Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

random observations, thoughts on life, humorous stories....from the studio while I paint.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Unread

I Cried.

Posted 08/10/2010 at 03:25 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

And if you think this isn't a noteworthy topic...you don't know me very well. Because it takes a lot to bring me to that point. It is also interesting because it happened during rehearsal. I am playing "Blanche" in Brighton Beach Memoirs and one of my monologues hit home tonight...I will share:

"I'm not going to let you hurt me, Nora. I'm not going to let you tell me that I don't love you or that I haven't tried to give you as much as I gave Laurie....God knows...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 15164 Comments 0 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Favorites

Posted 08/05/2010 at 12:18 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

It's too hot in the studio tonight...and I've been working on some interesting pieces...that I won't unveil until I am sure i like them...but I was inspired by my daughter's love of Jackson Pollock. I am pretty sure that there are at least two people who will want one of these...or all of them. So I'm waiting until I am sure the results are what I intended.

Meanwhile...I turn to another canvas...one that Sky Sands told me I had...and that is putting words to print.

Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 17755 Comments 0 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Wanna be chat

Posted 08/04/2010 at 02:29 PM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

okay, so a few RC peeps have asked me or suggested that I start this since so many people come to visit here....

fire away. wanna start a conversation? have at it. I'll moderate...but i welcome any and all with whatever you want to discuss (within reason - and i have a friend that challenges that expression ALL THE TIME).

Let's start with basics...who are you, where you are from, why you got into the hobby...and what your number one dream is.

Ready?...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 239698 Comments 38 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Is There a Sea Lion in the Bathroom?

Posted 08/02/2010 at 12:15 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

Ok...day almost 5 (but who's counting) of having some sort of collapse of my immune system which led me to catch what I am referring to as the SFSA flu. (some f**king stupid a**). Besides the general feeling like I've been run over by a truck, there are some other pleasant companions, including sinus stuffiness that requires me to flip sides while trying to sleep every 5 minutes...and a cough that could raise the dead.

A preliminary qualification here....my son loves watching...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 50888 Comments 2 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Oh Sure, why not.....

Posted 07/31/2010 at 10:13 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)
Updated 07/31/2010 at 10:19 AM by superkat

Let's focus today on human idiosyncrasies. For instance, my daughter eats dinner in a circle. She has since she was old enough to turn a plate around. Chicken, peas, potatoes. Clockwise. Saves best for last...peas, in her case...and starts so that the peas are last. So...potatoes first, turn plate, chicken, turn plate...peas. Waa-la. I have more than several...i believe i've led an interesting enough life to warrant more than a few...but one is giving myself a reward for accomplishing something...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 143963 Comments 1 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags