Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

random observations, thoughts on life, humorous stories....from the studio while I paint.
Rate this Entry

Thanksgiving

Posted 11/24/2010 at 12:27 AM by superkat

Well, this is certainly a topic that many may jump right into and have a list of things that they are thankful for.....but some of us....maybe are pulling at straws to find something to be thankful for...and tonight, I just wanted to share a few that are first and foremost in my heart:

1. My children.
- It really is something when a bad day can be turned around by a hug from a child...or a sarcastic comment from your adult daughter. When Liam holds me, or touches my face and looks at me with those gorgeous blue eyes...any bit of sadness immediately leaves my body. It's almost like being touched by an angel. And when my daughter makes me laugh, it chases away cobwebs and creates a joy that cannot be compared to anything else.

2. My friends.
- I'm not talking about acquaintances here. I'm talking about the people in my life that will be there for me as I am there for them. The ones that call when I am sick, listen to me when i need to vent, hold me when i am scared, drop everything to help me out of a crisis...whether it's a true emergency or a dead battery on a car. The ones that feel comfortable sharing their deepest thoughts with me....knowing that if I treasure their company, I would never reveal. The ones that are secure in knowing that once I am theirs...I will remain loyal...at whatever cost.

3. My home.
- Materialistic? No. Because I know people who are in danger of losing theirs. I know there are many out there that are a paycheck or a medical emergency away from being homeless. My home is not only for my comfort, and the well being of my son...but also an open door to my friends and loved one. For if there was ever a need....they would be welcome here.

4. My heart.
- Physically broken once, emotionally broken a million times...and yet...still beating (um...clicking) and still able to love deeply and tenderly without expectations.

5. Breath
- Breath of life. Breath of fresh air. Breathing in goodness...breathing out negativity. Being able to catch it if I am drowning. Breathing life into another. The steady, soft sound of someone peacefully sleeping.....precious.

6. Faith
- In myself. In others. Believing in what cannot be seen. Trusting in what you can't hold on to. Leaning into that when you feel the world slipping out from beneath you. It breeds hope, and dreams....and draws a path towards the future.

7. Life
- My dog. My tanks. The trees. The grass. Yes, even the impending snow. All beautiful. All part of a much bigger picture that we sometimes lose sight of.

8. Peace
- Where you find it. Even if you don't know where you are looking. Even if you lose your way. It's there. All I have to do is close my eyes. It could be a memory. A person. A place. A touch. A glance. A warm embrace. The caress of my son's hand on my face.

9. Entertainment
- Odd? Maybe. But for the ability to enjoy what I want to enjoy and when....is a beautiful thing.

10. My senses.
- Touch. Taste. See. Hear. Feel. Without these...life just would not be complete.

There are not many in my life I would say this to...but to those few...I say this,

"Thank you. Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for taking the time to listen. To understand. To share. To be the kind of friend to me that I want to be to others. Thank you for letting me be there for you. Thank you for understanding that I have a different approach. I'm a little different...and for making it known to me that that is perfectly okay."
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 529609 Comments 4 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. New Comment
    here's my list of thanks giving...

1 every thing
    2 every thing that may not be included in 1
    3 every thing related to everything in ways that include every thing.
  2. New Comment
    where'd you go cat?
  3. New Comment
    family emergency. working on getting my life back on track. i'll be back soon.
  4. New Comment
    Oh no, well good luck and see you soon