Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

Weird Sea Bug

Posted 07/23/2010 at 11:03 AM by Mmckibben

So i have two of these little guy in hanging out in my zoas; they don't seem to bother them much. My guys is its some sort of copepod, or isopod. What do you guys think it is?

[IMG]http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz356/_-reefgeek-_/DSC_0104.jpg[/IMG]
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10521 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Anemone Questions, I Need Advice

Posted 07/20/2010 at 12:06 AM by Mmckibben

I've always loved anemone crabs, and would love to get one. The problem is the anemone. Allot of people say that it's not a good idea to put anemones in reef aquariums since they move around and sting what ever they touch. Despite this i see lots and lots of reef aquariums with anemones. First of all, do you guys think i should put an anemone in my 36 gallon corner sps reef aquarium? If so, which would be the best?
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10176 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

The recovery

Posted 07/18/2010 at 08:22 PM by Mmckibben

It took one year, but i fixed every thing. First i had a huge aiptasia problem, it took me $500. Right after that all my fish suddenly died from velvets. Then over a 30 day period i got RTN, flat worms, and a phosphate buildup. Now after losing all but 5 of my corals, and a new phosphate reactor, every thing is perfect. I have perfect water conditions and tons and tons of coraline algae.

I'm now working on a DIY led system using a 24 volt 4 amp dimming power supply, standard house...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10341 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Fiji and New Zealand trip =D

Posted 06/16/2010 at 11:29 PM by Mmckibben

I get to go to Fiji, and New Zealand for two weeks! The coolest part is the 6 drift dives I'm doing n fiji. I'll be sure to post pics after I gat back. don't expect great things from the dive photos, I have a cheap $150 dive camera that sucks. The above water stuff should be great though. Sea you all in two weeks.
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10911 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Jaw fish question

Posted 06/01/2010 at 05:45 PM by Mmckibben

Hi, so I have a year old sps reef aquarium with a deep sand bed. The deep sand bed has recently developed black spots . I know that these spots are beneficial unless disturbed. When disturbed I heard that they can release a toxic chemical. I'm wondering if it's to late for me to get a jaw fish?

Thanks for the help.
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 21524 Comments 2 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags