg ?????
Fabio,

quanto gh è messo in ogni?? del cubo... IU/Mg

Old 11/18/2006, 12:13 PM   #207
Sir
Registered Member

GRANDE NANDO!!!!
il gh viene messo direttamente nel pappone, prima di fare i cubetti....in genere 1 fiala.
1 fiala corrisponde a 1,33 mg che corrispondono a 4 unit*.
v* quindi mescolata nel poppone DOPO la frullatura dei mitili, e successivamente si fanno i cubetti...quindi in 1 cubetto ce ne andr* una quantit* molto minore..ovviamente.
ciao

Old 11/18/2006, 12:39 PM   #208
wentreefgirl
Registered Member

This is cool. Keep up the conversation. I think your tanks are amazing.

Old 11/18/2006, 02:31 PM   #209
slojmn
Premium Member

Definately Thread of the Month material.
Edward, once again bringing us the goods and keeping us informed
Fabio's simple explanation makes a lot of sense. Interesting that the corals grow freakishly fast, kind of like a body builder . Edward, can you ask Fabio why the params are set at the high levels they are...what happens if the params are more toward NSW levels. I assume not much happens and they ramped things up through the years of experimenting and found that these high levels produced stunning growth and color. But Why????
I noticed geronte's tank had quite a bit of alage growth but it did not seem to bother the corals, sand beds as well. Do the Italians run BB with the blu coral system or do they use a dsb method?

Current Tank Info: 120g Starphire Cube, 30g nanoreef
Old 11/18/2006, 04:05 PM   #210
Ocean Drive
Registered Member

Yes, You can use the BC method with DSB also.

Old 11/18/2006, 04:16 PM   #211
Ocean Drive
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
GRANDE NANDO!!!!
il gh viene messo direttamente nel pappone, prima di fare i cubetti....in genere 1 fiala.
1 fiala corrisponde a 1,33 mg che corrispondono a 4 unit*.
v* quindi mescolata nel poppone DOPO la frullatura dei mitili, e successivamente si fanno i cubetti...quindi in 1 cubetto ce ne andr* una quantit* molto minore..ovviamente.
ciao
I try to translate.
The GH it comes put directly in the glutton, before making cubettos... in the kind one vial. One vial corresponds to 1,33 mg that they correspond to 4 units. Therefore in the PAPPONE (glutton) AFTER to have mixed sea fruits, and subsequently makes the cubettos... therefore in one cubettos of it will go a minimal quantity.

Last edited by Ocean Drive; 11/18/2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11/18/2006, 06:13 PM   #212
T5PO
Registered Member

We now know where the next Tank Of The Month will come from

Old 11/18/2006, 06:52 PM   #213
trueblackpercula
Registered Member

Here ya go invincible569

First off I would like to thank you for your time and effort that you have put into helping others. My first question is this going to be a marketed item and if so can we expect it to be available in the US and if so at what price?

Second question:
How much additive would be required for a 100 gallon tank for example?

Third question:
How long have you been experimenting with this HGH? And are there any draw backs from it?

Fourth question:
Is there particular HGH that is being used and if so which one?

Fifth question:
Does it affect fish in any way? And if so is it longer life or does it shorten there life span?

Sixth question:
Also is there a set point were the tank needs to be maintained in order to use HGH, I am talking about certain water requirements?

That¡¦s it for now ƒº
Michael

LIVE SAND ITS THE CURE........

Current Tank Info: 120 CUBE Live sand Mitras lx6100hv MRC MR 2 single becket MP40 power head Aquamedic dosing pump using B-ionic
Old 11/18/2006, 07:15 PM   #214
N-A-S-O
Registered Member

here is the anwser to some of your questions

Quote:
Originally posted by invincible569
Translated:

I have been fortunate enought to see Maurizio's tank in person. It looked unreal!

For me, you can ask me the same questions about the use of the hormone and its interactions with corals. My theory which no one has said anything against it is as follows:

This hormone (HGH) works on a human and monkey, but not on any other organism. Special receivers on the cell membranes are targeted by this hormone. The coral does not have these receivers because if they did it would produce gh which is not realistic.

One asks how does a SPS coral (Formosa, Nobilis, Digitata and Monti's) grow 15" in one yr? This has influenced the staff at reefitalia.net to successfully look into the amino acid composition of the GH for obvious reasons I cannot disclose. These findings are also backed up by one of our biologists, Giuseppe Vollono who has explained this to us. At the time in which the frozen cube is prepared, a fundamental phenomenal process occurs. The protein under examination BREAKS which increases the abundance of a particular amino acids in the water. This increases the metabolism and calcification of the coral. Therefore GH does not affect fish.

When running the Blu Coral method, you paramater values have to be set at the following values:

Ca 500
Mg 1500
KH 12
PH 8
Sr 16-25
I2 0,06

This is a simple explanation from a Biology student. Please feel free to ask questions and I can respond in Italian. Thank you, Fabio.

Old 11/19/2006, 05:33 AM   #215
Nando-Italy
Registered Member

Hello boys,
I want to specify that I do not use HGH but I only try to maintain to the stable values and food regularly the corals with phitoplancton and glutton (mixture of fruits of sea).
This type of conduction, as you have noticed, from equally good turns out to you .......... even if the use of the HGH mainly increases the metabolism of corals.

you excuse me for the English bad one!

Old 11/19/2006, 06:50 AM   #216
invincible569
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by trueblackpercula
Here ya go invincible569

That¡¦s it for now ƒº
Michael
Fabio,

Quanto tempo state sperimentando con questo HGH? Ed è ci delle parti posteriori di tiraggio da esso?

The rest looks like they have been answered.

Old 11/19/2006, 06:51 AM   #217
invincible569
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nando-Italy
Hello boys,
I want to specify that I do not use HGH but I only try to maintain to the stable values and food regularly the corals with phitoplancton and glutton (mixture of fruits of sea).
This type of conduction, as you have noticed, from equally good turns out to you .......... even if the use of the HGH mainly increases the metabolism of corals.

you excuse me for the English bad one!
How much phyto do you use? Is this a daily feeding? thanks!

Old 11/19/2006, 07:50 AM   #218
Sir
Registered Member

Sono gi* diversi anni che si usa...problemi di tiraggi in genere non ce ne sono.

Scusate se non mi dilungo con le spiegazioni, ma stiamo raccogliendo materiale per preparare degli articoli dedicati al metodo BC e al metodo BroGri, che probabilmente usciranno sul prossimo numero del magazine (reefitalia.com). Li troverete tutte le notize raccolte fino ad ora, con foto e dettagli.
Un saluto

Old 11/19/2006, 08:00 AM   #219
invincible569
Registered Member

The cat is out of the hat!

Ocean Drive is thinking of translating the two Italian methods which have been very succesful with them. Translating takes time (not a 1 day process).

1. Blu Coral Method (HGH)
2. BroGri Method (non HGH)

The Blu Coral method is by Maurizio Manili of Rome. This method was skeptical of most Italians while today its the most popular.

The BroGri method was invented by Paolo Broggi which is the first tank posted on here and Dr. Marco Grilli.

I have more info on these methods, but I will let Ocean Drive translate it for everyone. All of this info I thank Ocean Drive, Sir, and the rest of the team at reefitalia.net

Old 11/19/2006, 08:01 AM   #220
Ocean Drive
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Sono gi* diversi anni che si usa...problemi di tiraggi in genere non ce ne sono.

Scusate se non mi dilungo con le spiegazioni, ma stiamo raccogliendo materiale per preparare degli articoli dedicati al metodo BC e al metodo BroGri, che probabilmente usciranno sul prossimo numero del magazine (reefitalia.com). Li troverete tutte le notize raccolte fino ad ora, con foto e dettagli.
Un saluto
They are already various years that use... problems of drafts in kind there aren't. Excuse me if I do not want explanat completely , but we are collecting material in order to prepare articles dedicates to you about BC and the BroGri methods, than probably will be loaded on the next number of our magazine (reefitalia.com) in english. You will find all news about they, with pics and details. In the meantime, You can post any question for the answers of article by ReefItalia Magazine.
Kindly,Sir

Edward, I'm not sure, Nando adds one liter of homemade live Phytoplankton every night
Carlo

Old 11/19/2006, 08:04 AM   #221
Ocean Drive
Registered Member

Nando says, is NOT necessary the HGH for the BC method. In Italy, the HGH is a one more speed.

Old 11/19/2006, 08:05 AM   #222
invincible569
Registered Member

In other words.. the HGH is just a boost.

Old 11/19/2006, 08:13 AM   #223
DarkXerox
Registered Member

Sir: Mi dispiace, non parlo Italiano molto bene! Sto abitando a Firenze per quattro mesi. Io studio all'universita americana, ma il mio Italiano è brutto!

Ho capito che stai dicendo. Studio biologia negli Stati Uniti. Capisco HGH è un ormone specifico per i umani perchè i recettori sono molto diversi nei coralli. Dunque, voglio trovare quale amminoacidico è il migliore per i coralli (il amminoacidico che è difficile trovare nel'aqua perchè le nostre vasce non sono naturali). Nel mare, penso che ci sono piu amminoacidici non possiamo trovare nelle nostre vasce. Molti negozi americani vendono gli amminoacidici nelle bottiglie, ma nessuno conosce che cosa è dentro! Loro sono "scattole nere".

Ok so this is coming from another bio student (me):

If the hormone breaks down into its constituent amino acids (AA's) in the freezing/mixing into the cube form, why can't we look up what the majority of the AA's in somatropin are? Then we can dose one each of the top 4 AA's present in different tanks, and see which one has the most SPS growth? I'm sure we could go onto PubMed and look up some journal articles that say what the makeup is or maybe go onto some protein database?

Magic bullet or not, if the dosing of specific AA's influences growth that much (hypothetically), it would be really worthwhile to find this out--especially since buying generic vials of AA's in the LFS to dose is becoming very popular. This could become as important as the invention of the protein skimmer.

Old 11/19/2006, 08:23 AM   #224
Sir
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkXerox
Sir: Mi dispiace, non parlo Italiano molto bene! Sto abitando a Firenze per quattro mesi. Io studio all'universita americana, ma il mio Italiano è brutto!

Ho capito che stai dicendo. Studio biologia negli Stati Uniti. Capisco HGH è un ormone specifico per i umani perchè i recettori sono molto diversi nei coralli. Dunque, voglio trovare quale amminoacidico è il migliore per i coralli (il amminoacidico che è difficile trovare nel'aqua perchè le nostre vasce non sono naturali). Nel mare, penso che ci sono piu amminoacidici non possiamo trovare nelle nostre vasce. Molti negozi americani vendono gli amminoacidici nelle bottiglie, ma nessuno conosce che cosa è dentro! Loro sono "scattole nere".

Ok so this is coming from another bio student (me):

If the hormone breaks down into its constituent amino acids (AA's) in the freezing/mixing into the cube form, why can't we look up what the majority of the AA's in somatropin are? Then we can dose one each of the top 4 AA's present in different tanks, and see which one has the most SPS growth? I'm sure we could go onto PubMed and look up some journal articles that say what the makeup is or maybe go onto some protein database?

Magic bullet or not, if the dosing of specific AA's influences growth that much (hypothetically), it would be really worthwhile to find this out--especially since buying generic vials of AA's in the LFS to dose is becoming very popular. This could become as important as the invention of the protein skimmer.
Ciao! finalmente leggo un pò di righe in italiano perfetto! complimenti!
un amminoacido è molto importante per la calcificazione....troverai notizie sull'articolo!
quelli più abbondanti nel gh sono di 5-6 tipi...ma non posso rivelare la formula amminoacidica....mi dispiace.
in genere anche noi usiamo amminoacidi commerciali, e molte vasche funzionano molto bene anche cosi. Fr* poco inizierò a dosare quell'amminoacido di cui ti parlavo...cosi da vedere gli effetti...quindi invece del gh userò solo 1 amminoacido...
vi faccio sapere..per il momento dovete essere pazienti..appena pronto l'articolo vi darò informazioni dettagliate.
Ciao e scusate.
Fabio

Old 11/19/2006, 08:30 AM   #225
Sir
Registered Member

Una precisazione....
non vorrei essre frainteso, non ve lo rivelo(quell'amminoacido) solo perchè è in fase di sperimentazione, quindi appena ho prove certe e sicure vi informerò....non per motivi personali
ciao

Closed Thread